WTF UPS completely messed up

Discussion in 'International Business' started by Ray272, Jul 17, 2019.

1. Ray272

Ray272 UKBF Regular Free Member

186 25
    Ok so my shipper sent my goods using EMS premium. Due to value of goods these get handled by UPS locally.

My shippers waybill had a tiny mistake. In the post code the last 3 digits, they wrote a 2 instead of a 4.

Ups local depot spotted the mistake and somehow decided the actual correct address had no meaning to them with that small error.

Looked up our company name found an old address we last had a delivery to, 4 years ago and changed the address to the old address from 4 years ago and delivered the goods to some unknown person.

Litrually sent the goods 50 miles to another location. Goods had made it to local depot with that tiny mistake it's shocking they made decision to change the delivery address.

Worse still, duties and taxes were not even raised and should have been raised prior to delivery.

I have never heard anything like this it seems really odd.

Anyone had an issue like this with UPS before?

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  2. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

1,063 220
    Yes, they make it clear up front that their delivery is Usually Pretty S**t.

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  3. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,966 1,262
    UPS are one of the better carriers but when your employing thousands of people you will get your fair share of doughnuts

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  4. Ray272

Ray272 UKBF Regular Free Member

186 25
    Yes agreed UPS are fantastic but when there's a real problem they are completely awful.

Calling from withheld numbers
    Not leaving a message. Not updating their own UPS internal systems on steps being taken to solve the problem. Relying on the regular customer svcs phone number and system to handle matters which deserve dedicated personnel to manage.

The absolute worst is this phoning from a withheld number and not having the ability to call person back or even be connected to person when you call.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 By: Ray272 Member since: Jul 5, 2017
  5. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

12,301 3,187
    If delivery address is based on the postcode and you have given a **** postcode I would take some of the blame yourself. A wrong postcode is not a 'tiny' mistake. Ever.

Posted: Jul 19, 2019 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  6. Guy Incognito

Guy Incognito UKBF Contributor Free Member

68 7
    Had a client go mental at us the other week as their delivery was not received. Shouted down the phone, said we were lying, making up the tracking number etc despite them having a link to it.

Upon investigating, the reason the courier company had not delivered was that the client - upon paying for the goods - had entered a 2 rather than a 3 in their postcode. Which they then still blamed us for...

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 By: Guy Incognito Member since: Aug 2, 2016