Legal Brought to you by Company Formations 24/7
Dismiss Notice
Hey Guest, make sure to follow us on Twitter! Say hi and we'll be sure to follow back!

What is a "Proof of Delivery"?

Discussion in 'Legal' started by minnehoma, Jun 12, 2018.

1. minnehoma

minnehoma UKBF Contributor Free Member

67 0
    Can someone please advise what is required by law to prove that some goods have been delivered?

Does the docket from the supplier/courier need to clearly show a name and a signature?

My company currently has an ongoing situation whereby the supplier who have used a courier company to deliver the goods have provided a pod with the name of Alan but the signature on the docket shows as L A I.

Our customer is disputing that these goods have been delivered but our supplier is claiming that the details on the pod are enough to prove delivery.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 By: minnehoma Member since: Aug 29, 2008
  2. kulture

kulture UKBF Legend Staff Member

7,558 2,057
    Realistically it is a difficult one. In the end, if it went to court, it would go on the balance of probabilities, and whether the judge got out of bed the wrong side.

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 By: kulture Member since: Aug 11, 2007
  3. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,396 773
    Can the delivery company confirm delivery to the right address?

I've had a pallet go missing years ago that was signed for by someone. Not by me - and goods were useful to only a handful of people.
    I've had parcels supposedly delivered and signed for when I haven't received them.
    One did eventually turn up from several streets away.

Just because something is delivered somewhere and has a signature of sorts does not mean customer received it.

Posted: Jun 12, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  4. Jessica A.

Jessica A. UKBF Contributor Free Member

51 37
    The name and signature of the one who received it should match the name and signature on their identification when this is investigated to prove that it is indeed delivered to the correct person. However, this wouldn't apply to anyone who asked someone else to receive the order in behalf of the purchaser.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 5:15 AM By: Jessica A. Member since: Feb 28, 2018
  5. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

28,535 8,432
    The signature I squiggle on the tiny screen they give me looks nothing like the signature I use on other documents.

One courier now take pictures of the parcel and the front door of the house they delivered to.

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 7:16 AM By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  6. Chris Ashdown

Chris Ashdown UKBF Legend Free Member

9,211 1,873
    We used to ask the delivery company for GPS proof that they delivered to the right address, I think all delivery companies track their vehicles at least the main companies

Posted: Jun 13, 2018 at 9:27 AM By: Chris Ashdown Member since: Dec 7, 2003
  7. Martin Patfield

Martin Patfield UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Bane of my life.

As someone rightly said, a POD doesn't mean its been delivered to the correct person but it has been delivered somewhere.

Usually go through invoicing with an extremely fine tooth comb to ensure parcels were delivered within the agreed time limit and if they weren't ask for a credit.
    Can you not re-send the parcel either with another supplier to try and improve things that way so they get what they wanted.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:11 PM By: Martin Patfield Member since: May 3, 2018
  8. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

7,396 773

And does the seller believe you when you say that's not your front door.... no!
    Seller demanded I send him a photo of my front door to prove item wasn't delivered here. Pointed out to him he wouldn't know except me telling him it was my front door if I did.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 at 10:47 PM By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017