Would this suggestion be useful

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Drachsi, Jul 21, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    I fairly new here and have been reprimanded for adding links to my posts. I am a member of another Forum which allows 1 free link in the signature, full members get 6 links. This seems a good way for new members to have a link, but more importantly, reduces the amount of other url's needed in the posts.

Is this something worth considering for this Forum?
    Regards

Drachsi

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 By: Drachsi Member since: Jul 8, 2009
  2. MartCactus

MartCactus Contributor

983 215
    anyone can cliick on your name and select "view homepage" to view your homepage.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 By: MartCactus Member since: Sep 24, 2007
  3. JDX_John

JDX_John Contributor

1,118 125
    I didn't know this was frowned on here, for instance MartCactus himself has 3 links in his sig. Or were your links more spam-like, posting only to post links?

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 By: JDX_John Member since: Mar 26, 2009
  4. mentor

mentor UKBF Newcomer

21 2
    Some forums have different worlds, I guess. :redface:

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 By: mentor Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  5. Guest

0 0
    I couldn't agree more! There are so many one-post wonders on here who think it is just a free way to promote your services and businesses. I must admit when i initially found the site i did think that :( until i actually started reading all the posts and answers.

This is a place for people to share their expertise and knowledge to others and in return you recieve their expertise.

if the mods allowed spam i am sure it would put off genuine UKBF users - i for one take great enjoyment on hitting that "report spam" triangle :p

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 By: Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  6. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    Not certain I agree. Everybody contributing to the Forum may like a single link in the signature. I know if you pay, you get a lot link possiblities and possibly graphics. On one Forum, I can put a link name ie "Internet Support" which is clickable, if people are not interested in what you have to say in the post, they will not visit the link.

Possibly this is an option after say 25 posts?

Drachsi

7. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    I think it is because he is a paid member.

Drachsi

8. Guest

0 0
    I'm not saying i disagree with being able to have a signature link......or being able to post a link on a thread AS LONG AS IT IS RELEVANT.
    :)

9. Guest

0 0
    What thread were you told off for posting in?

10. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    Good to know, I often wondered how it worked.

Drachsi

11. An Oasis

An Oasis Contributor

9,842 1,683
    It is quite clear which members are paid up members and those that are not paid members. Unless of course the viewer is unable to read in which case it's a lottery as to whether they will guess correctly or not.

Posted: Jul 21, 2009 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
  12. Guest

0 0
    I would still be interested to know what you were posting that was deemed as inappropriate?

13. Drachsi

Drachsi UKBF Newcomer

70 7
    I think I posted to the wrong Forum with that message. I very happy here, and have added the Forum to list of useful resources at http://internet-marketing-list.blogspot.com/

Drachsi

14. Guest

0 0
    I have clicked on your link...................i like how you have refered to UKBF as "Naturally you are expected to make posts, asking or reply to questions. These are not for Spammers" :rolleyes:

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.