Whats the best online FREE advertising for your business?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by SocialMediaUncovered, Oct 3, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Isabella_Smith

Isabella_Smith UKBF Newcomer

75 7
    Yes Mark,

This is a good way to promote your business. I think it's best for dating and party orgnizing service providers.

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 By: Isabella_Smith Member since: Nov 6, 2008
  2. Rufford

Rufford UKBF Enthusiast

373 61
    There is absolutely no question that blogs are able to take on large corporations with big budgets.

Internet blogs take on big corporations:
    http://lesarmitage.com/2008/12/the-50-best-business-blogs/

TECHNORATI:
    http://lesarmitage.com/2008/12/technoratiblogs-now-break-news/

Company Blog:
    http://www.247staff.info/blog/

'nother:
    http://247professionalhealth.co.uk/

Have a nosey around something called WEB 2 as well.....

Posted: Dec 27, 2008 By: Rufford Member since: Jul 3, 2008
  3. ali-redwood

ali-redwood UKBF Newcomer

8 1
    Hi Jason
    are you after SEO content articles, Think of them as part of your day you will have heaps in no time! if not PM me. they sure are a wonderful traffic grabber.

Alison

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 By: ali-redwood Member since: Sep 27, 2008
  4. ali-redwood

ali-redwood UKBF Newcomer

8 1
    Hi Jason
    I didn't properly answer your question.

articles bring in good traffic and quickly, especially if they get used by others for their sites which happened with 2 of mine! press release is a favourite too, you tube.

cheers
    Alison

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 By: ali-redwood Member since: Sep 27, 2008
  5. agentyumi

agentyumi UKBF Contributor

15 10
    I only tried Yahoo answers and forum posting. So far with this two, forum posting is better than yahoo answers, that's based on my experience. In forum posting there are lots of active members who can view your advertisement. I saw lots of people who put their signature as a link to website and that's a good way of advertising.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 By: agentyumi Member since: Sep 4, 2008
  6. Airia

Airia UKBF Contributor

142 17
    Agree UKSBD will get you visitors. I see a few hits each day from there to my Airia.co.uk site
    Check out Alexa.com to see how popular UKSBD has become and view it's damn good traffic rank!
    Also, make sure you get a Free Entry into the DMOZ web directory (google it to find it!) - This will be the best bit of free SEO you will do.............

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 By: Airia Member since: Dec 26, 2008
  7. An Oasis

An Oasis UKBF Legend

9,842 1,683
    :rolleyes:...........:rolleyes:

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
  8. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

10,970 2,239
    Thanks, I'd love to know how you get a few hits each day though?
    I can't find any sign of a link to airia.co.uk from UKSBD.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
  9. SLF

SLF UKBF Big Shot

697 151
    Id be interested to know how mnay of the visitors convert to cutomers as that's the thing you really want.

Posted: Dec 28, 2008 By: SLF Member since: May 21, 2008
  10. Airia

Airia UKBF Contributor

142 17
    Oops! - Sorry, Wrong Directory. - Sure I've had a call or two though quoting the reference No.!

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: Airia Member since: Dec 26, 2008
  11. Emilyecho

Emilyecho UKBF Newcomer

13 1
    There is no best way. Many factors...you should do lots of work to SEO, BLOG, forum postings, building links, writing articals...

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: Emilyecho Member since: Oct 21, 2008
  12. UKSBD

UKSBD Moderator
    Verified Business ✔️

10,970 2,239

No problem,
    I found your listing and have now upgraded it for you and added your link.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: UKSBD Member since: Dec 30, 2005
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Damian@Inca

[email protected] UKBF Newcomer

27 1
    a few people have mentioned exchanging links but the company we used to create our website suggested that this doesn't look very professional and advised us not to have a links page.. however I can defnitely see the benefit if using reputabel companies.. I'd be interested to hear peoples views on this..

D

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: [email protected] Member since: Dec 12, 2008
  14. Airia

Airia UKBF Contributor

142 17
    I had a site where a reciprocal links exchange program was in place. The page link was discreetly hidden away on the front page, but those who wanted to find it (i.e. similar minded webmasters) would find it.
    It Works! Takes time & effort, but good.
    Go for similar companies & you will see the benefits, both in Page Rank & your position in Google. I managed to get a PR of 4 within a few months, about 30 links.
    Another site I had where I didn't put enough effort in showed poorer results in Google search.
    Webmasters know the benefits & good like minded sites will always exchange links. When you get a good PR, people come to you for links!.

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
    Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: Airia Member since: Dec 26, 2008
  15. Digger1

Digger1 UKBF Newcomer

36 5
    The best free online advertising starts with capturing people's names and email addresses (or through RSS) when they visit your website. Once you have done this contact your customers on a regular basis.

A few other ways of advertising and generating higher traffic numbers to your website is by using social media:

* Stumbleupon
    * Digg
    * Twitter

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: Digger1 Member since: Jun 25, 2008
  16. simonr

simonr UKBF Enthusiast

838 71
    Many pages ago (taken me bloody ages to read it all!) Valari suggested Squidoo (so taking her advice I've created a presentations & public speakin lens) but I'm far from impressed. Very clumbsy interface and very, very (very!) slow to load. On top of that, many of the bits and bobs you can add look very 1970s.

Still, it's done now.

S

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: simonr Member since: Dec 11, 2006
  17. SocialMediaUncovered

SocialMediaUncovered UKBF Contributor

169 22
    Wow this thread really took off!

SEO topics were bound to come up in this thread, and thank you to everyone whos asked some interesting questions and had them answered by some very in tune seo experts we have on this site. All their information is always more than handy.

On the subject of SEO and due to the time of the year, i've just posted a blog posting about getting your site in order for 2009 (if you have a bit of expected, or planned for 'downtime') http://smuvrd.wordpress.com/2008/12/29/a-good-time-to-get-your-site-in-order/

There are some useful links that you may not have seen before or used, along with some other information sources from google itself (Matt Cutts Head of Webspam) on seo techniques.

I'm going to be using this time as effectively as possible (as always) and posting as many blogs as I can write - although when writing blogs it helps when you get some feedback - so if you would like to know more in-depth information about social media marketing/technology or basics on seo drop me a line, or leave a comment on my blog.

I hope we can continue this thread and get lots more free tips for advertising and getting business online through 'no cost' methods.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: SocialMediaUncovered Member since: Sep 29, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  18. nateski

nateski UKBF Newcomer

37 8
    even time writing on here has a cost, it may seem 'free' but at the very least there is a time cost - remember that.

Posted: Dec 29, 2008 By: nateski Member since: Dec 28, 2008
  19. raycred

raycred UKBF Newcomer

2 0
    hi,
    you can put a free listing with yell.com

thanx

Posted: Jun 30, 2011 By: raycred Member since: Jun 15, 2011
  20. channs

channs UKBF Newcomer

45 7
    Don t forget that writing articles for ezines is a great way to target the readers of the ezine. This a lot more targetted than just posting articles on ezinearticles

Free leads requires time investment

Paid leads requires investment

Posted: Jul 2, 2011 By: channs Member since: Mar 11, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.