What global warming?

Discussion in 'Green Business' started by Cornish Steve, Mar 4, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. StephenW

StephenW UKBF Newcomer Free Member

297 37
    Posted: Nov 13, 2012 By: StephenW Member since: Dec 14, 2007
  2. hmmm

hmmm UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1,722 127
    Posted: Nov 17, 2012 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  3. heatpumps

heatpumps UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 0
    Global warming is the unusually rapid increase in Earth’s average surface temperature over the past century primarily due to the greenhouse gases released by people burning fossil fuels.Global warming is not good for health and climate.When it comes to connecting the dots between climate change,extreme weather and health.

Posted: Nov 22, 2012 By: heatpumps Member since: Nov 21, 2012
  4. ScottishInvestments

ScottishInvestments UKBF Newcomer Free Member

298 81
    I don't know whether or not global warming is happening or not (I'm not a scientist :)), but I do support the governments green policy here in Scotland.

We personally have benefited out of the government green policy. We got several grants for solar panels, a number of grants for new boilers and we bought new 'eco' vans with ZERO road tax. My new car is £30 PA road tax also.

A friend of mine receives huge government green subsidies for the stuff he does.

If anything, it's costing the government money... Certainly not a 'stealth tax'.

ScotInvest

Posted: Nov 22, 2012 By: ScottishInvestments Member since: Nov 28, 2011
  5. lanyards

lanyards UKBF Newcomer Free Member

15 1
    I don't believe in global worming. Why is winter after winter colder?

Posted: Nov 22, 2012 By: lanyards Member since: Nov 19, 2012
  6. hmmm

1,722 127

The Little Ice Age (LIA) was a period of cooling that occurred after the Medieval Warm Period (Medieval Climate Optimum).[1] While it was not a true ice age, the term was introduced into the scientific literature by François E. Matthes in 1939.[2] It has been conventionally defined as a period extending from the 16th to the 19th centuries,[3][4][5] or alternately, from about 1350 to about 1850,[6] though climatologists and historians working with local records no longer expect to agree on either the start or end dates of this period, which varied according to local conditions. NASA defines the term as a cold period between AD 1550 and AD 1850 and notes three particularly cold intervals: one beginning about 1650, another about 1770, and the last in 1850, each separated by intervals of slight warming.[7] The Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change Third Assessment Report considered the timing and areas affected by the LIA suggested largely independent regional climate changes, rather than a globally-synchronous increased glaciation. At most there was modest cooling of the Northern Hemisphere during the period.[8]
    Several causes have been proposed: cyclical lows in solar radiation, heightened volcanic activity, changes in the ocean circulation, an inherent variability in global climate, or decreases in the human population. Lower CO2 atmospheric concentrations found in Antarctic ice cores may have resulted from the colder global climate.

Posted: Nov 22, 2012 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  7. casiehiness

casiehiness UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    I totally agree.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2012
    Posted: Dec 4, 2012 By: casiehiness Member since: Dec 4, 2012
  8. hmmm

1,722 127
  9. Davek0974

Davek0974 UKBF Ace Free Member

2,602 308
    Agree but nobody will listen, all got the blinkers on.

Lets spend £2bn on windfarms in Uganda:mad::eek: and something like £50m on stopping cows in Colombia from farting, i kid you not, you cannot make this stuff up, it takes a politician.:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/earth/en...n-of-UK-aid-to-help-Third-World-go-green.html

Quote" Each household will contribute £70 to schemes to tackle climate change in developing countries before March 2015, under plans championed by Ed Davey, the Liberal Democrat Energy Secretary."

Last edited: Dec 5, 2012
    Posted: Dec 5, 2012 By: Davek0974 Member since: Mar 7, 2008
  10. abclassifieds

abclassifieds UKBF Newcomer Free Member

5 0
    Global Warming means that there has been a rise in the temperature of Earth due to increased level of carbon dioxide. Carbon dioxide has a property that it doesn't let go of all the heat emitted by Sun, thus keeping Earth warm even in night. But due to industrialisation the level of carbon dioxide has increased, making the Earth warmer and this is Global Warming.

a2bclassifieds[dot]com

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 By: abclassifieds Member since: Dec 19, 2012
  11. hmmm

1,722 127
    how do you know?

Posted: Dec 19, 2012 By: hmmm Member since: Apr 14, 2011
  12. solenlil

solenlil UKBF Newcomer Free Member

17 0
    The society that we only look for a solution to a problem, rather than pre-empting the problems before they happen. Logic says pollution is bad and wasting energy .

Posted: Dec 20, 2012 By: solenlil Member since: Dec 20, 2012
  13. Digger

Digger UKBF Regular Free Member

290 40
    "If anything, it's costing the government money... Certainly not a 'stealth tax'."

Pray do tell - from where does this free money come from? Not sure why we are bothering with "austerity measures" when there is all this free money wafting about .:rolleyes:

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 By: Digger Member since: Jun 20, 2006
  14. ScottishInvestments

298 81
    What on earth are you talking about?

ScotInvest

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 By: ScottishInvestments Member since: Nov 28, 2011
  15. zomex

zomex UKBF Regular Full Member

360 39
    Biggest scam we've seen in human history. It's all about money and scaring the public into believing that large government is needed to keep us safe :D

Posted: Jan 13, 2013 By: zomex Member since: Sep 10, 2010
  16. ScottishInvestments

298 81
    And how is the government getting bigger through these new green schemes?

ScotInvest

17. zomex

360 39
    Sorry I mean the public sector (researchers, legislation enforcers etc).

18. ScottishInvestments

298 81
    Hardly...

ScotInvest

19. zomex

360 39
    And where does that money come from? Tax payers and loans which future generations will be forced to pay including interest.

Government isn't and never has been free.

Nothing is free in life.

With that said I'm a big fan of clean energy such as solar panels, wind turbines etc I just don't believe the propaganda that is global warning (changed to "Climate Change" because they realized that the earths temperature goes up and down over hundreds of years - this way their term can falsely apply to both situations)

20. ScottishInvestments

298 81
    And if we don't do something now, our future generations will have nothing, never mind more taxes!

ScotInvest

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.