What is a decent email marketing tool for 60k subscription list?

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by DanH, Dec 12, 2019.

1. DanH

DanH UKBF Contributor Free Member

70 4
    Hi, we use Pure360 to manage a few of our lists that come to around 60k subscribers in total. For that we pay around £300 per month as a service cost, then we need to buy x number of credits. Whilst the interface, newsletter builder and reporting are quite swish and intuitive, I do wonder if there's anything that does the same but cheaper? It seems if we want to integrate it to our Woocommerce instalallations that will add an extra £100 per month so you are looking at a monthly service cost of £400 plus...not sure if that is cheap or expensive compared to other offerings e.g. mailchimp etc?

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 By: DanH Member since: Jan 5, 2010
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,620 9,967
    How much are those 60K subscribers worth to you?

If they generate £10000 in income each month £400 in fees isn't a lot to pay.

I use the £14.99/month package from mailchimp and built my own integration plugin so it's a lot cheaper than your current costs.

Posted: Dec 12, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  3. DanH

70 4
    Thanks fisicx.

Not quite performing on those levels unfortunately so looking at doing the same but cheaper so looking at all options.

Dan

4. fisicx

33,620 9,967
    OK. So if it's not performing to those levels is it worth even having the list? You could spend that £300 on adverts and generate £10K in income.

Or maybe you could work in increasing the opening percentage to generate more income. I get about 60% opening rate because I've culled my list making it much easier to target the message.

Reducing the size of your list might mean you can downgrade your package.

Just mulling over options here...

5. DanH

70 4
    Thanks, yes they are all valid options but I don't think we'll cull it significantly to get to the lower level, if anything it willbe growing as we concentrate on digital rather than print advertising. Of course, it may then be more worthy of the current expenditure but I'm just putting it out there in case someone is managing lists this sort of size with something with cheaper service costs. I was not involved in choosing Pure360 but I'm guessing it was chosen as it may have been comparatively better than, say, Mailchimps comparative package.

6. fisicx

33,620 9,967
    Even if you use the premium Mailchimp service it will still be cheaper as woocommerce integration is free.

But you won't need to premium service if you are just sending out mailshots.

7. Mollie Rhodes

Mollie Rhodes UKBF Contributor Free Member

34 7
    I would suggest Mailchimp it does pretty good job for when you have a lot of email subscribes.

Posted: Dec 18, 2019 By: Mollie Rhodes Member since: Aug 16, 2019
  8. Rob White

Rob White UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 1
    What features of Pure360 would you need in a replacement system? Is there anything else you need it to do other than woocommerce integration? There are some much cheaper solutions that might fit your needs.

Rob

Posted: Feb 12, 2020 By: Rob White Member since: Feb 12, 2020
  9. Alpha Helica Peptides

Alpha Helica Peptides UKBF Contributor Free Member

68 7
    There is a lot of email marketing tool, but mailchimp is best for me, also works for you.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 By: Alpha Helica Peptides Member since: Feb 10, 2020
  10. consultant

consultant Your Business Community Staff Member

5,730 812
    If set up right, you could run via your own website.

Posted: Feb 14, 2020 By: consultant Member since: Jan 21, 2008
  11. Sophie Leonard

Sophie Leonard UKBF Newcomer Free Member

24 4
    I would agree with Mollie Rhodes.

Mailchimp is the perfect email marketing tool for a huge subscription list. Mailchimp has many other amazing features that may help you to grow your business as per your terms.

Posted: Feb 19, 2020 By: Sophie Leonard Member since: Dec 26, 2019