Where would I get affordable contracts for web development services?

Discussion in 'Legal' started by Dynumo, Oct 31, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Dynumo

Dynumo UKBF Regular Free Member

119 14
    Hi,

I've been reviewing my companies legal policy after being walked over a few too many times by people who don't seem to have had the intention to pay in the first place (problem with being a small company is large companies think they can take advantage without recourse).

I've found a good looking debt collection company (who can do everything from send letters, start court proceedings and enforce court decisions), but I now want to ensure that I have strong contracts in place as well. Where would be the best place to get good contracts at an affordable price?

Also, would it be better to wait one week or two after a client hasn't paid an invoice on time to start the recovery process (assuming they haven't got in touch with a good reason)?

Thanks,

Adam.

Posted: Oct 31, 2015 By: Dynumo Member since: Jan 18, 2009
  2. thelegalstop

thelegalstop UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

908 141
    Hi Adam,

I can see that your post was unanswered by some time. Although I can't actually advertise my services, I'm very confident I can help you. I could draft all the legal documents you need to get you covered. Additionally, I can produce a 100% legally-binding agreement for you to present to your future contractors, in order to secure your interests.

In terms of how long you should wait - it really depends on how you frame your invoice. If it's "due on receipt", then you should normally get in touch with the company after a week or so to ask when they will be paying the invoice... rushing into debt recovery is not entirely illegal, but sometimes common courtesy can work magic.

Let me know if you still need help with your documents!

Posted: Dec 8, 2015 By: thelegalstop Member since: Mar 31, 2012
  3. The Resolver

The Resolver UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,039 998
    I have drawn up many web development contracts over the years and have a number of templates to adapt for you. PM me for further details. All of the templates I have seen on the web have totally inadequate dispute resolution provision - usually at best an agreement to seek mediation. Mine have detailed processes you both commit to follow to narrow the issues and help you reach a resolution without the need for recourse to the courts. Importantly mine also cover the growing problem of customers using social media and consumer review websites to damage the contractor's reputation unfairly and often in conflict with a resolution that has been reached.

Posted: Dec 9, 2015 By: The Resolver Member since: Mar 31, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.