Xero correction

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by No Frills, Jun 11, 2019.

1. No Frills

No Frills UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi All

I've recently started using Xero and whist i have been entering a lot of transactions on to the bank, i have noticed my opening balance is wrong. it was correct at the time of moving my data over so I can only assume i have entered something in the wrong year. how do i find out if something has been entered with the wrong date. I have looked through the audit trail but it only gives me the date i entered the transaction, not the date on the bank statement. any ideas ??

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 By: No Frills Member since: May 13, 2019
  2. Scalloway

Scalloway UKBF Legend Free Member

14,790 3,146
    I would either take a print out of the bank account and the bank statement or download them both to a spreadsheet. Then go through and check and tick each transaction (on a spreadsheet I use highlighting) until you come across the error.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 By: Scalloway Member since: Jun 6, 2010
  3. No Frills

No Frills UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi Scalloway

Yes I've done that and it looks like nothing was entered in the wrong year, but for some reason my opening balance is wrong when it is being pulled through on to a spreadsheet compared to the balance on Xero?? I'm lost know idea why its doing this and I'm not that experienced on this software. maybe close it down and look at it again tomorrow, thanks for your help

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 By: No Frills Member since: May 13, 2019
  4. ecommerce84

ecommerce84 UKBF Regular Free Member

470 128
    Sometimes the best thing to do is to leave it and come back to it.

Chances are the mistake you can’t find today will jump out at you tomorrow.

Posted: Jun 11, 2019 By: ecommerce84 Member since: Feb 24, 2007