General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Who to vote for at the general election

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Duke Fame, Jan 16, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. KDMINX

KDMINX UKBF Newcomer Free Member

659 101
    Scotland would now be worse off than Iceland had they been independent when the banking crisis struck.

Scotland is also massively subsidised by English taxes.

The main place where the SNP misses the point drastically is where they will make the Massive public service cuts AND Massive Tax rises needed if they gain true independence.

Just like every left-of-centre party the SNP is all about spending money...

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: KDMINX Member since: Jan 6, 2010
  2. Lorro2

Lorro2 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

183 31
    It doesn't matter who gets in the Wesminster election at it has ceased to have any relevance. Everything is now dictated from the EU parlement in Brussels.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: Lorro2 Member since: Dec 29, 2009
  3. yuzi87

yuzi87 UKBF Contributor Free Member

72 7
    *Start rant*

Britain needs to get some balls, i dont want to vote for some fat miserable **** nor do i want to vote for some camp toff ponce, i want someone who looks the part like they mean business, i want someone to take control, who isnt ruled by greed and lies, but blunt honesty and passion for the country!

Crime,
    The death sentance should be brought back, now don't give me all that "it's barbaric" or "the wrong person could be killed" with all the technology we have today this would not happen. Im not talking about killing some guy who acidently ran someone over, or for some women who has been raped and abused for years and finally decides she cant take no more and kills her partner.
    I'm talking about 100% proved guilty murderers who show no remorse, who out of greed, selfish desires have killed an innocent person/people.

Prisons are overcrowed, the goverment is releasing criminals now after a few months and cutting sentances short. kill all the life timers, save some money and gain some space!

Also the other positive affect is on the kids of today, when a young teen carrying a knife goes to stab someone first his brain thinks what will the consequences be? At the moment it's "ill gain respect from my homies ill go jail, play some playstation, work out, and then be released in a few years".
    What he should be thinking is "If i stab this person there is a chance that i will be caught and i will be sentanced to death".
    Now in my eyes that will stop at least 50% of would be murderers.

The police have way to much paperwork to do, and nobody fears them like they should, police today have to be careful incase they accidentlly bruise someone incase they get sued. Then we have PCO's going round on skateboards trying to look hip and hang with the kids!

PC
    Political correctness really gets on my tits, the people who come up with these ridiculous rules and regulations are a bunch of twats.
    When a burgular can break into an old ladys house slip and stab himself on a breadknife she had lying about and then sue her for damages and win then you know something is wrong!
    Or when a father smacks his kids bum for running into the road and nearly getting killed, then a policeman who witnessed the incident fines the father and bans him from seeing his kids for 3 months!

The goverment is up **** creek with debt yet it still finds the time to spend millions on adverts telling grown men/women how much wine they should drink a day.

Immigration
    i've spoke to a lot of people regarding who they will vote for at the elections, and the main answer im getting is "what's the point".

I feel imigration has got out of hand i have worked in big houses given to imigrants by the council and inside they are bare. They have little furniture, some only sleep on matresses in the same room, and all the money they earn they send of to their home country.

Now it's not their fault it's the goverments for letting so many in, i mean if you were offered a nice house in a country better than your own, where you could work and earn 10 times more than you could in your own country, i think many people would take the offer.

Lets look at one scenario

One day a Muslim MP will run for PM, then every muslim in this country will vote and since the average muslim couple has 5+ kids and an average british couple has 2-3 kids we will we outvoted.

Now don't get me wrong i have nothing against the Muslims, i have a few friends who are Muslim but i am also loyal to my country and i like our traditions. I don't want sharia law to run this country as it will be the end of england.

Already we are turning into a muslim state, in some parts of the uk you can't eat your lunch at work while other fellow muslim workers are on ramadan, in other parts children at school cannot sing christmas carols or have a christmas party incase it offends muslims.
    Some citys in england will be more than 50% muslim in the coming years.

So if there is a party out there who will address these issues of mine you get my vote.

*End Rant*

Last edited: Jan 20, 2010
    Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: yuzi87 Member since: Jan 6, 2010
  4. Big Pete

Big Pete Banned

1,950 415

Superb post i couldnt have put it better myself .. Correct on every point ..

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: Big Pete Member since: Oct 13, 2009
  5. KDMINX

659 101
    There is, it’s called the BNP you’ve regurgitated their manifesto.

I wouldn’t recommend you vote for them but you have highlighted exactly why so many “mainstream” voters are tempted to vote for an extreme party.

6. Big Pete

Big Pete Banned

1,950 415

Thats the ones :D

7. yuzi87

72 7
    I'm only 22 ive only been on this planet proberly half the time most users on this forum have, but in this time i have taken note of changes happening around me wich a few of them i have wrote in my post.

Regarding the bnp over the time i have had political debates with many people including some lords, i looked into the bnp and yes i was suprised to see many of their views were the same as mine.

Then when bbc question time had nick griffin on i watched to assess this so called leader, only to find he is a pussy and does not seem trustworthy.
    I mean the main problem people have with the bnp is racism and how they believe the bnp will kick all imigrants out of england.
    Nick griffin said in other articles that any working imigrant in britain would not be kicked out and he was just talking about the scroungers who are feeding of the country and giving nothing back.

Yet at question time he was attacked many times on that point yet all he could do was nervously laugh the attack of! He was being watched by millions of ****en viewers he had his biggest chance to maybe shake some of the racist reputation of his party yet he failed miserabley.

