Wordpress Host With Own Emails Etc

Discussion in 'IT & Internet' started by Jim Street, Nov 9, 2020.

1. Jim Street

Jim Street Full Member

44 3
    I used to use Open Mind Hosting before I cannot find them now.

I have launched a new website using wordpress (website for reference is www.jsremovals.co.uk - I am not just link dropping but hope it would help).

I currently use 123 with emails and its rubbish.

Open mind hosting gave a dedicate solution where I can have a good server solution, ability to create however many emails I want with plenty of disk space etc (we filled 500mb allowance in 2-3 weeks) and be UK based? Thanks

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 By: Jim Street Member since: Sep 30, 2019
  2. nahosting

nahosting UKBF Enthusiast

252 62
    Hi Jim,

Looks like Open Mind Hosting haven't tweeted since 2014.

You have your website on Google cloud so you could go with either Microsoft 365 or Google Workspace for emails if you are looking for lots of space. Microsoft 365 comes with 50GB mailboxes as standard and you can create shared mailboxes for free.

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 By: nahosting Member since: Mar 19, 2013
  3. fc-ramon

fc-ramon UKBF Contributor

77 16
    Hi you have a couple of options, I've used privateemail by namecheap before. They run on openxchange and ive not had any issues so far.

I've used catalyst2 before, they are UK based - a bit pricy but support is second to none and it comes with a good anti-spam but they just use cpanel webmail.

If you only need a mailbox but need a lot of storage, hosted exchange is a good option at (£3 ish a month of 50GB of mailbox storage - no webmail as far as i know though, you connect in via a desktop client like outlook or thunderbird)
    If you want the whole sha-bang so office tools with collaboration, 1TB onedrive and 50GB mailbox, office on desktop and email then office / microsoft 365 is £5 ish a user direct from microsoft and comes with webmail plus the full updated office programs.

ps. nice website

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 By: fc-ramon Member since: Nov 6, 2020
  4. fc-ramon

77 16
    The nameservers are godaddy nameservers though, i dont know if godaddy are using gcp now or if whoishostingthis is giving me a wrong result

Edit: mybad, 123reg are EIG so its probs just using that as the DNS is managed by 123reg

5. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

35,094 10,710
    OpenMind are now incorporated into https://hostinguk.net/

I've with them for years - never had any majot issues.

As an aside, the new site isn't any better than the old. You are a full member, get yourself a website review. I can spot a whole load of issues on the homepage before even scrolling down

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. fc-ramon

77 16
    Would you mind saying what issues you found? I thought it looked good but i'm more of a backend guy than a front end side : (

Also hosting uk is part of iomart (didnt know they bought openmind!). Iomart are pretty good - although i've only had experiance with the colocation service.

7. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

10,976 2,240
    Openmind became part of Iomart a number of years ago
    Iomart have numerous hosting set ups the main one being Easyspace

OpenMind moved to https://hostinguk.net/

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  8. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

35,094 10,710
    Nothing major. Their customer portal UI is a bit annoying and very occasionally there is a support hitch (usually a 10pm on a Sunday when you have a question) but compared to all the other hosts I've used they are rock solid.

Posted: Nov 9, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  9. openmind

openmind Verified Business ✔️

4,703 867
    7 years after I sold it and it's still being mentioned on occasion. Not sure if that's a good or a bad thing ;)

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 By: openmind Member since: Sep 6, 2005
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  10. Darren_Ssc

Darren_Ssc UKBF Legend

1,925 695
    I would try and separate your hosting from email provider tbh. A few extra quid is worth the expense in the long run.

Posted: Jan 29, 2021 By: Darren_Ssc Member since: Mar 1, 2019
  11. webhostuk

webhostuk Verified Business ✔️

1,417 170
    Now most the shared hosting plans have huge disk space. Can you share your over all requirement. Do you download your emails as well?

Posted: Jan 30, 2021 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009