Will you be celebrating the monarch's jubilee?

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by Rhyl Lightworks, Jun 2, 2012.

?

What are you doing on Tuesday

Poll closed Jun 9, 2012.
  1. I am a Monarchist and shall be attending a street party.

3 vote(s)
    13.6%
  2. I am a Monarchist but shall not be attending a street party

5 vote(s)
    22.7%
  3. I couldn't care one way or the other

9 vote(s)
    40.9%
  4. I am a Republican and shall not be attending a street party

4 vote(s)
    18.2%
  5. I am a Republican but shall be attending a street party

1 vote(s)
    4.5%
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Rhyl Lightworks

Rhyl Lightworks UKBF Ace Free Member

2,536 425
    I thought it might be interesting to see how many people here were monarchists.

Barrie.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: Rhyl Lightworks Member since: Aug 16, 2006
  2. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,643
    I have been certified sane ,so shall not be celebrating anything unless a boat sinks.;)

Seems the one area of education no one learns from is history.:eek:

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  3. 360interactive

360interactive UKBF Ace Free Member

1,487 347
    I demand proof!

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: 360interactive Member since: Jul 20, 2008
  4. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    I think it is one of these things where if we had a good queen such as Queen Elizabeth 1st, Queen Victoria and King James then that makes for a brilliant thing and I would be waving the flag with joy. However........

I have voted could not care less one way or the other. I will not be attending any parties and will be working through the holidays.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  5. trebor8

trebor8 Guest

0 0
    The tv is permanently off this weekend

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: trebor8 Member since: Jan 1, 1970
  6. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    As I said people don't seem to learn from history.:eek:

7. dagr

dagr UKBF Ace Free Member

1,888 321
    I hesitated between "couldn't care" and Republican, i.e. I'm not vehemently anti-monarchy, but don't have much time for them either.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: dagr Member since: Aug 30, 2005
  8. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    Neither am I,but I strongly object to the Brown Nosed Joe's who support the system.

In fact I object to all Brown Nosed Joe's.:)

9. Banned

Banned Banned

1,899 768
    And I object to one trick ponies, who repetitive inane and frankly uneducated (although they say otherwise, but prove their ignorance by the the constant reverences to a certain website that carries unvaried content that's put there by the public) drivel show exactly why we need a monarchy and something to be proud off.

In 2012, yes it is 2012 not 1600 and freezing-to-death, we should be proud of our traditions and history that so many other countries envy. It's just a shame that we can't be as proud to wave our flag in the same way the Yanks do. Is equally shameful we can't be proud as the main instigators that have given the West the free world we now live in. Which no doubt wasn't hindered by the fact seventy years ago we had a national pride and stood up for our country and believes - that is now considered raciest by many.

The royal family cost each person roughly the same as a first class stamp, half a loaf of bread, a pint of milk, so there really is no reason for whining as to their cost. However I now expect a wiki-fact telling me they really cost me personally my first born, pension and twenty million every three weeks in extra NI contributions.

It's GREAT Britain, and it's the likes on the moaning, whining unpatriotic PC brigade that stick up for everyone else's rights, rather than our own, that is eroding the "Great".

[​IMG]

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: Banned Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  10. Rhyl Lightworks

2,536 425
    Great (in Great Britain) comes from the French at the time of William the Conquerer. It meant Large Brittany.

Barrie

11. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    As I said people don't seem to learn from history.:eek:

12. Cobby

Cobby UKBF Ace Free Member

4,043 844
    Go against the fashion with "I love the Royal Family", but then go with the fashion with "lol, a wikipedia entry, what an idiot".

Truly a great post.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: Cobby Member since: Oct 28, 2009
  13. Banned

Banned Banned

1,899 768
    As I said (obviously not clearly enough), some people don't appreciate just what a great country this is and choose to moan and whine about everything. It's 2012, perhaps we should live for now.

Earl, the only history that matters and is relevant to those living today is that since 1914 as that is what has made Great Britain what it is today - TODAY. And that is relevant (sorry I realise relevance to a thread isn't something you are familiar with!) because we won the wars thanks to national pride and commitment, and the Royal family were pivotal to that. Today, thanks to the likes of you, people probably wouldn't bother.

14. Banned

Banned Banned

1,899 768
    OK, you've lost me Cobby :|

15. simon field

simon field UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

4,059 1,511
    What a load of tosh. "The royal family". Pah.

They're where they are cos their forebearers murdered their way in, and the sooner we do away with the whole lot of 'em (along with all the sycophantic hangers-on of) and replace them with a meaningful bunch of real people, the better.

So no, I'll have the day off- cheers for that - but you can keep your outdated, pointless, greedy little bunch of inbreds and their associates thanks.

Having said that, Charles is alright. Maybe because he's a nutter:eek:

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: simon field Member since: Feb 4, 2011
  16. Rhyl Lightworks

2,536 425
    I would say we won the wars thanks to the intervention of the USA (like it or not) - and they are certainly not a monarchy.

Barrie

17. Team Leith Training

Team Leith Training UKBF Newcomer

1,460 265
    in a word the answer to the thread is NO!.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: Team Leith Training Member since: May 8, 2011
  18. captaincloser

captaincloser Banned

2,770 1,130
    Tomorrow onwards for 3 days will show where the real heart of this country is...and it's not in a bunch of cowardly t'internet warriors who would all shrivel up in the presence of the Queen.

A very interesting recently written report on the Royal Family represents their net worth to the UK as 42 billion pounds and that is after deducting the entire civil list costs.The queen as an example is the mainstay of inward tourism to London.

If you are going to post on the brave t'internet via UKBF about the Royal Family get some balls and get some proper education on what you are dribbling over.

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: captaincloser Member since: Mar 20, 2010
  19. Consistency

Consistency Banned

8,214 1,545
    A lot of people don't like the Royal Family because of how much they have. It comes down to jealousy sometimes and a wish that they could have the life of riley the way they seem to.

I wonder how many times the Queen has wished for one day, in her own silent thoughts that she could get up in the mid morning and go off to Tesco's and see what bargains there are. She may have wondered what it would be like to just walk from A to B on her own, like we do.

While some have a hunger to live like she does for a day, she may be having the same hunger to live like us for a day.

I am in the middle really and don't have such an opinion on it. I think before we condemn the Royals because they have a bigger garden, we have to consider the alternative - would it be any better?

Posted: Jun 2, 2012 By: Consistency Member since: May 21, 2010
  20. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    Well ww2 was won because of the Russian contribution.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.