Where shall we have our first N/E meet?

Discussion in 'North East' started by da8iwr, May 23, 2008.

?

Where shall our meet be?

Poll closed Jun 22, 2008.
  1. Newcastle

70.6%
  2. Sunderland

5.9%
  3. Durham

17.6%
  4. Teesside

17.6%
  5. Darlington

11.8%
Multiple votes are allowed.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ratso

ratso UKBF Newcomer Free Member

73 5
    I think your right Mike have a main meeting one location every month then perhaps two alternates.

We have a great range of venues throughout the NE and even some of the business centres make for good venues as you can atract in speakers and they have all the gear to make presentations go well.

The sooner the better is what I say, and please Breakfast and lunch times are no good for me as Im working. We always forget the travelling time

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 By: ratso Member since: Jun 22, 2008
  2. MikeBzr

MikeBzr UKBF Newcomer Free Member

144 19
    Evening is better for me too - although I would be available during the day, breakfast/lunch meetings have a habit of throwing your whole schedule out of whack.

On the subject of speakers - is this something thats being considered? My main concern would be that I think this sort of thing tends to involve some sort of fee - although I have no real knowledge in this area so don't know how true that is.

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 By: MikeBzr Member since: Jun 16, 2008
  3. ratso

ratso UKBF Newcomer Free Member

73 5
    Look forward to meeting you soon then Mike

Posted: Jun 24, 2008 By: ratso Member since: Jun 22, 2008
  4. Scott-Copywriter

Scott-Copywriter UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

9,761 2,681
    I think for now we're sticking to a basic evening for our first meet-up; drinks then food at one or two venues in Newcastle where we can just relax and have a chat.

I know Ian is sorting out the site now for a more official networking group so we'll most certainly look into speakers and so-forth for later events.

Posted: Jun 25, 2008 By: Scott-Copywriter Member since: May 10, 2006
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.