Whats the best online FREE advertising for your business?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by SocialMediaUncovered, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Krystsina

Krystsina UKBF Ace

219 119
    I would say that word of mouth is the best free advertising you could ever get. If your product/service has uniqueness, creativity, good quality, and originality, you will succeed for sure. We started our business without spending any cent on any advertising, without even a website, just with a Facebook page, and after 2 weeks we had a constant flow of clients that doesn't stop for half a year of our existing business. Even though I graduated from an advertising school, I believe in the product/service. Better to spend free money you have on improving quality than advertising.

Posted: Jun 30, 2016 By: Krystsina Member since: Jun 21, 2016
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. David G Rees

David G Rees UKBF Newcomer

42 9
    Social media is very popular at the moment but i agree with Krystsina that word of mouth is by far the best free advertising you can get.

Posted: Jul 11, 2016 By: David G Rees Member since: Jul 10, 2016
  3. Rockpapercopy_biz

Rockpapercopy_biz UKBF Contributor

81 14
    second that - and email marketing

FIVERR!!!

Posted: Jul 15, 2016 By: Rockpapercopy_biz Member since: Jul 14, 2016
  4. Louisa Edith

Louisa Edith UKBF Newcomer

5 0
    Media advertising is good for you. You try to google and facebook advertising to pull access to your website

Posted: Jul 16, 2016 By: Louisa Edith Member since: Jul 16, 2016
  5. Debbie Barnes

Debbie Barnes UKBF Newcomer

38 6
    If you are looking for cheap marketing resource to help put together articles, videos, designs, etc., try fiverr.com - I've used it a lot to help create content for our website :)

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 By: Debbie Barnes Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  6. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

35,044 10,697
    Maybe you have, but the quality of the content you get from fiverr isn't very good. It might be grammatically correct but it tends not to be engaging, interesting or directed.

As an aside, I tried to use your site and gave up. The tiny light grey font is almost impossible to read

Posted: Jul 17, 2016 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  7. James_Click_Stream

James_Click_Stream UKBF Newcomer

5 1
    For my business word of mouth has proved to be the best form of free advertising. I run a digital lead generation services working form mostly SME's but most of my new customers are recruited through existing clients. Shows the power of doing a good job i hope!

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 By: James_Click_Stream Member since: Feb 1, 2016
  8. Toby Willows

Toby Willows UKBF Big Shot

759 167
    Why do so many people think "word of mouth" is advertising? "Word of mouth" is a recommendation and should be looked upon as such in your overall marketing strategy and not confused with advertising.

Last edited: Aug 9, 2016
    Posted: Aug 9, 2016 By: Toby Willows Member since: Jun 20, 2016
  9. James_Click_Stream

James_Click_Stream UKBF Newcomer

5 1
    A little pedantic Toby but i see your point its not paid for so it probably shouldn't be categorised as advertising

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 By: James_Click_Stream Member since: Feb 1, 2016
  10. TODonnell

TODonnell UKBF Legend

1,405 215
    I started reading this thread, thought the advice sounded outdated, then read the posting dates.

Article marketing is dead, IMHO. You just get a lot of links on duplicate content from cr*ppy sites. Fiverr is great for things that can be churned out quickly using templates, like logos and videos. You won't get quality unique content on there.

Posted: Aug 9, 2016 By: TODonnell Member since: Sep 23, 2011
  11. HazelC

HazelC UKBF Legend

973 227
    Twitter :D

Posted: Aug 10, 2016 By: HazelC Member since: Sep 7, 2013
  12. beardyboys

beardyboys UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Fiver is a great place to source people who can write articles, web design, seo, plus provide lots of other services at very reasonable prices. Try there.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 By: beardyboys Member since: Feb 3, 2017
  13. fisicx

fisicx Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

35,044 10,697
    No, don't use ffiver for that sort of thing. Unless you are quite happy to use the junk they give you.

Posted: Feb 3, 2017 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  14. NINE2UK

NINE2UK UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Amen to that!

Posted: Feb 7, 2017 By: NINE2UK Member since: Feb 7, 2017
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.