Whats the best way to market locally?

Discussion in 'North East' started by euphoria, Apr 27, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. euphoria

euphoria UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hi

Im director of an online boutique for ladies fashion and bridal accessories (quite new). Its been a huge learning curve, but doing well. Within the north east we take this boutique into ladies homes for an evening with their friends (pop up boutique which operates like party plan with incentives). I need to increase my customer base and get more bookings for my reps. Has anyone got any good advice for effective marketing and where is good to advertise?

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 By: euphoria Member since: Apr 27, 2010
  2. Geoff T

Geoff T UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,599 1,262
    the obvious ones...

lady - orientated meeting places...

but...

also...

look into some networking events in your area - regular ones...

(Almost) All good business and successful businessmen have good and capable women behind them that either helped (or made) them the success they are...

Try using networking to get into the "Network behind the Network" as it were - IMO

HTH

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 By: Geoff T Member since: Apr 30, 2009
  3. Piqueperfumes

Piqueperfumes UKBF Newcomer Free Member

125 25
    What about targeting businesses which employ large numbers of women such as local council. Employers are often keen to builkd up the social side of work and depending upon how long it takes may allow it to happen during the lunch hour or provide premises after work.

Posted: Apr 27, 2010 By: Piqueperfumes Member since: Apr 26, 2010
  4. gibby

gibby UKBF Ace Free Member

1,246 120
    wedding fairs are a must & a great way to get to the public

lots of em going on in the NE.

You can also look at other businesses who work in the wedding sector & swap leads & info.

G

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 By: gibby Member since: Sep 11, 2007
  5. KidsBeeHappy

KidsBeeHappy UKBF Newcomer Full Member

7,357 1,582
    You need to find the local mafia. In every town there is a group of influential people, and by that I don't mean business people, the mayor etc, but just ordinary people whose recommendation is like gold. People that just know everyone and everything in the town, and who people will seek advice/recommendations from.

Your reps need to find these people.

If your products was aimed at an older audience (ie mother of the bride) then i'd say the local church, or bowling club etc. If your product is aimed at younger women, then i'd suggest looking for this group probably in the local nursery/PTA etc.

Posted: Apr 30, 2010 By: KidsBeeHappy Member since: Oct 9, 2007
  6. Blush

Blush UKBF Newcomer Full Member

1,135 78
    I agree with Boxby. You will find different circles of friends have different likes and dislikes, ie my circle avoid these things like the plague, sorry!
    I cringe when I get an invite to a 'party selling stuff' but likewise I know some people love it as its the only time they ever get out! You really need to network, advertise for reps perhaps? Especially if they have done party plan for other companies before as they usually have a ready made contact list!

Posted: May 5, 2010 By: Blush Member since: Mar 22, 2007
  7. Billmccallum

Billmccallum UKBF Newcomer Full Member

4,175 1,076
    I would have thought that having "reps" on board would mean that they would get out and about and find the bsuiness for you... the whole point about the "party plan" model is that from 10-20 people who attend a party, you get at least one new booking.

If the reps are not getting new bookings then they need to get out and drum up some new business themselves, thats a reps job..isn't it?

Last edited: May 5, 2010
    Posted: May 5, 2010 By: Billmccallum Member since: Apr 20, 2010
  8. durhamwebsites

durhamwebsites UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    you could try durhamwebsites dot co dot uk you get a full man made webpage which can link back to your website, its really cheap, £25 for 10 YEARS !!! and best of all it works a treat.

Posted: Jul 22, 2010 By: durhamwebsites Member since: Jan 4, 2009
  9. More Sales Performance

More Sales Performance UKBF Contributor Free Member

44 6
    Some quite good ideas so far. Do you have a SMART Sales, Marketing & PR Plan in place?

This will be fundamental in achieving success. If not I am happy to help?

Regards,

Peter

Posted: Jul 26, 2010 By: More Sales Performance Member since: Jul 5, 2010
  10. commercial sports managem

commercial sports managem UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 0
    Have you tried advertising through local sports organisations ?

I have links with clubs all over the north east who can advertise your company for as little as £25 per year depending on what you want.

Just drop me a line and i'll see if i can help you.

Posted: Oct 8, 2010 By: commercial sports managem Member since: Oct 7, 2010
  11. mrquib

mrquib UKBF Newcomer Free Member

16 0
    Hi Euphoria,

Have you tried social media marketing? In other words finding the local populace of newcastle on social networks such as Facebook and twitter? Linkedin is also a good choice for finding organised groups of people.

I have recently launched[FONT=&quot] a group buying platform that connects local businesses with local customers in Newcastle Upon Tyne. We offer [/FONT][FONT=&quot] daily deals from local merchants at discounted prices by leveraging the power of group buying. [/FONT]In other words, we negotiate with the business owner X amount of buyers in return for x amount of discounts.
    [FONT=&quot]
    The daily deals [/FONT][FONT=&quot] are focussed on casual dining, shopping, lifestyle and health and beauty offerings, recreation, services and events.

I would say that advertising on our platform would be far more effective than advertising in the newspaper as there is no upfront cost. We only take a commission from the sales you make from using our advertising platform.

If you would like to know more about Newcastle's local daily deal platform for local businesses
    Google search Mr Quib

- I can't link on UKBF as I haven't not made 15 posts.

regards

M Singh[/FONT] [FONT=&quot] [/FONT]

Last edited: Oct 25, 2010
    Posted: Oct 25, 2010 By: mrquib Member since: Oct 25, 2010
  12. efreshly

efreshly UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 1
    set the banners in ur town or city on defferent place. its best for ur business.

Posted: Oct 26, 2010 By: efreshly Member since: Oct 25, 2010
  13. Prodrive-James

Prodrive-James UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    Try registering with NECC, I'm not sure how much you get charged a year as my company has been with them for a long time, but I have been attending local networking events (Billingham, Seaham etc), here you can gain local access to businesses that are seeking similar marketing opportunities such as yourself. I work for a shopfitting company and having visited one of these events, I was given a pack with everyones contact details, as well as having the opportunity to speak to these directly,

hope this helps

James Dobson
    Prodrive Shopfitting

Posted: Nov 1, 2010 By: Prodrive-James Member since: Oct 19, 2010
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.