Why UKBusinessForums Can Help Your Business!

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Jet Virtual, Jan 11, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Paul_Rosser

Paul_Rosser UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Nope. using a real name and company also gives you some level of credibility when discussing subjects.

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 By: Paul_Rosser Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  2. Young Recruit

Young Recruit UKBF Regular Free Member

I agree,

If your on this site to sell your services, trying to build a credible online presence or even a persona then it's better to have a photo of yourself.

JA

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 By: Young Recruit Member since: Sep 27, 2012
  3. serendipitybusiness

serendipitybusiness UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

People trust me here, I have been around long enough and done business with UK business forum members in the past. All I am saying is people have reasons for aliases and like me would not be as open about helping others without them. It doesn't mean they are underhand or untrustworthy, it is just that they do it for a reason.

You have no reason to hide, your right but you are dealing with call answering services, it is a whole different ballgame, you are not in my business at my level(my service related business) but those that are, most are even more tight lipped than me. Very few use their real names but yet have being doing business with each over for over 12 years.

What I am saying is it might help if you were on here to just get work but if you are here to contribute information, it doesn't matter and shouldn't matter, trust is earned through thoughtful, honest and open provision of valid information, not just because you have your face on your avatar.

Last edited: Jan 27, 2013
    Posted: Jan 27, 2013 By: serendipitybusiness Member since: Jun 27, 2008
  4. Jet Virtual

Jet Virtual UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

James are you saying that you have no intention whatsoever to provide services for anyone on this forum?

If so then how credible is your advice?

I mean if you are so unconfident to share your company name why should we trust your advice???

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  5. Young Recruit

I'm honestly not on here to sell Jet. But if I was I would probably 'brand' (for want of a better phrase!) myself differently.

Having an Avatar allows me to not be so worried about writing less than perfect posts and them appearing in searches about me.

This forum lets me research and learn about issues related to small businesses. I also get some great advice

How you present yourself really depends on why your on this forum in the first place. For some people, myself included, it's irrelevant as to whether if you decide to trust them or not. It doesn't really matter whether I'm trusted, it would be nice but I wouldn't expect trust because I'm not being completely transparent.

JA

Posted: Jan 27, 2013 By: Young Recruit Member since: Sep 27, 2012
  6. Young Recruit

Also because I'm not selling anything, it means any advice I do give is purely through my passion for business and wanting to help people through my experience. It's completely impartial, which makes it even more honest and trust worthy.

Mortgage advisers will give you advice. You will know their real name, see their real face, but it's advice driven by the goal of making a profit, so will always be biased.

Links in forum signatures may lead to landing pages where 'free advice' kind of stuff can be downloaded, in return for a warm email lead. Good advice people receive maybe, but driven by the goal of profit.

Anyone with links to their business in this forum is obviously on here to make a profit of some sort and this will always bias the advice they give, whether it's picking holes in advice given by new competitors who join the forum or seeing a new member join who maybe looking for their services and giving advice to them.

That's just the interesting dynamics of a free/paid internet forum - alliances will be formed, enemies will be made, services will get sold, Sift Media will make money, people will get good and bad advice, there are newbies, oldbies, grumpys, sarcastics, flippants, observers, sellers, buyers, business owners, students, trolls, start ups, and the list goes on!

JA

Last edited: Jan 28, 2013
    Posted: Jan 28, 2013 By: Young Recruit Member since: Sep 27, 2012
  7. Paul_Rosser

Paul_Rosser UKBF Big Shot Full Member - Verified Business

Have to disagree, my company link is in my signature but not to try and gain any clients or make money.

It's there so when people ask questions about the industry I'm in, they know my advice is solid as I do this for a living.

Posted: Jan 28, 2013 By: Paul_Rosser Member since: Jul 5, 2012
  8. 4little1s

4little1s UKBF Ace Full Member

Just to chip in here....we have been using this forum for awhile now and the benefits we have seen over the years have been:

• New customers
    • Advice on a wide range of subjects
    • Contacts (many of which we have done business with)
    Great forum and a valuable source of reference

Posted: Feb 2, 2013 By: 4little1s Member since: Aug 1, 2008
  9. Jpro

Jpro UKBF Newcomer Free Member

As a new member I hope to provide genuine value to the forum and therefore develop good, quality business contacts. In turn this will generate business for other users and hopefully ourselves.

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 By: Jpro Member since: Feb 6, 2013
  10. Jet Virtual

Jpro if you want to gain business you need to tell us what you do ...

for £45 a year you get to have a link to your website ;)

Posted: Feb 7, 2013 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  11. Jpro

Jpro UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Ha! Yes that would help! Sorry, yesterday was a busy day for me.

I work as the social media consultant for MortgagePro Uk, a mortgage broker. To be honest my job title is very limiting in comparison to the work that I do, I am involved with SEO, advertising, media/website maintenance and even a little marketing strategy. I am here mainly to learn, connecting with professionals involved with PPC and design would be very helpful for me and my company.

Thanks,
    James

Posted: Feb 8, 2013 By: Jpro Member since: Feb 6, 2013
  12. Jet Virtual

I wonder if anyone has tried testing different signatures to see click through rates?

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 By: Jet Virtual Member since: Mar 21, 2011
  13. Young Recruit

Great idea.

Google tested some ads using different shades of blue. Certain shades = higher click through!

Has anyone one tested different CTAs in their signatures?

JA

Posted: Feb 10, 2013 By: Young Recruit Member since: Sep 27, 2012
  14. XLIN.Ltd

XLIN.Ltd UKBF Newcomer Full Member - Verified Business

I fully agree with Daniel (JetVirtual) that you need to build a reputation or credibility - whether you are posting on business forums or attending a networking event - before you can build a one-to-one rapport. The business will follow.

I also agree with Moneyman that many times the start-up entrepreneurs get a lot of negative comments and feedback about their business idea. But, a true entrepreneur should take such comments or criticisms positively and analyse them as a part of ‘what if’ analysis. This will help you to be prepared to face the problem, if it arises.

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 By: XLIN.Ltd Member since: Apr 22, 2013
  15. simoneastern

simoneastern UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Tks a lot for your advice, I think as a freshman here, I have many things and rules to learn, my first expectation is making friends with those successful businessmen. In China, there's a saying that the trees you planted deliberately will not grow most of the time, but if you planted it unintentionally, it will grow well. Using the forum without a utilitarian heart and trying our best to help others can help us to establish our own reputation and get business opportunities unaffectedly.

Posted: May 15, 2013 By: simoneastern Member since: May 15, 2013
  16. Henry Osadzinski

Henry Osadzinski UKBF Newcomer Free Member

Hi folks,

Great to see this thread has been helpful to a lot of people :) We'll be leaving it up as a sticky but closing it to further comments. If you have a question or comment leading on from the advice given, feel free to start a new thread. If you like what people are saying in here, you can show your appreciation through the Thanks button.

We're doing this as part of a trial to see how best to handle popular stickies and keep content fresh. Any feedback or suggestions are always appreciated over in the Feedback and Help forum.

Thanks for reading!

Posted: Jun 10, 2013 By: Henry Osadzinski Member since: Aug 30, 2011
    • Thanks Thanks x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.