Who is correct for VAT Google or Bing?

UKSBD

• Business Listing
    My UK based business is not VAT registered

Google ads are operating and invoicing from Ireland

Bing ads are operating and invoicing from Ireland

Both know I am operating as a business.

Google send invoice with zero Vat (reverse charge, even though I am not VAT registered)

Bing say "you will see the VAT rate in the subtotal section and the charge to your account." (not received an invoice from them yet)

Both providing the same service - Which is correct?

paulears

Free Member
    Jan 7, 2015
    Suffolk - UK
    Well, they both are? The price you pay them is either inclusive of VAT, that you cannot extract, so it's lost, or they don't charge any. I guess you are thinking that maybe what you think you owe them, will be hoiked up by 20% by Bing? If they charge you VAT or don't is immaterial as long as the total is what you expected.

Upvote 0

UKSBD

• Business Listing
    Well, they both are? The price you pay them is either inclusive of VAT, that you cannot extract, so it's lost, or they don't charge any. I guess you are thinking that maybe what you think you owe them, will be hoiked up by 20% by Bing? If they charge you VAT or don't is immaterial as long as the total is what you expected.

I have no idea

If Google charge a £1 a click I pay £1

If Bing charge £1 a click I don't know if I will pay £1 or £1.20

Anyone have any idea?

Upvote 0

Subscribe to our newsletters

ukbf logo
    ukbf logo

Real community whatever your business.

About us

• Our community has been around for many years and pride ourselves on offering unbiased, critical discussion among people of all different backgrounds. We are working every day to make sure our community is one of the best.

Quick Navigation

User Menu