General Business Forum Brought to you by Total Gas & Power

WhatsApp for Business

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by redigo., Oct 13, 2018.

1. redigo.

redigo. UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    I am being encouraged almost on a weekly basis at a networking event and from a couple of my clients to introduce WhatsApp in my business - I am yet to be convinced whether it is worth it

Obviously the quickness of responding to questions, sharing files and video's etc would be the big advantage.

Has anyone introduced this in their business, and has it benefited you in your sales/customer service ?

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: redigo. Member since: Sep 25, 2018
  2. tony84

tony84 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,281 895
    I have whatsapp on my phone and computer.
    I do not start conversations with customers on whatsapp, but if they use it I use it. It is quite handy for sending documents and surprisingly is more secure than email as it is encrypted end to end. I am not sure where it fits in with GDPR however and storing data on EU servers. But as I do not send document (only receive them) over whatsapp, I do not need to worry.

If you can have it, why not? If customers want to use it, it just makes you a little easier to deal with for them.

I wouldnt say a lot of our customers use it, nor would I say it is a deal breaker to customers. So I dont think it is as important as other people seem to be making out to you.

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: tony84 Member since: Apr 14, 2008
  3. HouseSnagging.com

HouseSnagging.com UKBF Contributor Full Member

32 3
    When PayPal first started I felt having on a website made it look less professional with the PayPal button, but know it’s common place and in a lot of cases the easiest way to pay, so perhaps in a few years whatsapp will be one of the most common forms of support / interaction

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: HouseSnagging.com Member since: Sep 27, 2018
  4. menetworkjadaltd

menetworkjadaltd UKBF Regular Free Member

365 52
    Just dont send naughty pics

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: menetworkjadaltd Member since: Dec 14, 2011
  5. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

452 73
    Been using it since it was released - it depends on your business and the areas you serve.

I've noticed its used solely by potential clients who are enquiring and are based overseas.

Posted: Oct 13, 2018 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  6. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,447 1,100
    Im not sure why you even bother .:eek::)

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  7. JEREMY HAWKE

3,447 1,100
    You mean the bloke in Ghana that asks you to send it via DHL and will pay cash when it is delivered :)

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  8. apricot

apricot UKBF Regular Free Member

291 23
    I use whats app to contact my suppliers and video conference if necessary . When the supplier needs to contact me for any color changes on the product or size etc, they instantly contact me via whatsapp.

I had to use several times for overseas customers as well. I don't speak Germany and I can write using Google translate so I answered questions on whats app using Google Translate. I don't see any issue why it would be unprofessional as long as you solve the problems!

I quite like the 'search' feature and 'starred messages' featured on whatsapp too. I can easily go back important chats whenever I needed.

It is free, instant sharing, secure, available both on phone and desktop and I don't see any reason why one would not use it?

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 By: apricot Member since: Apr 7, 2012
  9. Ashley_Price

Ashley_Price UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

7,023 1,291
    Go with what your customers or prospects want. Why restrict the ways a potential customer could contact you through?

For example, when I had the call answering service, one of our clients would contact us through Twitter DM to let us know her movements that day, so we knew how to answer her calls. Before we had been hired by her, I didn't have a Twitter account. We also got another client through a conversation on Twitter.

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 By: Ashley_Price Member since: Feb 9, 2008
  10. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

452 73
    Although that might be the norm in your industry, WhatsApp can be used within blog posts and content as a call to action to get in touch and a lot of leads from USA, Dubia etc. have been coming thru from LinkedIn content.

When I gave the garden a spruce up I had a ton of rubbish I needed to get rid of, the first 2 companies I found had a website with a contact form only - the 3rd one had a WhatsApp call to action, and I just had to snap a picture of the rubbish.

Got a quote back in 2 mins saying he is just down the road and will be over to collect, deal done.

I know a lot of companies who have been using the personal version of WhatsApp for years by simply creating a group and adding employees, its nothing new really.

Posted: Oct 14, 2018 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  11. JEREMY HAWKE

3,447 1,100
    If they don't have access to a phone an email they probably don't have the funds to pay us

Posted: Oct 15, 2018 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  12. Haunted Worlds

Haunted Worlds UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,505 1,222
    We use it for customers to send images of their locks, safes, keys etc. so that we can see exactly what we're coming up against before they even get here or before we get to them.

Quite a useful tool for specific trades... I wouldn't say it was useful to all businesses though...

Posted: Oct 16, 2018 By: Haunted Worlds Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  13. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,985 1,656
    The title says WhatsApp FOR Business

you then say

Are we talking about using the "WhatsApp Business App" and creating a business profile or using a personal WhatsApp in a business.

Just seeking clarity as it isn't something I have thought about and when researching seems there are different approaches.

Posted: Oct 16, 2018 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  14. Phil Elvin

Phil Elvin UKBF Contributor Full Member

33 4
    We've just started using the Whats App Business App and it's a nice additional tool to communicate and send images to customers very quickly.

Haven't worked out if there are any marketing opportunities on it yet but it's certainly proved handy on a couple of occasions for us so far.

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 9:17 AM By: Phil Elvin Member since: Jun 2, 2016
  15. consultant

consultant I Can Help Your Business Staff Member

5,309 739
    Your clients are asking to contact you by a free method - why wouldn't you do it?

Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 1:19 PM By: consultant Member since: Jan 21, 2008
  16. Wood Flooring Guy

Wood Flooring Guy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 4
    i use it in my personal life and also we use it for work, it saves having to pick up a phone or attached something to an email..... i would have to say, yes....its very useful..... you can bang of a quick text message or even a voice message/recording.

Give it a try, i think any business will be surprised at how handy it is.

Note* we dont use it for customers or sales in any way, i think that needs to be more formal.

Last edited: Oct 17, 2018 at 2:09 PM
    Posted: Oct 17, 2018 at 1:49 PM By: Wood Flooring Guy Member since: Jun 21, 2017