What global warming?

Discussion in 'Green Business' started by Cornish Steve, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. hmmm

hmmm UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,722 127
    considering the size of the earth.
    then consider the amount of land .
    then consider the amount of desert.
    then consider the amount of ice.
    then consider the amount of rocks (mountain ranges , and such )
    then consider the cities.
    then consider farm land.
    after all that how much land is left for trees?

seems to me not much.
    seems to me, considering the size of the earth land and sea mass then we have from the ground up to the limits of breathable oxygen in the sky ,we dont need many trees.

im not say cut them down as i dont think we should. but im just wondering how much oxygen they help make and how many trees it takes to make it?

Last edited: Feb 3, 2013
    Posted: Feb 3, 2013 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  2. Davek0974

Davek0974 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,602 308
    Its not something i would like to play devils advocate with i think, it has long been known that trees et al are the filters for the air we breathe, destroying them is akin to smoking - means nothing until you get cancer then its too late. Personally i feel we should certainly put an end to deforestation immediately, its not like they are replanting as they go, just removing them is foolhardy in the extreme and it could be that which bites us all in the arse one day.

Posted: Feb 4, 2013 By: Davek0974 Member since: Mar 7, 2008
  3. heatpumps

heatpumps UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    Global warming is unexpected rise in the average temp. of earth's atmosphere and oceans.actually This is unexpected changes in temperature.Temperature increased so high,which affects our climatic condition.The main reason behind this is Air pollution and basically chlorofluorocarbon carbon and this causes Ozone layer depletion.

Posted: Feb 14, 2013 By: heatpumps Member since: Nov 21, 2012
  4. 7Figure

7Figure UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Without being too scientific, I think there's too much money in making the planet unhabitable. Nobody feels responsible, because everyone just takes a little cut in their local environment, but collectively we've lost the sense of balance in making money while keeping in mind human (and the planet's) life & health currently and in future.
    Not to be too conspiratory, but while some inventors are trying to find alternatives for engines dependent on oil, the black gold companies got enough capital to make sure that they don't lose the market. And the government seems to like getting paid on pollution.
    It's 21st century, properly funded research can do miracles but while we'd like to have better alternatives, money talks and I don't have enough of that to oppose the giants.. Hell, I've got my own little problems to take care of.

Last edited: Feb 19, 2013
    Posted: Feb 19, 2013 By: 7Figure Member since: Jan 29, 2013
  5. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,328 1,783
    There is oxygen from ocean plants in the atmosphere, hmmm, which some say makes up for 50 - 85% of all oxygen.

Im not so fussed about the idea of humans causing global warming anymore as it is so difficult for even scientists to tell. It seems that there is as little evidence for GW as there is for a god having created the earth.

I am more interested in governments looking at ways to reduce emissions in populated areas making society a more cleaner and healthier place. Not them looking at earth temparatures and contemplating whether or not little ants like us are warming the earth.

Posted: Feb 25, 2013 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  6. hmmm

1,722 127
    quite agree.

its kind of embarrassing now
    what must the natives think

Posted: Feb 26, 2013 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  7. heatpumps

heatpumps UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    [FONT=&quot]Global Warming is a serious problem for everyone.I think that We don't need to wait for governments to find a solution for this problem[/FONT].

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 By: heatpumps Member since: Nov 21, 2012
  8. Davek0974

2,602 308
    No its a serious problem for some, others do not agree that it is affected by the population.

Posted: Mar 1, 2013 By: Davek0974 Member since: Mar 7, 2008
  9. davewright13

davewright13 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 1
    I heard yesterday that the weather we are facing now is a result of the carbon footprint 10 years ago?

Posted: Mar 28, 2013 By: davewright13 Member since: Mar 27, 2013
  10. Davek0974

2,602 308
    I dont believe anyone could point a finger at something that may or may not have happened 10 years back

I could say that the price of petrol today is the result of a broken drillbit 10 years ago.

Its all smoke and mirrors.

Posted: Apr 2, 2013 By: Davek0974 Member since: Mar 7, 2008
  11. NSven

NSven UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 1
    Have you every noticed how, in the "global warming" debate, when there's one hot summer more people say they believe and then when there's a long winter like the one we're still having, more people say it's a load of rubbish? There are 2 big problems. First, people are extrapolating from their personal experience to take a judgement on an effect that has to compare data across tens or even hundreds of years. Second, really we should call this "climate change" and not "global warming". The world's climate is so complex that even if the whole world were getting warmer, there might be some regions which actually felt colder because of changing Gulfstream or other currents.

Posted: Apr 6, 2013 By: NSven Member since: Apr 6, 2013
  12. Davek0974

2,602 308
    It is much simpler to get on with life, the climate changes, it has always changed, it is in a constant state of cyclic change.

Posted: Apr 8, 2013 By: Davek0974 Member since: Mar 7, 2008
  13. NSven

NSven UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 1
    Davek0974, I like your stoicism. Probably right for us "little people" who just need to make a living. The problem is that this is unfortuately the attitude of too many policy makers and economic leaders who really do need to consider the situation

Posted: Apr 8, 2013 By: NSven Member since: Apr 6, 2013
  14. hmmm

1,722 127
    yes NSven, they need to build us an ark (just in case). other than that they are not going to stop any change

Last edited: Apr 9, 2013
    Posted: Apr 9, 2013 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  15. Davek0974

2,602 308
    Hmm, The film "2012" springs to mind....

:D

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 By: Davek0974 Member since: Mar 7, 2008
  16. Maudel

Maudel UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 1
    Or "The Day After Tomorrow"...

Posted: Apr 10, 2013 By: Maudel Member since: Apr 10, 2013
  17. batteryworld

batteryworld UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    I feel it is getting freaky.

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 By: batteryworld Member since: Apr 26, 2013
  18. tj1979x

tj1979x UKBF Newcomer Free Member

33 0
    It’s unfortunate when science becomes politicised and lobbyists direct the flow of funding. These factors occlude the transparent nature of science.
    Science is only the first issue. The second is statistics. Who the statisticians are and what they are told to find also influence the results. Then there are the news people that add their own spin on things. Similar to the planet, there are so many links in the chain contributing to the problem.

Posted: Apr 26, 2013 By: tj1979x Member since: Apr 23, 2013
  19. RebeccaHowards1

RebeccaHowards1 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 2
    With the way things are going the world will warm up further. Spring, Summer and Autumn will become even warmer. Winters I'm not so sure, open for debate.
    I guess we'll get what we deserve.

Posted: May 2, 2013 By: RebeccaHowards1 Member since: Apr 19, 2013
  20. Davek0974

2,602 308
    One things for sure, we will get whats coming and I doubt anything we do will alter that.

Posted: May 2, 2013 By: Davek0974 Member since: Mar 7, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.