Would appreciate feedback on my ecommerce shop

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Lynxdry, Mar 27, 2019.

1. Lynxdry

Lynxdry UKBF Regular Full Member

157 21
    Hi folks

Launched my cycling ecommerce shop back in January, www.cyclingvelocity.com I have had approx 1300 USD worth of orders since I deliver worldwide and take multiple currencies, would appreciate your feedback on how to improve the shop and increase sales.

Thanks
    LD

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 By: Lynxdry Member since: Aug 25, 2009
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

14,874 1,622
    The item names appear very crowded.
    And the folding electrical bike - brand is no brand name? Top speed other?

The main page - your reviews appear odd. One for Kale with 5 stars and one praising your company with 2 stars?

I like the fact you do free postage and pay customs & VAT.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,897 1,025
    It just looks like an unfinished project. It's like you are intentionally trying to put people off. Get it finished before you ask for reviews.

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,356 8,923
    It looks like you have dumped every feature, animation and option on the homepage without any real thought.

The product titles are awful, there are no product descriptions and the whole thing looks like a naff dropshipping enterprise.

Especially as there are no contact details and the returns policy is in Engrish

Not very good 1/10

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,207 1,719
    As above.

Also no address on the website is a breach of the EC directive, so thus illegal

6.—(1) A person providing an information society service shall make available to the recipient of the service and any relevant enforcement authority, in a form and manner which is easily, directly and permanently accessible, the following information—

(a)the name of the service provider;

(b)the geographic address at which the service provider is established;

Posted: Mar 27, 2019 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  6. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,770 1,284
    Front page, everything is in USD - click on other areas, items are in sterling...

Doesn't shout professional to me, you're clearly a drop-shipping company... reminds me of looking on the WISH app TBH.

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  7. UKSBD

UKSBD Not a real duck Staff Member

9,177 1,720
    It doesn't load for me using IE10

1st thing I do when I see product pages displaying sku numbers is search on Google for the number which shows me I can by the product elsewhere for less than half the price.

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  8. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

10,318 2,094
    Have you read the the consumer regulations

Posted: Mar 29, 2019 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  9. itsnathanhere

itsnathanhere UKBF Regular Full Member

106 26
    Would I be correct in assuming this is a dropshipping service making use of Aliexpress? I've written copy for product listings on very similar websites before. You've got $1,300 worth of orders so you're doing something well obviously, but your long-form titles and not-quite-there web design scream "cheap and cheerful gear".

Bear in mind that shipping times will be long for the UK (possibly over a month if you're really unlucky) so it's important this is clearly stated on each product page. I notice you do mention this on your shipping page, but most people won't read it and you'll find yourself with a wave of poor reviews just because people thought they'd have their item by the end of the week - even if they're really happy with it.

My suggestions:
    • Edit your titles to be short-form and put they keywords in a longer product description instead (looks more professional and less like a dropshipping site)
    • Use a design that makes full use of the user's display - I get the top 2/3 of your slider when I visit your site
    • Include more detailed shipping information on every product page to avoid customers disappointment

May I ask how you're driving traffic to this site?

Last edited: Mar 31, 2019
    Posted: Mar 30, 2019 By: itsnathanhere Member since: Nov 7, 2011
  10. alan1302

alan1302 UKBF Regular Free Member

422 87
    Would be by bicycle :D

Posted: Mar 30, 2019 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  11. Chris Ashdown

10,318 2,094
    If I was to buy from you, it looks like i am in for a huge wait maybe 3 weeks in the UK on the bikes i could get from say www.evanscycles.com the next day as they are showing instock

Assuming i did buy from you and it had a fault, I guess the spare parts would also be a long wait leaving me without ambike foe maybe weeks

With dropshipping the goods are normally sent out the next day, which is what people expect, you seem to be offering quite a poor service compared to other compeditors

Posted: Mar 31, 2019 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  12. Chris Ashdown

10,318 2,094
    Posted: Mar 31, 2019 By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  13. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

14,874 1,622
    Posted: Mar 31, 2019 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  14. khushy

khushy UKBF Contributor Full Member

64 7
    unless you have a TRUCK LOAD of money - you wont make ANY money in the cycling sales sector - currently the whole industry is in a discount crazy race to the bottom of an abyss that you wont be able to trade yourself out of - there are better companies doing it cheaper quicker better faster than you can even dream of - you need piles of cash to bypass distributors and importers - unless of course you make your own products :) which is the only other way to build a serious business in this sector - I would give up, use the skills you have acquired so far and find a different sector to invest your time/money on - just imho of course - good luck

Posted: Apr 9, 2019 By: khushy Member since: Oct 25, 2006