Which Platform for Website

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by preciousbags, Apr 29, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jacky Nikson

Jacky Nikson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 0
    What was wrong with Magento? Tell please more about your experience with Magento

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 By: Jacky Nikson Member since: May 28, 2019
  2. Jacky Nikson

Jacky Nikson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

14 0
    You should understand that using Shopify, you cannot add more functionality than Shopify allows, no design or front-end customizations. It means that your website will look more or less the same as other Shopify store.
    Plus, if you need a lot of plugins/apps or third-party providers, bear in mind that the website will require optimization for every piece of the website working properly.

If it's okay for you, let it be. So, you can try to create the Shopify website on your own or create and then hire a professional development team, who will quickly fill it with apps, customize it as much as possible, and make it work fast.

Think also of WooCommerce. WooCommerce is a plugin for WordPress. It contains pre-installed payment gateways, data control, a multifunctional shopping cart, and the ability to set up extensions for any purpose you may have. WooC. has millions of users. This e-commerce solution stands somewhere between Shopify and Magento: it's simpler than Magento, more easy-to-use, allows more customizations than Shopify but less than Magento. It has a lot of plugins to install and extend your website's functionality. Plus, you don't need to close your existing website, just install WooCommerce plugin. After that, you can set all configurations and plugins on your own or hire a development team who will make everything for you.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 By: Jacky Nikson Member since: May 28, 2019
  3. big bad bruce

big bad bruce UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 2
    After a recent experience with big commerce I have stumbled across duda it uses ecwid integration for store elements even with bc destroying all data I have rebuilt in a matter of days yes a lot of work is still needed but at least I could rip the landing pages from search console and get some form of relevant content at the end of a 301 redirect but duda has really impressed me control of elements is good ability to see html elements to check meta tags schema tags etc not a massive apps catalogue but a html widget can be placed on page for easy insertion and placement of third party integrations I simply do not trust big box self build systems anymore in my eyes at least they only want to sell you more via third party apps for instance schema data as standard on bc there is little issues in the tags and always tends to be a single element of a set however they do sell an app that sorts it with duda straight off all structured data is present in search console no highlighter tool just done straightaway
    I'm not endorsing or performing any affiliate activities just giving you my observations

Posted: Jul 17, 2019 By: big bad bruce Member since: Jul 30, 2018
  4. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,594 614
    WooCommerce is extremely popular and offers an abundance of different themes/plugins and a large community base to support it. If you can work with WordPress this should be a good option for your requirements.

Happy to put forward some developer contacts if you are keen to speak with anyone and get a quote (drop me a PM).

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009
  5. AndrewJhnsn333

AndrewJhnsn333 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 1
    Hi! If you tried Shopify and Magento and was not happy with either, why don't you try PrestaShop? This is a solid basic solution with enough features to run an online store and even sell globally. Also, it is free and open-source, so it will require more knowledge and skill investments instead of money investments.

Posted: Aug 1, 2019 By: AndrewJhnsn333 Member since: Apr 22, 2019
  6. Elle Rish

Elle Rish UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 1
    I guess Shopify is ideal for all types, you just need to be knowledgeable enough to work it out.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 By: Elle Rish Member since: Aug 2, 2019
  7. antropy

antropy OpenCart Experts Full Member - Verified Business

3,464 589
    You cannot customise Shopify as a lot of features are locked down so I wouldn't say it is ideal for all types. Alex

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 By: antropy Member since: Aug 2, 2010
  8. gpietersz

gpietersz UKBF Regular Full Member

484 94
    It depends what you want.

Almost all the web stuff I do uses Django. That is because most of my clients want custom functionality (not just a custom design, but what it actually does). It takes more work initially, but tends to be more productive to run (because its tuned to your products and the admin is customisable to suit you) and very flexible.

In defence of Shopify it has REST API and you can create your own templates so its pretty flexible as platforms go.

Posted: Sep 12, 2019 By: gpietersz Member since: Sep 10, 2019
  9. crackerjackcommerce

crackerjackcommerce UKBF Contributor Free Member

81 6
    Posted: Sep 16, 2019 By: crackerjackcommerce Member since: Aug 1, 2019
  10. NathanGrieve

NathanGrieve UKBF Contributor Free Member

31 5
    You can get really good customisation with webflow.

Shopify is frustrating because it doesnt let you modify the checkout very much unless you're on their pro plan which is about £2k! and you have to commit for a whole year when i last checked

Posted: Sep 17, 2019 By: NathanGrieve Member since: Sep 17, 2019
  11. Shelly Cartwright

Shelly Cartwright UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 1
    If you're selling personalized clothing, you should do research and find the right platform that is designed specifically for that product type. It seems you sell POD products, so I recommend you to take a look at ShopBase. This platform is meant for white label, dropshipping, and print on demand business. Hope this helps.

Posted: Sep 19, 2019 By: Shelly Cartwright Member since: Sep 19, 2019
  12. David-Max

David-Max UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    I would recommend using WooCommerce or Shopify. Shopify powers over 600,000 businesses, while WooCommerce claims to be the web's most popular ecommerce platform. Shopify is suitable for the beginners, and WooCommerce is more flexible and less limited. Your decision is based on the condition and direction of your business.

Posted: Nov 15, 2019 By: David-Max Member since: Oct 16, 2019
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.