I would not call any of my views extreme because at one point thats how the country was run. You could walk past a politically correct persons house and fart while eating a half fat chocloate bar and be classed as extreme

8. adventurelife

adventurelife UKBF Ace Full Member

2,040 620
    Please quote the treasury figures where it demonstrates that Scotland is massively subsidised by English Taxes?

Like any country on earth Scotland if stand alone would have to live within its means.

Also their is an assumption that the SNP would govern Scotland after independence. That may be the case for some of the time but not all of the time. One the attractions of independence for me is the opportunity to reshape politics which is a lot easier in a country of less than 5 million than in one of 65 million

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: adventurelife Member since: Dec 2, 2007
  9. KM-Tiger

KM-Tiger UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

9,985 2,667
    LOL! Careful doing stuff like that. You could be:

Arrested as a terrorist and locked up for 42 days, because some official says so.

Tried for that crime without a jury.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: KM-Tiger Member since: Aug 10, 2003
  10. adventurelife

2,040 620
    What a lot of complete and utter rubbish. How many muslim's are in this country? Go and find out and then do the number crunching to get to the situation that you are say will happen.

11. Big Pete

Big Pete Banned

1,950 415
    It will happen its just a matter of time .. they are breeding there way in ..

:rolleyes:

12. Dawg

Dawg UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10,900 3,466
    You forgot:

Not being told what you were charged with, so if you are allowed a lawyer he/she doesn't know how to defend you,

Having your assets sequestered, (Proceeds of Crime legislation), so you can't pay your lawyer anyway,

Being subject to house arrest without charge or trial, let alone appeal. (At least your lawyer knows where to send payment reminders...)

To misquote Dylan Thomas:

Do not go gentle into that good night,
    We should burn and rave at election day;
    Rage, rage against the dying of your rights.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: Dawg Member since: Feb 12, 2006
  13. KDMINX

659 101
    Come on, you’re even debating this!

I Googled “Scotland Tax Deficit” and the first thing that came up was this:

http://www.guardian.co.uk/politics/2007/feb/08/scotland.britishidentity1

“Scotland may only account for 8.5% of the British population but it accounts for 9.7% of all spending”

“Public spending is currently more than 50% of GDP and tax revenues about 40%, with the balance made up by other UK taxpayers.”

There are hundreds of articles written in every mainstream newspaper that say the same thing. Scottish people are on to a very good thing at the moment at our (English) expense!

14. adventurelife

2,040 620
    Newspapers:eek: Great source of accurate information. Treasury published figures show a different story. If you add the oil and gas revenue Scotland will be fine. Have a look at Norway a country I used to live in. They made the smart move of investing their oil wealth creating a huge fund for the future. The UK decided to spend ours.

Anyway if Scotland is such a drain on the UK I thought everyone would be happy for us to go our own way for good or bad.

The google god throws up some interesting figures if you search Scotland GDP surplus;)

At the end of the day it comes down to what the people want, I suspect I will not see Scotland become independent in my life time but looking at the trends of voters in Northern Ireland and the trends of young voters I suspect it will be in the future.

15. sirearl

sirearl UKBF Legend Free Member

29,807 6,645
    Interesting that one forgot This little Scottish export .:)

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/scotland/8083640.stm

Earl

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: sirearl Member since: Apr 23, 2007
  16. yuzi87

72 7
    It's not how many there are its that they are a unit and they work together and a lot of them are richer than all of us. In 8 years they have gained a million and that million will have kids and so on.

Have a walk through leicester or birmingham some day,
    the problem is the fact that a lot of people in england dont vote because they don't see the point they feel they make no difference they have nothing to believe in. And them votes count especially when your against a Muslim MP.

Take america for example most black people never bothered voting for the likes of cinton bush etc yet when obama goes up pretty much every black american votes for him and he won and that was even with all the redneck racist states voting against.

17. KDMINX

659 101
    Did you read it? The article I pointed to:

“Ah, say the supporters of independence, you've forgotten North Sea oil - Scotland would be OK if it had all of that. Would it? In 2004-05, North Sea oil revenues amounted to £5.2bn, which would roughly halve the Scottish deficit”

I’m not against England financially supporting Scotland. I just get annoyed when stupid Scottish people think they can stand on their own 2 feet and think that the little remaining oil will somehow fix everything.

18. adventurelife

2,040 620
    It scare me that people actually think this way:eek:

19. WebServerHost

WebServerHost UKBF Newcomer Free Member

34 3
    I'm not sure Treasury quoted figures should be used either! I certainly don't trust any figure produced by the government on any topic.

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: WebServerHost Member since: Jul 12, 2007
  20. directmarketingadvice

directmarketingadvice UKBF Legend Free Member

10,942 3,530
    Wish to publish your financial analysis for this?

Even the most lop-sided figures have the Scots subsidised to the tune of £1,500 a head. That would mean the average English person is paying £150 a year extra. Or, to put it another way, £3 a week.

Now, assign spending properly (and that means assigning money spent in London to London, rather than pretending it's "non-geographic") and that figure shrinks.

Can't remember how much, but let's say it's down to around a quid a week.

So, by getting rid of Scotland, you can save yourself 14p a day.

Maybe...

...This assumes that the rights to the N Sea oil goes to England.

If you lose most of the oil - which seems logical - you may be gaining a few pence a day through losing Scotland. Or you may be losing money.

Who knows?

Yes, you're "massively subsidising" us... we're very grateful... where would we be without you. :D

Steve

Posted: Jan 20, 2010 By: directmarketingadvice Member since: Aug 2, 2005
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.