Website marketing course £40 - North West - MMU Business School

Discussion in 'Events' started by maruby, Mar 26, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. liams7

liams7 Contributor

826 114
    I have been reading this and its just funny. No £40 is not alot but if he wants to share a little knowledge with some people for £40 let him. Lets be honest about it some people on here are just starting out and trying to make a living, If he gets 100 people at £40 im sure he will make a nice little bit of money.

Yes you are all right the strategy of going from £40 to £1400 is ludicrous and anyone who finds out will probably want to have long discusion with him about the increase. I know i would. 400 - 800 or something for time difference i can understand but 1360 difference is insane and why i would never go.

Although we as business people can see the flaws. He is an SEO expert - What does this really mean. Im sure there are alot of experts on here. All he is tryin to do is share his ideas. Why not let him get on with it.

Stop attacking his site. He isn't a web designer and maybe he hired a crap one but all he wants to know is if you want to go or not. If not then dont go.

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: liams7 Member since: Feb 21, 2008
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  2. Guest

0 0
    Can you old timers give this lad a break please?

He is young and keen!! - and has got out there and tried to start this up!!
    All of you had to do that once upon a time.

I have just come back from business startup exhibition where i spent a few hours talking to newbies.

ANd the reality is, they dont need ( and would not be able to handle) a professional SEO course, the likes of tin could produce.

They need bog standard nuts and bolts - explained at a level where newbies can understand

This course will succeed or fail , not on the content since it isnt aimed at the high flying world, It will succeed on the OPs ABILITY TO PRESENT AND TEACH and not one of you can judge that unless yo uhave been there.

I have never seen so much cold wate poured on the brave attempt of a newcomer.

He needs your support!!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: Member since: Jan 1, 1970
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  3. Gabriel Topman

Gabriel Topman UKBF Newcomer

17 0
    I realize now that pricing the event at £1,400 or even £400 might be getting the attention of Oldies in this industry when they are not my target.

You are absolutely right, and summed everything up in your feedback, the take up of the workshop hadn’t been that great, but those who have attended has found great value in it.

I welcome your ideas for future events, the idea is simply to get small businesses to appreciate the importance of search queries and treat it as a potential customer enquiry rather than simply traffic.

This is hoped to help improve business relevance of SEO/SEM and ideally improve conversion rates.

If I am wrong then let me know. I have pretty much given away the outcome of my workshop here, so you are free to bring business my way.

ü By the way – SEO Expert – really isn’t me. I joined to have that cleared up.
    ü I normally wouldn’t know where to start with these forums, I find it taking quite a bit of my time…

If I didn’t check what was being said about ‘Gabriel Topman’ online, I most likely wouldn’t have had the chance to defend my good name.

Your fair backing is very welcome and motivating, I am sure you are one of the best in the industry.

Thanks admagic :)

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: Gabriel Topman Member since: Apr 24, 2008
  4. stugster

stugster Contributor

9,348 2,080
    The only reason I'm at the top is because it's not a searched keyword??? I'm not a competitor... I thought you'd have worked that one out?

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: stugster Member since: Feb 1, 2007
  5. Gillie

Gillie Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

13,187 1,472
    You mean you agree that startups need to pay £400+ for this as was originally stated?? I can think of far better things they should spend their money on to start with!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: Gillie Member since: Apr 12, 2006
  6. Guest

0 0
    No gillie I dont mean that.

I mean he needs help and advice and support - explanations of what wont work and why - and ideas he might try instead.....and the kind of price that would make sense to both the presenter and those presented.

It seems to me people have been slating him, without giving him much advice.

A useful course might include

For example...just basic help on setting up a wordpress site - would be good...and make this a workshop ...where they all actually set up the site then and there,

and doing keyword and competition research.. for sure , some of this is covered elswewhere on the web - but the one on one help and ability to ask questions is valuale for a newcomer

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: Member since: Jan 1, 1970
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  7. Gabriel Topman

17 0
    I guess I was being overly generous, with the type of information I was planning on sharing.

I am like other here, an Internet Marketer who has found a need in SEO market and considering I have no problem with getting people to come to my website's I figure I will come in.

That is all,:cool:

I can be too generous at time (to ME - £1400 and £40 don’t make a difference – When I am just helping others)…

I realize to me value is in the eyes of the beholder and I shouldn't give away trade secrets for FREE. If it was free I would have still revealed the same information. Why because better understanding of SEO should yield better results.

