Website Review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Status Tracker, Aug 21, 2019.

1. Status Tracker

Status Tracker UKBF Contributor Full Member

33 2
    Hi All,

Following on from some recent advice on here we have rebuilt our website and would really appreciate your thoughts on it.

The address is: statustracker.co.uk

Thanks,

Tom

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 By: Status Tracker Member since: Aug 6, 2019
  2. jacobc

jacobc UKBF Regular Full Member

241 43
    I like it, nice and clean :)

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 By: jacobc Member since: Jan 28, 2012
  3. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

4,907 1,318
    Looks a lot better...

One thing I'm confused with though... Purchase orders - even though this is the demo, why doesn't it show me costings? If I'm the "admin" I'd want to see everything... including costings.

I get it for the engineer's side, an engineer logged in wouldn't need to see costings, to be honest they wouldn't need to see the quotes either...

I still think that you're pricing is wack... I mean, C'mon... 1 user for £19.99 a month... the industry that you're aiming the product at will not have one user... they'll want it to be at least 3-5 users... so straight away the first package is redundant... and £99.00 a month isn't going to wash either, sorry... you need to licence it

If anything... £750.00 + VAT annual cost would most probably bring them in. it's not a lot to think about based on an annual basis... but monthly will just make them go nah, we'll carry on as we are and won't even entice them in.

With regards to the users though... the 2-5 is that plus admin or without admin?

I also think that the two lower costs should be along the lines of

up to 3 users £49.00

up to 5 users £99.00

If we were in the market for a package like this (as stated earlier in my other post, we've just paid for CASH)... I'd be more inclined to go with the 1-3 users at £49.00 rather than the 1 user and then jumping to the 5 users if I needed it.

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
    Posted: Aug 21, 2019 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,937 9,071
    Suppose I land on your site as a result of your marketing.

I own a small business with five blokes in vans out on the road doing stuff. I already use QuickBooks or Sage or something which means I can already do quotes and invoicing and my accountant has everything he needs.

All I want from you is a way to track and task my staff.

I've logged into the demo and the UX isn't good. Looked at the dashboard on my PC and saw the calendar. On my tablet there is no calendar.

I looked at one of the events and the page layout didn't really work on any device.

I wanted to add some parts to order and expected to be able to click on the box and edit. Same as some of the other boxes. There are no formatting options in the editor. For example, I would like to show the parts as a list and embolden the important ones.

I went back to the calendar and wanted to add a new entry but there isn't that option.

Do some more work in the UX and information flows and the engineer tracking part might be useful.

Integrate with popular accounting packages and it becomes more useful.

£199/month for a system to tell me when Bob has finished cleaning out the gutters on number 7 Acacia Avenue seems expensive.

Posted: Aug 21, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. Status Tracker

33 2
    Thank you :)

6. Status Tracker

33 2
    I have fixed the purchase orders not showing the pricing, I had accidentally disabled them on the demo.

Admin users are included in the number of users as you can create account types and specify their rights throughout the system, so it covers all types of users.

I see what you are saying about the pricing, we found it hard at the start to come up with a structure to try and cover all bases which is why we ended up where we did. I'll review that with my partner and look to simplify it.

Thanks again for your comments, really appreciate it.

7. Status Tracker

33 2
    In that case you would just disable the quotes and invoices in the user settings and no one would see those sections. We added quotes in as had a few requests from existing customers for the functionality and since adding it it has been well used. The invoices were added on recently and I agree they won't be as well used as other functions.

It's like that by design, as specified by the users using the system daily. On a desktop they want an overview of everything, on a tablet/mobile they want a different view.

Good shout, it makes sense to be able to do that so will add an editor to those inputs.

There should be a button to add an event or a job, what device were you on when you didn't get that option?

Definitley will look into this.

That's because you probably don't need to get sign off from the customer, provide them with a certificate or log any particular information about cleaning gutters. :) The system is aimed at companies that do need to gather all of that information from their site visits/jobs.

Thanks again for taking the time to have a look, all of the comments have been a great help.

8. Root 66 Woodshop

4,907 1,318
    So, let's say for instance someone purchased the 5 user deal... there are 5 users, does this mean that one is the admin?... if so, then if someone has 5 engineer's out on the road, you'd be forcing them up to the £199 a month package... which could be the downfall to the system... you're then going to limit your target market...

Or there are 5 users + the admin who creates the "user/account" type? which in essence would make more sense and not limit the market...

Therefore, going back to the pricing...

