Will TUPE apply to new Tennants?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecommerce84

Free Member
Feb 24, 2007
Morning all,

Just a quick one. We are shortly to take advantage of a break in our lease to vacate our existing cafe business.

I won’t bore you all with the details but we operate within another business and it hasn’t been as independent as we were promised.

Anyway, that’s decided so regretfully we’re off.

However I do have a handful of staff who will understandably be worried.

The business we are in needs a catering outlet so they will either find new tennants or most likely run it themselves. It will likely re open within a day or 2 of us departing.

Am I correct in assuming that although they are not purchasing our business, TUPE will apply and the new operators will have an obligation to keep the staff?

Thank you,
ec84

Newchodge

Business Member
Nov 8, 2012
Newcastle
Morning all,

Just a quick one. We are shortly to take advantage of a break in our lease to vacate our existing cafe business.

I won’t bore you all with the details but we operate within another business and it hasn’t been as independent as we were promised.

Anyway, that’s decided so regretfully we’re off.

However I do have a handful of staff who will understandably be worried.

The business we are in needs a catering outlet so they will either find new tennants or most likely run it themselves. It will likely re open within a day or 2 of us departing.

Am I correct in assuming that although they are not purchasing our business, TUPE will apply and the new operators will have an obligation to keep the staff?

Thank you,
ec84
It sounds very much like it.

Reactions: ecommerce84
Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu