Worldpay problems

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by gary, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    Has anyone else been having problems with Worldpay recently? About a week ago I got a call from a couple of people who had tried to place orders but Worldpay was down. On one occasion the customer paid for an order but it didn't return them to the site afterwards so the order wasn't completed. Others just couldn'y get to the payment page - just got page not found errors.

I've just tried connecting to www.worldpay.com now as well to access the admin area and it's just timing out.

Posted: Aug 5, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  2. gary

807 3
    OK, managed to get through to the Worldpay admin page now and there's the following message:

--------------------------------------------
    Some customers are experiencing intermittent access to our payment and administration systems.

Please advise your customers to try again if they encounter a problem - in some cases the second attempt will succeed. We are investigating this problem with the utmost urgency and will update you as soon as we know more - we have no further information at this time.
    ------------------------------------------------

Terrible having to rely so much on services that you have no control over!

Posted: Aug 5, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  3. SillyJokes

SillyJokes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4,505 598
    WorldPay and Royal Mail - both a problem.

I am just so glad we build our website inhouse as I couldn't cope with another third party.[/list]

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 By: SillyJokes Member since: Jul 26, 2004
  4. gary

807 3
    Ah yes, Royal Mail... I must admit that most of our orders arrive the next day or within 2 days of posting, so that's ok, but it does seem to vary greatly in different areas.

Posted: Aug 10, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.