General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Where Do We Stand? Company Didn't Tell Us About Fees

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by snowboo, Sep 14, 2020 at 11:19 AM.

1. snowboo

snowboo UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 4
    Hi!
    We went are using our card processor for online payments through our website. We didn't have this option before and it was arranged just after Xmas. We then started getting bills through from them for 10p per transaction that goes directly to them. However they didn't tell us about this fee. We were just told about the fees to have the option available on the website, the monthy fees. I messaged them and asked why we were getting bills for 10p per 'click' as we weren't told about it.
    The guy admitted he hadn't told us about it in an email.
    Quote ' As the clicks are an auxiliary charge to the Ecommerce I didn’t mention the 10p click but did build it into the savings on your quote.'
    How can they not tell us about a significant charge that we are paying an extra £70+ per month for?! They can't just 'assume' we know about it! Do we have any come back with cancelling our contract with them? They have signed us up for 4 years! I have been trying to find the contract the owner signed, but they sent it on an email and the link to the contact timed out after 24 hours so I can't get a copy. The owner is looking for the copy I printed out for him.
    I just think they should have told us about this fee upfront!

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 11:19 AM By: snowboo Member since: Jan 25, 2011
  2. MBE2017

MBE2017 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,937 699
    Your provider should be able to provide a copy of your signed agreement, which I suggest you talk to a solicitor about.

Why sign for four years? Seriously?

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 11:23 AM By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  3. snowboo

snowboo UKBF Contributor Free Member

39 4
    We didn't want 4 years, they told us that that was the only terms. Even though I'm sure on the paper work somewhere it said 12 months with the actual provider.

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 11:25 AM By: snowboo Member since: Jan 25, 2011
  4. Alison Moore

Alison Moore UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

535 94
    Card Processors are notoriously bad at not highlighting all the fees - however all the fees are usually in the contract and as it's a B2B contract, whoever signed will have been expected to read it through thoroughly and understand before signing. They should be able to provide you with a copy of the contract though..

Posted: Sep 14, 2020 at 11:33 AM By: Alison Moore Member since: Aug 4, 2016