Who to vote for at the general election

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Duke Fame, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,643
    The Scots invented it,the chinese made it,the English flogged it.:p

Earl

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  2. Duke Fame

Duke Fame UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

813 87

SNP have a nationalist agenda to self rule. To do so, the Scotches will need a currency. That's your starting point, work it out from there.

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
    Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: Duke Fame Member since: Jan 28, 2008
  3. sellickbhoy

sellickbhoy UKBF Ace Free Member

1,063 258
    Vote for me

I've decided to stand against my local disgraced, crooked, expense fiddling mp

heres my platform - what do you think

1. Parent of FAT children will ahve them taken off them and will be sterilised. they will be forced to pay the cost of both the surgery and paying a foster family to raise their kids. Also, they will be banned from using lifts or escalators and they must pay for 2 seats on an airplane

2. Airplanes will charge by total weight - take all the bags you like if you are a wee skinny thing, but fat hefers can only take a wallet! if you exceed a total weight of 100KG including bags, something has to go! You could sever a limb!

3. Invade jersey, empty the tax dodging parasites bank accounts and stick it back into the treasury. This includes the landlords that own the HMRC building.

4. Legalise all drugs - nationallise the industry for hard core drugs - nothing like a government ad campaign to make something seem unattractive. Tax the drugs and use the income to fund drug awareness and rehabilitation facilities. We sell drink and fags - why not charlie and E?

5. impose age limits on religion - just like drink, driving, sex and voting - you can't participate until you are of a certain age. No one may enter a church, mosque, synagogue etc until they are 16. We may tolerate some small amount of religion being taught by parents ito their children in the privacy of their own home. But it would have to be removed entirely from schools/education

6. ban trident - it's awfy expensive and no good will come of it. I'd rather be invaded by America or Russia than fried!

7. As well as a minimum wage, impose a maximum wage. No one can earn more than 10 times the national average. If the boss wants a pay rise - we all have to get one 1st.

8. Nick Griffin and all BNP party members have to have their ancestory traced all the way back. If they can't prove their are british all the way back, they have to go!!

9. Anyone who applies to go on big Brother, X Factor or any reality TV show - has to be culled - there are too many people and we won't be losing a cure for cancer if we lost them

10. Ditto to any so called Celeb appearing on a tv reality show.

thats just for starters!!!!

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: sellickbhoy Member since: Jun 5, 2009
  4. WebServerHost

WebServerHost UKBF Newcomer Free Member

34 3
    I have no firm view either way on Scotland, we have been arguing this topic for centuries, but I would hope that at the end of the day it will be down to the people of the United Kingdom to have a vote not just Scotland, as I for one am proud to be British in whatever context that forms.

My only concerns are more to do with religion than race - it seems that the extremists of any religion are completely mad and they are the people that should be expelled from this country, born here or not! I am am not yet convinced that the wars we are fighting are helping or hindering.. it doen't seem that much different from the northern Ireland situation.. in 20 years time will we be 'talking' to the Taliban to obtain peace? Gerry Adams is the irish version of Bin Laden, no?

The tories just seem to have more common sence in these matters, it was John Major who started the talks in Ireland and Thatcher would not have let Iceland keep our loan..

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: WebServerHost Member since: Jul 12, 2007
  5. WebServerHost

34 3
    .. in fact bringing religion into it, I would rather the next leader be atheist.. just so we know he/she is of sound mind and judgement :)

6. yuzi87

yuzi87 UKBF Contributor Free Member

72 7
    Thank you for your well structured critisisim of my opinion

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: yuzi87 Member since: Jan 6, 2010
  7. yuzi87

72 7
    I agree no body should have to conform to a certain religion or be forced to live there life by it, i have no problem with religion except when it is forced upon you.

8. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    Not big on history are we.?:)

Be interested to know what makes you so proud.?

Earl

9. jane p

jane p UKBF Ace Free Member

1,579 86

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: jane p Member since: Nov 6, 2008
  10. WebServerHost

34 3
    Depends on what your jibe is refering to.. I'm not proud of our slavery past but am proud of our grandparents and their brothers around the world, from whatever background fighting for our right to be free... but in general, as a british citizen in the 21st century I am proud to be British..

11. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    So what is it that makes you proud that you were by chance born in the UK.?

Earl

12. WebServerHost

34 3
    How many examples will qualify your question?

13. KDMINX

KDMINX UKBF Newcomer Free Member

659 101
    Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: KDMINX Member since: Jan 6, 2010
  14. yuzi87

72 7
    What makes any person proud to be born in any country? part of it is you feel obliged to love your country as you were born there, but there are many reasons to be proud of britain.

1. I love our country sides on a summers day

2. I like to moan and we do it best

3. Even though its not true today we used to rule most of the world and im proud of that

4. We have the oldest aquarium in the world lol:D

There are many more reasons but most of them you dont realise until you go to another country and realise they have it a lot worse.

If the goverment gets much worse though im all for moving to Australia before this country is ruined

15. Esk247

Esk247 UKBF Legend Free Member

7,758 1,514
    with regard to the immigration sillyness thats floating around, it has not much to do with numbers as opposed to integration. please can we get away from the BNP idea of Muslims v Christians??? because it simply isn't true and is a massive media falsity << if thats even a word.

the next leader would ideally have no religious backgrounds, he can be highly qualified but would ideally have worked at some level in the corporate/retail sector (not for very long). he wouldn't do the sick inducing 'kiss a baby on the head' photo shoot. he would be resolute, determined and would not dither. he would begin breaking up the Quango society that has been created under labour over the last 13 years. he would divert funds to areas away from westminster, to create more powerful, publicly elected and supported councils. << oh and by HE i mean HE/SHE/ALIEN/DOG/MONKEY

Cameron' PR company should be fired for some of the antics they've pulled off over the last year or so, they've made him look a bigger prat than he is. although i still don't quite trust him.

did you know that in the 4 years we've had a Conservative MP i've seen him once..and that was because i attended one of his meetings, he doesnt send leaflets, he doesnt send information on himself or his party..oh wait...election coming up, i suddenly get a letter from him saying what an important voter i am <<< shove it mate!

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: Esk247 Member since: Oct 6, 2008
  16. sirearl

29,807 6,643
    proud
    Synonyms:

Earl

17. yuzi87

72 7
    Every power before us did the same from the romans to the persians, and if we had not then another country would of done the same

18. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
  19. yuzi87

72 7
    Nice edit..Wrong person? and why take my muslims have 10 kids seriously
    when i already stated the average family has 5 kids, stop taking words so literally

20. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    What are you quoting?

Steve

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.