Which parcel delivery service

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by kulture, Oct 9, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Happy Dayz 4U

Happy Dayz 4U UKBF Newcomer Free Member

26 0
    DHL are the ones for us!

Kind Regards.

Happy Dayz 4U:)

Posted: Feb 10, 2010 By: Happy Dayz 4U Member since: Feb 10, 2010
  2. APC RoadLink

APC RoadLink UKBF Regular Full Member

180 22

I think you will find they are not part of Fedex as ANC was taken over by Fedex.

Posted: Mar 8, 2010 By: APC RoadLink Member since: Feb 4, 2010
  3. Claude & Celeste

Claude & Celeste UKBF Newcomer Free Member

90 6
    Hi I sometimes use a company called My hermes they are good and very cheap, if you go to martin Lewis website he has a section for courrier which is very good

Posted: Mar 9, 2010 By: Claude & Celeste Member since: Mar 9, 2010
  4. cartoonstudio

cartoonstudio UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I've always used the same one for years. Never really had any success with others. Cost is not really an issue, I just needed a reliable and local company.

We used Panic Parcels based in London. Website panicparcels.co.uk

Hope that helps,

Posted: May 16, 2010 By: cartoonstudio Member since: May 16, 2010
  5. inventive

inventive UKBF Contributor Full Member

58 8
    I've used http://www.interparcel.com/ for the last 3 years or so ,

They have major accounts with DHL , Citylink UPS etc and they provide huge discounts off their normal selling rates.

Plus you can pay via Paypal

Posted: May 17, 2010 By: inventive Member since: Nov 28, 2009
  6. Tommy7

Tommy7 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

47 2
    Try Parceleasy.co.uk/quote for a no obligation quote.

Posted: May 25, 2010 By: Tommy7 Member since: Apr 1, 2010
  7. Barnie

Barnie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

672 114
    we use interparcel for the last few years and never been let down

the main gripe i have is the cost of insurance, any way to reduce costs on this or take out annaul cover

Posted: May 25, 2010 By: Barnie Member since: Aug 7, 2008
  8. downsouth

downsouth UKBF Ace Free Member

1,066 122
    Interparcel for me also, but one annoying thing I do find is the cost does fluctuate on the same delivery type periodically,

Posted: May 25, 2010 By: downsouth Member since: May 16, 2008
  9. digitalspree

digitalspree UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    Barnie, You mentioned an annual cover to reduce insurance costs. Which companies offer insurance on loss or damage when items are being shipped?

Thanks

Posted: May 25, 2010 By: digitalspree Member since: Jun 17, 2006
  10. Barnie

Barnie UKBF Newcomer Free Member

672 114
    most do :|

most of our parcels are £200 plus which is the problem

Posted: May 25, 2010 By: Barnie Member since: Aug 7, 2008
  11. webworx

webworx UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 1
    Always found Interlink Express reliable.

Posted: May 26, 2010 By: webworx Member since: May 25, 2010
  12. omnivore

omnivore UKBF Newcomer Full Member

449 84
    we send shoe shoes by royal mail using depatch express
    we have sent over 5000 items in last 18 months to both uk and international addresses

as far as we can see they can't be beaten for value

in over 5000 despatches less than 10 have gone missing

99% get there uk 1-3 days

99% internationla get there 5-7 days

they pick up from us everyday

Posted: May 26, 2010 By: omnivore Member since: Feb 21, 2009
  13. caley

caley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 0
    i just use EMS and DHL for the last three years. DHL is faster than EMS for international business.

Posted: May 27, 2010 By: caley Member since: May 18, 2010
  14. tdl

tdl UKBF Newcomer Free Member

74 6
    Think this is still in the right topic so sorry for not starting a new thread.

In terms of parcels to residential addresses who is best for bulky goods.

Product dimensions and weights are pretty regular sizes needed to ship and there are always 2-3 boxes per consignment.

Box 1 196*86*15cm 32Kgs Box 2 196*44*15cm 15Kgs Box 3 196*15*15cm 10Kgs

Total weight approx 57kgs.

Let me know if anyone can recommend someone obviously at an affordable price.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 By: tdl Member since: May 18, 2009
  15. KidsBeeHappy

KidsBeeHappy UKBF Newcomer Full Member

7,357 1,582

These are freight parcel shipments rather than standard, so it's going to depend on the volume you're shipping. If you're sending a couple a week, then you're not really going to get "cheap".

If you're after a network solution (all UK, 24hr delivery etc) and you have volume, then I would suggest either that you go to a company like TNT, Parcelline, HDN, DPD.

If you're not into huge volumes then you may be better off with an independent courier solution (man & van type thing) as a part load. However, you'll need to have more flexibility about delivery timescales because it's unlikley that they'd be able to deliver to potentially "everywhere" in the UK on a next day delivery.

Or, find a 3pl logistics company that can resell you freight parcel services.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 By: KidsBeeHappy Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  16. tdl

tdl UKBF Newcomer Free Member

74 6
    Thanks Boxby, I say "cheap" but I mean reasonable. Dpd and HDN don't like the bulky freight along with Parcelforce, Dpd and Fed Ex.

Citylink and TNT are ok when the volumes massive although I would love Tuffnells to do it but there cost is high and they don't like residential. Best was Nightfreight but again they are dear at £8.10 10Kgs and 31p back kilo. And there failed delivery charge is £10.00p.

I would like to pay around £5 per parcel as they will be getting £15.00 per stop then and I don't have to give away a large slice of tghe profit.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 By: tdl Member since: May 18, 2009
  17. KidsBeeHappy

7,357 1,582
    You're simply not going to get £5 per parcel when they're over 1m-1.5m long. That's the element that's driving the cost, not the weight.

18. APC RoadLink

APC RoadLink UKBF Regular Full Member

180 22
    £5.00 per parcel is unrealistic for this weight of parcels. 25kg is the health and safety recommended maximum for a one person lift. How much profit do you think the carrier makes? Nowhere near the % that you make and with the most important part your chain you want to be stingy. Just do some research find the best delivery service for your customers and pay for the service.

Posted: Jun 9, 2010 By: APC RoadLink Member since: Feb 4, 2010
  19. KidsBeeHappy

7,357 1,582
    Ditto all of that.

Think also about the TOTAL cost of delivery, not just the amount you pay to send the parcel. For example, if you send on 3-5 day service does it make your customers substantially less likely to re-order? What are the costs of dealing with non collections/non deliveries from networks that perhaps have more parcels on their vans than can reasonably get delivered in one day. What is the cost on your business when your customers have to drive 35 miles to the depot to collect the parcel because there is only one delivery attempt in the £5 price. What about the £2/kg overweight delivery? What about the £10 surcharge for certain items, £7 surcharge for congestion zones etc.

To get a rock bottom price of £5 per parcel you need to be sending HUGE volumes. If not, then the only way that the carriers can offer it is by shaving service, or surcharging AKA ryanair. Eitherway, those costs tend to come back and bite you on the ass.

20. th123

th123 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

11 1
    I do like these new couriers, who are predominantly web based and offer simple courier services simply by going online and entering information into a few fields.

One I have used before is Fast Lane International. I found the arrangement online really straight forward. They collect it and it's sorted. Great for me anyway.

They also offer an International courier service which seem handy.

I recommend.

Their website is wedelivertheworld

Posted: Jun 17, 2010 By: th123 Member since: Jun 17, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.