Wordpress site health check.

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by AllUpHere, Aug 13, 2020.

1. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

3,343 1,265
    I have a notification on a Wordpress site that is part of the site health status thingamybob. It reads:

Site Health Status
    The site health check shows critical information about your WordPress configuration and items that require your attention.

1 critical issue
    A PHP session was created by a session_start() function call. This interferes with REST API and loopback requests. The session should be closed by session_write_close() before making any HTTP requests.

Does anyone have any idea what this means in English (the kind of English a small child would understand)?

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  2. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,607 1,823
    I'm not sure I can dumb it down to small child level.

Maybe - a bad man has broken one of your toys, but don't cry it can be fixed.

You have a poorly written theme or plugin that doesn't play nicely with some features of core WordPress.

Posted: Aug 13, 2020 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  3. Wayne Smyth

Wayne Smyth UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 16
    I don't know a lot about wordpress or PHP, but a quick google search leads me to believe that many people have been complaining about the same thing recently.

My guess is that an update has been released for wordpress or one of your plugins which has caused the error.

Could also be that the plugin reporting the error is bugged, and there is in fact no issue. :)

If it were me I'd probably do nothing and wait for a new patch to be released. Of course, if you recently manually updated something which has caused this and you can rollback then it may be worth doing so.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 By: Wayne Smyth Member since: Nov 11, 2019
  4. AllUpHere

3,343 1,265
    Do nothing and hope it fixes itself; now you really are talking my language.

Posted: Aug 14, 2020 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  5. HW-J

HW-J UKBF Contributor Full Member

50 3
    It could be referring to quite a few different things. Take a look in the error log or alternatively have you contacted your web host to take a look?

Posted: Aug 16, 2020 By: HW-J Member since: Nov 17, 2019
  6. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,607 1,823
    :)

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  7. AllUpHere

3,343 1,265
    See, Alan understands my level of technical expertise.

Posted: Aug 17, 2020 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  8. WebDesires

WebDesires UKBF Regular Full Member

259 44
    this is quite a dumb report in my eyes, it doesn't mean there IS a problem, so if your site is functioning fine just ignore it.

Posted: Aug 25, 2020 By: WebDesires Member since: Feb 23, 2016