What is the biggest problem in your company/sector?

Discussion in 'Market Research' started by Craig3141, Aug 15, 2019 at 11:30 AM.

1. Craig3141

Craig3141 UKBF Newcomer Full Member

6 0
    Just like the title says, I am looking to learn about various problems that business owners face.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 11:30 AM By: Craig3141 Member since: Aug 9, 2019
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,558 8,973
    Too many idiots wanting a Rolls-Royce solution for the cost of Lada

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 11:34 AM By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. Craig3141

6 0
    I take it Ladas are cheap cars? So your problem is one of screening the wheat from the chaff so to speak?
    EDIT
    wow

90-97 on page rank while running wordpress, that is awesome under-the-hood performance. Then they want to buy it for 40-page rank performance webiste prices, right?

Last edited: Aug 15, 2019 at 11:57 AM
    Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 11:49 AM By: Craig3141 Member since: Aug 9, 2019
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,558 8,973
    I had a bank in South Africa wanting some customisation. I quoted $70 and they tried to negotiate down to $40. The Swedes and Norwegians and most of Europe never quibble. South America questions the quote but still pay up. Australians are fine as are the Yanks. It's just Sub-Saharan Africa and the old Soviet states that want everything for free.

It's not so much screening, it's just they don't appreciate the cost of doing the work. A single email is usually sufficient to keep them away. I just suggest they find a local developer and never hear from them again.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 12:06 PM By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Free Member

12,187 4,251
    Builders, they ruin everything.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 12:25 PM By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  6. DavidWH

DavidWH UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,419 258
    It's the customers that cause us the problems, I've yet to solve the conundrum of paying the wages and bills without them though :p

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 2:08 PM By: DavidWH Member since: Feb 15, 2011
  7. Craig3141

6 0
    Huh, that is interesting so it is more about the perception of the value of the work, in those areas? I would have thought ex-soviet states and South America to be roughly similar.

How so?

Haha, think you need enough profit to hire employees to deal with the customers, while you sit on the beach .

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 2:18 PM By: Craig3141 Member since: Aug 9, 2019
  8. WeddingsInWales

WeddingsInWales UKBF Contributor Full Member

63 23
    Money. I never have enough. That is the biggest problem. If I had loads of money I would do a lot more spending. I would build into all the derelict areas of my castle and fully repair the roof and turrets rather than have to wait decades to earn the money through trading. Having to fill the castle with loads of guests who get noisy when they are enjoying themselves means I cannot sleep on busy nights. They also keep breaking things because chairs are too flimsy when people sit down heavily on the furniture. I now have metal chairs in my bedrooms due to the problem of heavy people sitting heavily in them after spending heavily over the bar. I then need more money for more maintenance to repair the things broken by my customers, or wrecked by the Welsh rain. Half my turrets are cracking because a predecessor thought to fill the cracks with concrete - water gets in and cracks the softer limestone and now we have to ban people going on the roof for wedding photos in case they lean on a loose parapet. Leaks are another problem, we keep repairing roof and more leaks come from somewhere we didn't know about. More money would help. Money I think is the problem. I am certain others have this problem also though it is not mentioned much so maybe everyone else has loads of spare money. Money seems to take up far too much time thinking about and pondering on, much more time than talking about the weather. That is why I spent a year in a caravan not spending, personally, but still had to spend on repairing the roof of my castle.

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 3:27 PM By: WeddingsInWales Member since: Dec 13, 2018
  9. Craig3141

6 0
    How do you currently obtain money? Well obviously sales, but how specifically do you get sales? What is your occupancy rate? When do you often have empty rooms? Which is more important to you revenue, cashflow or profit?

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 3:35 PM By: Craig3141 Member since: Aug 9, 2019
  10. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

10,419 2,108
    Giving a service to service companies who promise the job and results as contract yet fail in all aspects forcing you to cut your losses and move on, especially in either the general marketing or IT companies

Posted: Aug 15, 2019 at 3:53 PM By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  11. crackerjackcommerce

crackerjackcommerce UKBF Contributor Free Member

36 0
    We are a historic bricks and mortar retail store and we are facing: lack of footfall in the High Street, high business rates, increased out of town retail parks a 5 min walk away, importers/wholesalers retiring/closing down.

Posted: Aug 16, 2019 at 10:14 AM By: crackerjackcommerce Member since: Aug 1, 2019