As a potential customer, I wouldn't be tempted by the 6-20 users so I'd be still looking around for a product best suited for my engineers and my pocket.

as I said earlier, you'd be better to sort out the breakdown of users before contacting anyone in the trade that you're after.

Get rid of the 1 user but make 2 additional packages...

I.E.

Up to 3 users + Admin Rights £49.00 PM

Up to 5 users + Admin Rights £99.00 PM

Up to 10 users + Admin Rights £149.00 PM

Up to 20 users + Admin Rights £199.00 PM

Up to 50 users + Admin Rights £349.00 PM

You'll probably see more 5 and 10 users than any of the others TBH doing it this way.

The 3 user package would be best suited for a growing company... and they would see the benefit more as they grow and would be happy to spend an extra £50 rather than annoyed that they have to spend the initial £99.00 up to 5 users... but then, you'll also get those that are looking to grow quickly, so they might start off with the £99.00 package...

Customers, like options... the current options you have are not the customer's options... but yours... if that makes any sense? :)

9. Status Tracker

33 2
    Yeah that makes a lot of sense, and I like the idea about the admin account not being included in the number of users. I'll be discussing this with my partner ASAP and am pretty sure we'll be changing to a very similar structure to what you have suggested.

Great advice once again, thank you! :)

10. Root 66 Woodshop

4,907 1,318
    Good to hear...

You can send my fee too...

:D

Joking apart though... is it possible to upload an editable engineer's docket to the product?

1. for storage
    2. for customers to sign
    3. to reduce paperwork.

is there a way of having a standard blank docket for the admin/user to fill in the blanks and add boxes?

Looking at the system you've got the "Ticket" - but that only gives a certain amount of information, therefore I would look upon that as a job/service requirement... what about service contracts, where an engineer visits X and performs X tests to ensure the system is up to standard...

For example, an automated gate must be serviced twice a year for high traffic and once a year for low traffic sites... so, we'd need a manintenance docket to be able to be signed once the maintenance contract has been performed...

the same as automated doors, whether sliding or swing operated... Roller shutter maintenance, barriers etc etc.

Have you contacted anyone like the ADSA or DHF, MLA or SSAIB to see what kind of documentation you should be adding as standard?

Last edited: Aug 21, 2019
  11. Status Tracker

33 2

I have my own pricing structure suggestion for that... ;)

There is a form builder so that you can create your own forms, certificates, records etc for just that. They are assigned to job types and will then be automatically available for all jobs of that type. The builder is a bit clunky at the moment so we are in the process of improving it.

One of our users is a security company and they have built lots of forms such as system checks for sign off which the engineers can fill out on site.

12. Root 66 Woodshop

4,907 1,318
    A bit clunky?

Sorry, but it's awful... You could do with a way of uploading a prepared EXCEL or word document that most companies will already have... and then saving that as the assigned job type documentation... after all each and every registered company with one of the previously mentioned will already have dockets provided by them to fill in... so it would make sense to have them pre-built ready to go - or as I've mentioned, an up-loadable area for documents/dockets/maintenance log books etc.

Ohh... there's another possible idea for you... OUR customers could have a login area to fill in their weekly maintenance scheduled or report faults to us...

Hmm...

there's another idea worth a dollop :D

13. Status Tracker

33 2
    Clunky/awful... same thing. :) Like I say that is in development so should be done soon.

Files can already be uploaded to a job or customer and the tickets section allows you to create logins for your customers to be able to login and log service requests etc.

14. fisicx

30,937 9,071
    So sell the basic version with just the job tracking and offer upgrades with all the invoicing options.
    I get that. It's just it doesn't look good. This is what I see:
    [​IMG]

15. Status Tracker

33 2
    Ah ok, yeah I see what you mean, I’ll get that sorted.

I don’t want to go down the road of having extra modules and charging extra as it would just get too complicated having packages within packages.

16. fisicx

30,937 9,071
    And this is the view from my phone:
    [​IMG]

17. fisicx

30,937 9,071
    Not really. I do this with one of my products and it's far more lucrative. I earn more from the bolts-ons than I do from the core product.

18. Status Tracker

33 2
    What is the product if you don't mind me asking? I think with our system there are quite a few modules now so it's going to be a pain for people to spec what they want and figure the price out.

19. fisicx

30,937 9,071
    It's the plugins I create. I've discovered you hide away some features and people come back and upgrade. And then they ask for new features for which they pay.

A single download can generate £100+ in adds-ons.

20. Status Tracker

33 2
    I had the wrong column size on that view so should be better now. :)