General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

What is it?

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by DuaneJackson, Sep 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DuaneJackson

DuaneJackson UKBF Legend Full Member

9,527 1,118
    Come on Jayne, I'm really curious to know what your new business is going to be.

Can we just have a little clue?

Posted: Sep 3, 2005 By: DuaneJackson Member since: Jul 14, 2005
  2. Jayne

Jayne UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,920 8
    Not Yet :lol:

Some of the, I need help with a business idea people may nick it. I've put too much work into it for that.

Give you a clue, My name will be ? :lol:

Jayne

Posted: Sep 3, 2005 By: Jayne Member since: Aug 6, 2005
  3. DuaneJackson

9,527 1,118
    Ouch. A good domain name like that is easier to steal than a business idea. It doesn't look like you've bought that domain yet, unless it was done in the last couple of hours. Do it ASAP if you haven't, ie TODAY! Seriously, somone could nick it nwo you've posted it here. If you can't do it todayt, PM me your address and I'll do it on your behalf right now at cost.

Quick search on "buy bows" and I get bows and arrows, bow ties... and the one that never occured to me: bows and ribbons.... getting warm?

4. Jayne

2,920 8
    I have it registerd already :D

I have deleted it know :lol:

Jayne

Please delete yours then, don't want it pinching :D

5. Jayne

2,920 8
    Under my picture in my profile it says CEO, what does that mean, I was a manager the other week?

Jayne

6. DuaneJackson

9,527 1,118
    I thinks it's to do with how many posts you have made. I don't see it there though, I thought it was removed a week ago or so.

7. Jayne

2,920 8
    Yours says manager! I liked being a manager, sounded posh!

Jayne :lol:

8. DuaneJackson

9,527 1,118
    Ahhh, on the profile page rather than on the actual messages. I see it.

I've been on many forums over the years but I don't think I've ever known anyone to make an average of 19 posts a day!

9. Jayne

2,920 8
    Who's that then? :lol:

I'm on here a lot because i'm learning lots from everyone. I only do short post's, to the point. I don't post full pages like some :lol:

Jayne

10. Jayne

2,920 8

Hi,

Found out what it means. I'm a Chief something! It's just like being at school trying to get a gold star. I get it now, the more you yack on, the posher your name is :lol: Silly isn't it :lol:

Jayne

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 By: Jayne Member since: Aug 6, 2005
  11. clickprofits

clickprofits UKBF Newcomer Free Member

164 2
    CEO = Chief Executive Officer - it's an American term for a Company Director/Managing Director/Owner - ie: big cheese/ head honcho/ the boss/ s/he who must be obeyed. :D or perhaps in your case the baker boss (BB)!

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 By: clickprofits Member since: Feb 24, 2005
  12. Jayne

2,920 8
    Oh I like that!

Better than dogs body :lol: I'll tell my husband, you must obay :lol: When he gets back from the pub that is :lol:

Jayne

13. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Newcomer Full Member

14,858 2,117
    Jayne,

In the US, the following terms are used for senior managers:

CEO: Chief Executive Officer

COO: Chief Operating Officer

CMO: Chief Marketing Officer

CTO: Chief Technology Officer

CFO: Chief Financial Officer

CIO: Chief Information Officer

The term C-level manager is becoming prevalent. In practice, it means one of the company's top executives.

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  14. Jayne

2,920 8
    Wait while I tell my Gran i'm an executive! She'll probably wee herself laughing :lol:

It's still me, warts an all, posh names mean nothing really :D I don't really like titles, people like you better when you haven't got one. I never tell sales reps in my shop who I am, then if they are rude to me I throw them out, telling them if I had have been a staff member, you should not have spoken to her any differently than me. Plus it's fun :D

Jayne

15. Cornish Steve

Cornish Steve UKBF Newcomer Full Member

14,858 2,117
    This is great, Jayne, and a wonderful lesson.

Years ago, I had a meeting with an up-and-coming technology company. I was led into a conference room where I met a couple of smartly-dressed vice presidents. Half an hour into the meeting, in walked a baby-faced employee in jeans; I just assumed that he was a junior programmer wanting to speak with his boss. At first, this person sat quietly in the background; then, he started to interrupt the meeting with questions. It turned out that he was the company founder and president! Was I glad that I treated him cordially and not dismissively.

Incidentally, the president of Southwest Airlines (the only US airline to remain profitable in the last several years) is Colleen Barratt. She started out as personal assistant to Herb Kelleher, one of the company founders. I'm sure there are several sales people in this world who are now wishing they'd shown her more respect when she was a humble secretary.

Posted: Sep 4, 2005 By: Cornish Steve Member since: Jul 4, 2005
  16. Jayne

2,920 8
    Too True, I once had one rude chap come in and said ' Is the boss in', I asked why and his reply was ' just get your boss love', I said ' Your speaking to her, now clear off, what every you're selling you can stick it. I enjoyed that one very much :D

Jayne

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.