What are your must have plugins?

Discussion in 'Wordpress Support' started by stender, Aug 24, 2018.

1. BuildAWebsite

BuildAWebsite UKBF Newcomer Full Member

9 0
    WordPress blocks are not capable of creating completely customisable and dynamic layouts. It's not that advanced yet. Plus - me personally. I can't stand Gutenburg...

Sure, I understand what customers pay me to do. I'm telling other people on this forum what plugins are useful for them to use. Not every one has a developer who will do these things for them when their website launches. The plugins I've provided are good go-to plugins and fix common issues which are often overlooked.

There's nothing in that PDF which makes me believe that Yoasts focus keyword sends you in the wrong direction. I've got years of experience in SEO (as I'm sure you do too) and when used correctly Yoast can be an invaluable SEO plugin for WordPress.

Seems from your responses you're looking for a debate... unfortunately I don't have time, we'll just have to agree to disagree....

Last edited: Sep 10, 2019
    Posted: Sep 10, 2019 By: BuildAWebsite Member since: Sep 10, 2019
  2. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Full Member

2,452 583
    Here's what I have,

AMP for WP - Accelerated Mobile Pages for WordPress

Classic Editor

Contact Form 7

FeedWordPress

Flamingo

Google Analytics

Google XML Sitemaps

LiteSpeed Cache

Meks Flexible Shortcodes

NextScripts: Social Networks Auto-Poster

PHP Everywhere

Redirection

Redux Framework

Shortcoder

The SEO Framework

I could probably trim some out.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

32,406 9,582
    Not at all.

It's just that you said ACF is a must have plugin. While it might be good for some many sites just don't need that sort of complexity. If you are just blogging about knitting or have a simple Woo site then ACF is redundant.

As to Yoast, you said it yourself: "I've got years of experience in SEO (as I'm sure you do too) and when used correctly Yoast can be an invaluable SEO plugin for WordPress.". Most customers don't have that sort of experience and will just try to make their site go green. When what Google wants is a more holistic approach. If you bin Yoast people will focus more on writing content than the traffic lights and get a much better site as a result.

But as you say, we shall just agree to disagree. You will discover more SEO arguments on UKBF than anything else.

Posted: Sep 10, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. gpietersz

gpietersz UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

888 195
    People often tell me the poor reputation Wordpress has for security is undeserved because Wordpress is now reasonably secure and its plugins and themes that cause most vulnerabilities.

If you have a long list of "must have" plugins, how secure is a site with those going to be? Its also going to be slow.

Posted: Sep 11, 2019 By: gpietersz Member since: Sep 10, 2019
  5. Ecommerce-Help

Ecommerce-Help UKBF Contributor Free Member

42 5
    Wordfence is a must have for me.

Posted: Jan 13, 2020 By: Ecommerce-Help Member since: Jan 7, 2020