ü Thanks for pulling me back a bit on price - I don't even want to reveal any more valuable ideas...
    ü I haven’t increased my price yet and I will not – on this occasion;
    ü It is just that some of the event’s I have been coming across offer the same stuff for that price.
    ü It cost me absolutely nothing but my precious time.

For those who wished they booked earlier, £400 is still a fair price and you are welcome to attend only.

The thread was clearly not posted by me – but it has certainly helped. Thank you everyone for your feedback.
    ü I wanted to help ‘people from the prince’s trust to learn how FREE SEO can be…
    ü The starting price £40 was to match some of their pocket size
    ü Normally I would make it FREE, emphasizing importance of getting involved or getting consultation support or Sell it at £400 and give more
    ü Off cause I can’t give everything in a couple of hours but I am genuinely trying to add value to others in the hope of appreciation and recognition which has back fired on this forum.
    ü I am a business man too, just Testing to get the price right and I thinks £400 + is a way to go. Sorry if you feel like you lost out it was just a LUCKY booking from Tin

Thank you again for your feedback :)

8. Gabriel Topman

17 0
    I will turn the workshop into a group discussion session where newbies and more experienced business men and women can bring their own questions or simply network. the event will be what ever you want to gain from it.

Ideas are welcomed

- I should probably have done this earlier:cool:

9. Gabriel Topman

17 0
    What would you sugest that startups spend their time on - then?
    "one of your products - or events"

What are your objectives?

10. Gillie

Gillie Verified Business ✔️
    Contributor

13,187 1,472
    Totally wide of the mark there Gabriel!! And out of line!!

Startups in their various forms need very often to priotise their money and spend and to pay £400 for a course that is widely available on line already for free, to me, and guess I might just be rather thick here ... a waste of that valuable thing called money!!!!

Perhaps for an existing business that has been around for a while and needs a course on seo then yes such a price might be acceptable to them, as they can budget for it and understand where it can get them, but not for startups!!

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: Gillie Member since: Apr 12, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. An Oasis

An Oasis Contributor

9,899 1,683
    Forgotten I was part of this thread.

Not a skeptic, fully aware of how important SEO is to our marketing mix. 90% of of marketing time and spend is net based and is increasing more so year on year. The main site is about to undergo a big transformation as a result.

Very true however, I am a hater of the American jargon/sales pitch, it instantly alienates me and was what prompted my criticism of the title. Lots of big promises for very little money...if the information is quality info then the pricing structure should have reflected that. As for the early bird bit ,yawn, exclusivity e.g. a high price tag for a small exclusive audience would have been a better pitch IMO.

As for comments about startups spending £400 for quality information a small price for them to pay in my eyes. £400 buys you a couple of fairly crappy small print ads...

Posted: Apr 28, 2008 By: An Oasis Member since: Oct 3, 2006
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Gabriel Topman

17 0
    I think- maybe, I haven’t explained the benefits and features of the work shop well enough, but here is an example:

Businesses who are offering solutions for "hair loss" will better understand that baldness, grow hair, or Trichology, is not really the most useful approach to get a 1st page ranking on Google search results.

13. Gabriel Topman

17 0

That is an excellent feedback, I was starting to get frustrated with the response for the SEO workshop, I just wanted to share valuable information with people who want it.

• It is not too late to book your place and tell other like minded businesses about the workshop.
    • the next one is on Wednesday 30th of April,
    • Only a handful of people will be attending due to the short notice.
    • No catch, just hands on support from me and email support will be a bonus.
    • Although it wasn't planned well in advance it is still a good opportunity to hear what I have to say. Even send me some questions in advance after booking your place.
    PLEASE if you know someone who will be interested in coming along, kindly invite them.

YOU ARE WELCOME TO BOOK YOUR PLACE: :)

The initial ideas were simply to support the Prince’s Trust associates and encourage small businesses that need it. But it appears I have learnt the hard way that I should offer things like this to those who want it.

Please suggest some topics you would like covered if possible on the event if you are coming – Just 1 day and 4 hours to go.

Warm Regards,
    Gabriel :)

14. Mark-UK

Mark-UK Contributor

418 8
    How did this go?

Posted: May 19, 2008 By: Mark-UK Member since: Jan 8, 2007
  15. Mark-UK

Mark-UK Contributor

418 8
    That good then lol.