What's your local bakery charging you?

Discussion in 'North West' started by CupcakeCorner, Apr 18, 2014.

1. CupcakeCorner

CupcakeCorner UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 1
    Hi everyone -

I'm wondering what people in the North West (more specifically Liverpool to Preston area and in between too, if possible) are paying for cupcakes? I'm trying to price up my products and need to get a good price guide of my regional prices. I don't want to be undercutting competitors, but also don't want to overprice and loose out on sales.

Also - If you have a cupcake/bakery business in the North West - PM me so we can talk tips :)

Posted: Apr 18, 2014 By: CupcakeCorner Member since: Apr 18, 2014
  2. hcscheshire

hcscheshire UKBF Newcomer Free Member

58 3
    if you add my facebook page on my website I have quite a few cake makers I can put you in touch with

Posted: Sep 10, 2014 By: hcscheshire Member since: Sep 10, 2014
  3. Tier1Logistics

Tier1Logistics UKBF Regular Free Member

239 43
    There is a little shop in Liverpool that makes them fresh and charges around 45p for a cupcake or they do a deal £1.40 for a tea and a cupcake.

Posted: Sep 11, 2015 By: Tier1Logistics Member since: Jul 29, 2015
  4. rizbit

rizbit UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 0
    ive seen nice ones for £3 per cake, but i know i can buy 4 cupcakes for about £1 in supermarket so for £3 the have to be good. but yes its not the same thing. but its what most people might think of when buying. it also depends on the target market and your business...Costa could charge £4 for a chocolate cupcake and people would buy it.

Posted: Apr 18, 2017 By: rizbit Member since: Mar 13, 2017
  5. WHGB Tom

WHGB Tom UKBF Contributor Full Member

68 6
    In Southport (between the Liverpool and Preston) its around £1.50 to £5. Obviously the higher end price wise are much bigger usually very decorative. They do seem very popular still though.

Posted: Apr 30, 2017 By: WHGB Tom Member since: Jan 17, 2017
  6. TotalWebSolutions

TotalWebSolutions UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

2,382 588
    Cupcakes are a treat, a luxury and something you might splash out on occasionally. As such, I would probably be prepared to splash out say £1-£2 per cake if they were yummy scrummy :D

FYI - a cupcake shop in Heaton Moor called Cake That didn't last very long despite the shop being very professional and the quality of the cakes being of a high standard. Pricing seemed reasonable and it was in an area of wealth without many other similar businesses nearby so I'm not sure why it closed so quickly.

Posted: May 25, 2017 By: TotalWebSolutions Member since: Sep 29, 2009