Whats the best online FREE advertising for your business?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by SocialMediaUncovered, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Digital Investments

Digital Investments UKBF Regular

209 41
    Strategic joint ventures are one of the fastest and most profitable ways to get free advertising. Approach companies/websites who have built responsive lists of your target audience, and offer them a healthy commission percentage to promote your product/service to their list.

For example,

If you're targeting business owners, then approach accountants and lawyers.

Although this can be classed as paid advertising, because you are giving a commission % to the joint venture for each sale made, this is in effect free money because you are reaching customers that you normally woudlnt be able to reach, and once more, the credability of your joint venture will rub off on your product/service offer because they are promoting you.

This method is proven and extremely powerful

Posted: Jul 4, 2011 By: Digital Investments Member since: Jul 3, 2011
  2. SmallBizMarketing

SmallBizMarketing UKBF Newcomer

28 7
    Without doubt.......Google Places and good old Search Engine Optimisation!

:O)

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 By: SmallBizMarketing Member since: Jul 5, 2011
  3. CabinLIving

CabinLIving UKBF Newcomer

86 9
    Google places is certainly under used by many.

Hoobly is good freebie advertising site, within hours your ad appears high in googles search results if you use a clever heading which is keyword related.

Perhaps the best for us is our blogspot on googles blogger. Not only do customers see real installations and get a better insight into our business but often careful choices of artilce titles can be googled and appear first page within a few minutes of posting.

They may disappear off the radar after a few weeks if competition is strong but we have several which have remained and continue to create referrals to our main site

Posted: Jul 5, 2011 By: CabinLIving Member since: Jan 22, 2011
  4. sitandstay

sitandstay UKBF Regular

446 32
    I've had great results from Gumtree :)

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 By: sitandstay Member since: Feb 17, 2011
  5. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend

10,314 1,782
    Links exchanges are poo.

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  6. alexduduta

alexduduta UKBF Newcomer

31 0
    If own for the company promoting, you can do free promoting with the forum,blog,directory.
    If you want to promote your products for free, I would first suggest you to use the free classified ads. Or you can also write your blog which is mainly for the products promoting, but must be professional.
    You can also use other social networking methods, facebook,twitter,youtude would be your best choice.

Posted: Jul 6, 2011 By: alexduduta Member since: Nov 1, 2010
  7. morningsungardenservices

morningsungardenservices UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    Hi, any chance I could get a PM of the instructions on listing on Gumtree plz? Posting a few ads a week but nothing is coming of it :|

Posted: Sep 4, 2012 By: morningsungardenservices Member since: Sep 4, 2012
  8. seanlevegan

seanlevegan UKBF Newcomer

12 0
    I know this thread has not seen any posts in a few years but I think what I have just started is very relevant. I am looking for business owners who want to talk about their business for my online podcasts. This come free to the business taking part and will be supported by others businesses (non conflicting) through sponsors and short ad breaks.

Is this something you would be interested in. The advertising rates will be under £100.

Sean

Posted: Sep 7, 2012 By: seanlevegan Member since: Sep 7, 2012
  9. MaryLawson

MaryLawson UKBF Newcomer

14 0
    if you want to advertise your business for free online then try to consider not only posting free classified ads but to do a little bit of SEO on those said classified ads...

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 By: MaryLawson Member since: Aug 28, 2012
  10. IngeniousBrit

IngeniousBrit UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    Free advertising doesn't really come much better than social networking.
    Twitter, with tools like Hootsuite, become easily manageable and not too time-consuming, whereas LinkedIn provides you with effective B2B marketing. Facebook has good multimedia potential, whilst the likes of Pinterest are up-and-coming and allow you to be a bit more creative within your business sphere.
    Make sure that you're informative, concise and always reply to questions. Humour's also a great tonic for customers - people love to be entertained.

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 By: IngeniousBrit Member since: Sep 10, 2012
  11. eventdomain

eventdomain Banned

2,876 339
    I disagree most strongly - you will not get heaps of anything. The only ones flogging this are the article salespeople.

Why can't people just get right to the damn point - you will be found out as a salesman, so why all the disguises - yuck :rolleyes:

Posted: Sep 10, 2012 By: eventdomain Member since: Apr 23, 2009
  12. Dplight21

Dplight21 UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    For free online advertising local classified sites are best for business

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 By: Dplight21 Member since: Aug 23, 2012
  13. Websitehandyman

Websitehandyman UKBF Legend

2,174 535
    I've been trying all the free sources of advertising I can since about Feb. For the site in my sig, I'm signing the site up to all I can find and seeing what affect it has. Not a great affect when it comes to referrals but I'm not selling anything so that might not be representative but certainly the SEO is gathering speed now.

If anyone finds any decent free places to advertise please let me know.

Posted: Sep 13, 2012 By: Websitehandyman Member since: Nov 25, 2011
  14. eventdomain

eventdomain Banned

2,876 339
    Stopped looking for free advertising years ago - there's nothing apart from the overused social platforms and a few link swaps available.

We will be concentrating on the free press, some SEO, blogging and whatever low-cost placements we can find eg: related sites, but deep down we know the fees to get on anything decent won't be low cost.

I figure the social sites will end up like article banks, will have so many taking advantage of them and become saturated with advertisers. Facebook have already gone paid, and twitter must surely follow suit. You could have another 20 social sites up in the next 12 months - all will be flooded, then go paid to make money and advertisers will be right back at the start, looking for free places again.

Free places will not remain free, at some point they must make money to keep going.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2012
    Posted: Sep 13, 2012 By: eventdomain Member since: Apr 23, 2009
  15. amhsolutions

amhsolutions UKBF Contributor

193 26
    Posted: May 10, 2013 By: amhsolutions Member since: Nov 14, 2011
  16. NickJ

NickJ UKBF Legend

980 211
    Is this the site you started?

Posted: May 10, 2013 By: NickJ Member since: Mar 29, 2012
  17. jucbad

jucbad UKBF Newcomer

18 2
    Facebook is wonderful as a free channel for advertising. Create a business "fan page" different from your personal Facebook page, then get lot of "likes" and your message shared by a large crowd. This will go viral and generate you traffic and sales.

Posted: May 16, 2013 By: jucbad Member since: Oct 12, 2010
  18. joycheapbuy

joycheapbuy UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    I don't believe the free one.None of advertisement is non-profit

Posted: May 17, 2013 By: joycheapbuy Member since: May 17, 2013
  19. simong93

simong93 UKBF Newcomer

129 6
    Or if your looking for free leads do a google search and add :xml and it will bring up all excel sheets ive found hundreds of juicy records there for the takeing.

Posted: May 17, 2013 By: simong93 Member since: Mar 1, 2013
  20. markgeo

markgeo UKBF Newcomer

1 0
    There are several peoples are there to take the responsibility of it. By paying them they will make our site popular in the advertisement.

Posted: May 18, 2013 By: markgeo Member since: May 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.