Website Review

Discussion in 'Website Reviews & Testing' started by Penelope Dunlop, Jun 20, 2019.

1. Penelope Dunlop

Penelope Dunlop UKBF Newcomer Full Member

27 5
    Bloody hell, thanks!

When did you last look? Haven't I added what I am targeting people with, ie in relating to past experience, which was suggested by Victoria.

I'm offering too many services .... I was told to do that with a page for each, which I've done! They are all services that I can competently carry out thank you very much otherwise I wouldn't be offering them!

I have been completing VAT returns and running a payroll for 13 years, it's actually not rocket science when you use the right package, so I know what I'm doing!

Marketing assistance was removed very early this morning, as I'm obviously rubbish at it!

I very much know what I'm doing, but maybe in your eyes I'm not conveying it that well!

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 By: Penelope Dunlop Member since: Jun 19, 2019
  2. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,902 1,029
    I wasn't suggesting you don't know what you are doing, I was suggesting your website doesn't convince visitors you know what you are doing. The reason it doesn't convince them, is because you still don't know how to convince them, because you are still messing about with the website when you should be sitting down with paper and pen and working out a strategy.

You may have sorted a page for each service, but only in a way that a kid who is forced to do their homework. You've done the bare minimum and not a single thing more. Consider yourself told off. :)

Posted: Jun 27, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  3. Penelope Dunlop

27 5
    Ok, so I've listened to what you've all been telling me and I've tried to understand what it is that I'm supposed to do .... am I on the right track now (I'll hide under my desk and await the onslaught)?

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 By: Penelope Dunlop Member since: Jun 19, 2019
  4. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,902 1,029
    You are certainly heading in the right direction. Every incarnation is better than the last. You'd lose me by not having a question mark after your second paragraph though.

I'll have a proper look later.

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  5. Penelope Dunlop

27 5
    Well spotted! It should definitely be there and thank you x

Posted: Jul 1, 2019 By: Penelope Dunlop Member since: Jun 19, 2019