What would you do with an extra day a week?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by namesweb, Jun 26, 2019.

1. Opinion87

Opinion87 UKBF Regular Free Member

261 48
    Probably spend most of it reading.

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 By: Opinion87 Member since: Jul 1, 2015
  2. billybob99

billybob99 UKBF Regular Free Member

1,182 262
    The same thing we do every night, Pinky - try to take over the world!

They're Pinky, They're Pinky and the Brain Brain Brain Brain Brain!

Posted: Jun 29, 2019 By: billybob99 Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  3. Charles Rice

Charles Rice UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 5
    I would use that extra day in listening queries of newly joined customers as it takes more time than aged customers.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 By: Charles Rice Member since: Apr 19, 2019
  4. Julia Sta Romana

Julia Sta Romana UKBF Contributor Free Member

91 30
    I'd like an extra day to just write. It's a process that brings so much value but requires so much work to do well. I know I'd be able to do so much more if I just have one day where I can just focus on writing.

Posted: Jul 2, 2019 By: Julia Sta Romana Member since: Apr 18, 2017
  5. dwight10

dwight10 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

10 0
    Take a course sounds useful here. Since one Billionaire advised, the more your learn, the more you'll earn.

I would learn more and also like to share more advice about how to make money for small businesses faster progress, with gained 1 day a week here.

Thanks
    Dwight Harrison
    Entrepreneur

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 By: dwight10 Member since: Jan 7, 2013
  6. glengraving

glengraving UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 40
    An extra day per week isn't much use, I'd much prefer to split it and have an extra 3.4 hours per day. There's rarely enough hours in the day - one could learn a new language, practice an instrument, go for a long walk, and still have enough time to be productive in business.

Posted: Jul 3, 2019 By: glengraving Member since: Jan 24, 2019
  7. SteLacca

SteLacca UKBF Ace Free Member

1,483 289
    Pub

Posted: Jul 4, 2019 By: SteLacca Member since: Jun 16, 2016
  8. Flankaaa

Flankaaa UKBF Contributor Free Member

36 2
    I think that one day in a week should be devoted to yourself and your family and people you love. So, I will (and I am) use this one day to spend time with my kids, doing things that we usually do for fun. I think that it is very healthy to maintain balance in your life

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 By: Flankaaa Member since: Dec 23, 2018
  9. Paulo1Chop

Paulo1Chop UKBF Contributor Free Member

96 9
    Surely the extra day would just be tomorrow and that never comes anyway!;)

Posted: Jul 12, 2019 By: Paulo1Chop Member since: Jul 12, 2019
  10. WeddingsInWales

WeddingsInWales UKBF Contributor Full Member

66 24
    No one wants to answer the questioner's search for innovative business ideas! Not a single responder! Well well. As it happens I have a bit of time spare, so I visited this forum wondering what to do with this extra time. Found this question and I thought, well, there might be some ideas on what to do with my 'extra time' here. And I found nothing. But it did take up about 10 minutes of time I did actually have extra (due, if you are interested, to the wife and kids going off to Summer Camp in Russia and me staying behind with more time to be innovative in my business). Yesterday on Jivochat someone asked me a question about a wedding anniversary party. We do weddings etc. So I looked up the wedding anniversary party page on my site and realised, oops, it is out of date, old prices, old links and needsd re-doing. So before answering the Jivochat I spent a couple of hours updating and re-writing the Wedding Anniversary Parties page. Does this answer the questioner's question? Indirectly, it may do, for other than very small businesses, most businesses will have employees answering customer queries. If you do not routinely review what customers are asking about, you might be getting out of touch with what customers are wanting from your service / product. So with the extra time you could review all your customer query emails, chats, and posts, and see if there is something different you could be offering within your existing services, or some way of adapting what you are doing. I.e. if you are fresh out of new ideas, watch what customers are asking for. After re-writing my Wedding Anniversary page I then got to thinking whether a similar service could be offered as a wedding package. So now I am going to create a special Wednesday Wedding Package as no one ever seems to get married on Wednesdays. I do not know why people do not like Wednesdays. Maybe it is because everyone is at work wondering what to do with their existing 7 days a week. As no one seems to visit us on Wednesdays, clearly we have a lost opportunity to provide a service on Wednesdays that is unique to Wednesdays. So today I am going to work on a Wednesday Wedding Offer. No one else offers a Wednesday wedding. Will anyone buy my Wednesday Wedding offer? If I make it uniquely good value, and sell 10 a year, then it would be a useful use of a day of my time creating this new package. Another £50k or so of turnover for a day's work. Oh dear, got to go, another jivochat has come in and they want to know about a stretch of water passing through our grounds. It is a river. Can they fish in it. No I replied, all the fish got washed away in a torrent one winter. Plus a fishing club downstream prevents the trout from getting any further upstream. I digress. Ideas ideas - try asking your customers what they want and look at what they are complaining or asking about now.

Posted: Jul 13, 2019 By: WeddingsInWales Member since: Dec 13, 2018
  11. TheoNe

TheoNe UKBF Regular Full Member

135 14
    Definitely more mountain biking - a great stressbuster and for overall health.

Posted: Jul 16, 2019 By: TheoNe Member since: Jul 6, 2019
  12. Strent12

Strent12 UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 5
    I would read more on business and non business related topics. You can never learn too much. And take more walks in nature.

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 By: Strent12 Member since: May 15, 2019
  13. Noah

Noah UKBF Ace Free Member

1,200 299
    Yes, but what to do for the rest of the day?

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 By: Noah Member since: Sep 1, 2009
  14. alan1302

alan1302 UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

552 99
    The walks in nature that they mentioned I expect...

Posted: Jul 18, 2019 By: alan1302 Member since: Jun 2, 2018
  15. WeddingsInWales

WeddingsInWales UKBF Contributor Full Member

66 24
    I am now on day 8 of my family being away in Russia (Summer Camp for boys to learn Russian but they don't as all the Russians practice their English on them). Another 9 days before they get back. Has been very difficult working out what to do with the extra time. My Wednesday Wedding Page is now published and I now need to promote it on facebook as no one has yet looked at it aside from me. Am reading a guide to marketing on Facebook for Dummies. I've concluded Google is good for people who are actually looking for something, but not much use for things people are NOT looking for (such as Wednesday Weddings). So it occurred to me use promotional adverts for services people do NOT think to look for, and facebook is an obvious one for that, and google adwords for whatever people ARE looking for, other than what I get found for organically anyway (no point paying for Adwords if you are found organically anyway). Is this a bright Idea, well it is true that all this business of fighitng to be seen on Google only really works for things people are looking for. Also I think Google could be becoming out of date now. Many people only promote themselves on facebook and some of our own wedding suppliers have dropped their websites and only keep a page on facebook going, For things people are not actively looking for, you do have to 'promote' somehow. Rarely have I had so little to do, it is driving me nuts, I am beginning to think an awful lot of people have too much time on their hands and nothing proactively 'useful' to do, once the usual family and job chores are taken care of. Hence most people on here can only come up with leisure tasks. I'm going to get my Segway repaired, that always was fun, and there's lots of Dorset lanes and paths to explore.

Posted: Jul 20, 2019 By: WeddingsInWales Member since: Dec 13, 2018
  16. florianstatovci

florianstatovci UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Why do investors invest in people...mostly

Posted: Jul 21, 2019 By: florianstatovci Member since: Jul 21, 2019