What are you currently struggling regarding fitness or nutrition?

Discussion in 'Market Research' started by Damir87, Jan 29, 2020.

1. Damir87

Damir87 UKBF Newcomer Full Member

5 0
    Let me first define one concept, a job-to-be-done. Each of us has jobs-to-be-done during a day. When we find that we need to get a job done (example: write a report, go to point A to B, get some coffee etc), we "hire" products or services to do it.

I am curious, those who have goals like getting fit, losing weight, muscle gain, improve nutrition, what a job-to-be-done you have that other fitness brands or companies are not addressing well at the moment?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: Damir87 Member since: Jan 27, 2020
  2. Gordon - Commercial Finance

Gordon - Commercial Finance UKBF Ace Free Member

2,537 895
    All of these things are not something a fitness brand or company should be addressing - it’s a “job to be done” for me, not anyone else

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: Gordon - Commercial Finance Member since: Jun 26, 2017
  3. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,991 10,096
    You might. I don't.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  4. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

5,569 1,993
    Run six miles most mornings and don't eat no fat boy food but if I did not enjoy the training then I would just eat pastys and drink Devon cider

I have no goals at my age I just enjoy the training but I have a lifetime of it and like to pass some knowledge on as well .

I have found the perfect brands for me
    Soucouny . Shoes
    Nike Dri fit for clothing
    Science in Sport for nutrition and supplements

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  5. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

27,257 3,345
    Strangely those appear for the past 48 years to have been done by me, not by brands or companies.

Perhaps these brands and companies don't advertise themselves well enough to be noticed?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  6. TMark

TMark UKBF Contributor Free Member

46 4
    Bit of an odd one this, but I'm currently cutting out processed sugar. Trying to get through the 2-week (or so) sugar withdrawal period until those gut nasties die off and the sugar cravings finally stop. There isn't really anything I'm aware of that helps with the short-term increase in cravings and general mood/restlessness issues. I've got the end date marked on my calendar, but I don't know... an app or something with suggestions of alternate foods? Some other motivational content? A reminder of the harm sugar does? Just an idea.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: TMark Member since: Feb 25, 2017
  7. SesO

SesO UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 6
    Great question. I've started the Andy Rammage one year no beer challenge. It starts with a 28 day challenge and it gradually builds up from there. I'm not sure how I can stay away from alcohol, any ideas? I've heard that you burn alcohol before carbs and those are both before fat. Is that true?

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: SesO Member since: Nov 6, 2019
  8. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

27,257 3,345
    Staying away from alcohol? Not drinking it would be a start.
    Easier said than done as some alcoholics will testify.

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  9. Gordon - Commercial Finance

Gordon - Commercial Finance UKBF Ace Free Member

2,537 895
    There’s one right here to testify to that! 29 days sober so far...

Posted: Jan 29, 2020 By: Gordon - Commercial Finance Member since: Jun 26, 2017
  10. Millerd

Millerd UKBF Contributor Full Member

40 9
    Been doing the same and still after 3 months haven't quite come to terms with sugarless coffee and tea!

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 By: Millerd Member since: Feb 24, 2019
  11. Bluejen84

Bluejen84 UKBF Regular Free Member

114 36
    Just cut to the chase and make fat burning chocolate that tastes like normal chocolate. I want to have my cake and eat it!

Only bit of equipment that's going to help me is an electric collar! Bzzzzz don't eat that

Posted: Apr 3, 2020 By: Bluejen84 Member since: Feb 25, 2020
  12. Limited100

Limited100 UKBF Contributor Full Member

76 15
    I do a 5k hill run once or twice a week, and do 1 long distance cycle per week.

I like the idea of something smaller than a fitbit, ideally as small and light as possible that you can take with you that isn't a watch or phone.

Posted: May 14, 2020 By: Limited100 Member since: May 1, 2020
  13. AlasterCook

AlasterCook UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 1
    I already started working to keep myself and safe. Though I already lost about 8kg within 2 months. I think that the best practice is to walk every day for about an hour in order to keep yourself fit and lose weight. Anyone can easily do that without dieting or using anything.

Posted: Oct 26, 2020 By: AlasterCook Member since: Oct 23, 2020
  14. Kevin Joseph

Kevin Joseph UKBF Contributor Free Member

33 3
    To me, its building strength & agility instead of just "looking" fit & it does seem like a fairly large servicable market. Most fitness companies simply focus on appearance is what i personally feel

Posted: Nov 20, 2020 By: Kevin Joseph Member since: Sep 1, 2020
  15. AlasterCook

AlasterCook UKBF Newcomer Free Member

18 1
    Yeah, you are right. Mental strength is highly needed.

Posted: Dec 10, 2020 By: AlasterCook Member since: Oct 23, 2020
  16. Joseph K

Joseph K UKBF Contributor Free Member

42 5
    Try Vivofit 4 from Garmin.

Posted: Jan 2, 2021 By: Joseph K Member since: Oct 18, 2020
  17. Instamixes

Instamixes UKBF Contributor Free Member

55 5
    Not at all, I am not struggling regarding fitness or nutrition.

Posted: Jan 16, 2021 By: Instamixes Member since: Sep 12, 2019
  18. Naheed Mir

Naheed Mir UKBF Regular Free Member

111 11
    The first thing and the most important is to watch your diet. This is one of the secret, no matter your activity level. Along with the diet, I will suggest drinking plenty of water each day to keep yourself hydrated and gives a big boost to your metabolism. Moreover, make a habit of walking at least for half an hour.

Posted: Jan 27, 2021 By: Naheed Mir Member since: Aug 10, 2020