what do you think about Focus keyword on Title?

Discussion in 'SEO, PPC and Online Marketing' started by Venkatweetz, Apr 7, 2018.

1. Venkatweetz

Venkatweetz UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Please tell me the pros and cons about the using the focus keyword on title tag & Meta description.

Relevancy or Exact match, which one should i prefer?

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 By: Venkatweetz Member since: Apr 4, 2018
  2. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,571 8,974
    Both.

The title should reflect the content of the page. Google is looking for relevancy and an exact match where appropriate.

Posted: Apr 7, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • List
  3. Bella Rose

Bella Rose UKBF Newcomer Free Member

7 2
    yes, the focus keyword should be used in both Title and meta description but long tail keyword will work more in the meta description and obviously, it should be relevant and exact.

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 By: Bella Rose Member since: Mar 7, 2018
  4. The Longley Sales Academy

The Longley Sales Academy UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 3
    Your keyword should be reflected in both, preferably the exact match and at the beginning of the title and the description. It's also beneficial to include it in the slug (permalink), just avoid using stop words (i.e. a, the, that, etc).

Posted: Apr 11, 2018 By: The Longley Sales Academy Member since: Mar 7, 2018
  5. Pankaj Sharma

Pankaj Sharma UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    You have to focused your keywords in your title and description but web page content should be relevant to that keywords.

Posted: Apr 13, 2018 By: Pankaj Sharma Member since: Apr 13, 2018
  6. MaureenP

MaureenP UKBF Contributor Free Member

92 6
    You should focus keyword not only in the title but description too. In title exact match keyword will remain the best and that particular exact match keyword you will have to target in the beginning of the meta description too. You can also target long tail keyword in the meta description but be sure that keyword is also relevant to the page.

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 By: MaureenP Member since: Mar 28, 2016
  7. fisicx

30,571 8,974
    Not a lot of point in doing this if you want to improve your ranking. Use the meta description to write a mini sales pitch not to promote your keywords

Posted: Apr 16, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  8. Johny Paul

Johny Paul UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2 0
    Title always should focus the main keyword, although description is not that much important. Title is the most important thing to focus keyword.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 By: Johny Paul Member since: Jun 4, 2018
  9. fisicx

30,571 8,974
    That’s incorrect. The description is very important if google searches are part of your marketing strategy.

And the focus keyword is no use in isolation.

Posted: Jun 8, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  10. Khurram Aziz

Khurram Aziz UKBF Contributor Free Member

45 5
    Yep, titles are still important, try and get your keywords in there

Posted: Jun 9, 2018 By: Khurram Aziz Member since: May 16, 2018
  11. StevePoster

StevePoster UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

954 138
    I prefer less keyword focus in the title and description and more on the searchers intent.

Posted: Jun 14, 2018 By: StevePoster Member since: Nov 29, 2013
  12. OliviaCaitlin

OliviaCaitlin UKBF Contributor Free Member

35 4
    Yes your title is the identity of your content. i prefer to insert focus keyword both in the title and description. The other things which matter for ranking a content is the keyword density in the cotent and it should be below 2% and using LSI keyword as a substitute for my keyword in the content.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 By: OliviaCaitlin Member since: May 31, 2018
  13. fisicx

30,571 8,974
    @OliviaCaitlin there is no such thing as an LSI keyword. LSI is a process.

And keyword density stopped being a thing years ago.

Posted: Jun 18, 2018 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  14. Zulfi

Zulfi UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    It improves the visibility when you add the keyword in your title tag and result in Google search. Focus keyword can be added in both title and meta description.

Posted: Jun 27, 2018 By: Zulfi Member since: Jun 27, 2018
  15. ebiztrait

ebiztrait UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 2
    Hi,
    It is always a good practice to target your keyword in Title Tag. It is also advisable to identify and target high search volume keyword in both Title and Meta Description as well.

Posted: May 9, 2019 By: ebiztrait Member since: May 8, 2019
  16. fisicx

30,571 8,974
    Why? What if you are targeting a niche, low volume keyword?

Posted: May 9, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  17. aidan1980

aidan1980 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,281 149
    incorrect, if the phrase isn't on the page you most probably won't rank for it, if you just repeat the phrase over and over and have 100% density you won't rank for it either. you can easily over cook it so it is a thing

Posted: May 9, 2019 By: aidan1980 Member since: Jan 16, 2008
  18. fisicx

30,571 8,974
    Why incorrect? I didn't say not to use a keyword, I just said there is no such thing as keyword density. This can mean you just need a single occurrence in the title. That being said, you no longer always need an exact match keyword on the page. Google has got quite clever at extracting meaning from the content. This means you can rank for synonyms and on occasions where the search phrase bears no resemblance to the content on your page - usually when information is sought rather than a product or service.

Posted: May 9, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  19. Tin

Tin Just an SEO Staff Member

5,845 1,607
    Generally I always put the focus keyword (very often it's a phrase and not a single word) on the left hand side of the title area and use verbatim text too. Sometimes I'll repeat one of the keywords from the phrase a second time if I feel it's required and I'll place that over towards the right hand side, followed by an incentive to tempt the reader to click my result.

In the meta description I sometimes have the keyword phrase in verbatim form, sometimes not but I always ensure that whether the keyword phrase is a two word, three word phrase or longer, I would include each word in the phrase but never in verbatim form.

Most of the description is used as a sales pitch to get the reader to click so I don't think of the meta description area as a means towards rankings, more an opportunity for a decent sales pitch.

Example below.

[​IMG]
    Hope that helps.

Ray

Posted: May 9, 2019 By: Tin Member since: Nov 14, 2005
  20. aidan1980

aidan1980 UKBF Ace Free Member

1,281 149
    "why incorrect?" didn't you read what I wrote? I gave you examples. you made an error, move one. there isn't a magic 2% figure but you can under cook it and certainly over cook it so it hurts you, so again. it is a thing

Posted: May 9, 2019 By: aidan1980 Member since: Jan 16, 2008