Web hosting recommendations

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by ecommerce84, Jul 11, 2019.

1. webhostuk

webhostuk UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,371 166
    TSOHost you might be using Cpanel hosting, are you looking for dedicated or shared hosting? Other things are quit possible including migration. Most of the host provide 30 days moneyback, best would be shortlist few host, check there reviews, try to contact support to get the anwers you are willing to get. Once you are satisfied you can select the best option that fits your requirement.

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 By: webhostuk Member since: Jul 26, 2009
  2. Mike Hayes

Mike Hayes UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,004 257
    In contrast I would strongly recommend the OP does not run their production websites on unmanaged servers unless they:
    • have experience in web server administration;
    • are comfortable setting up suitable monitoring;
    • are happy to respond to potential issues 24/7/365;
    • are comfortable creating and testing suitable backup procedures; and
    • are willing to spend more time on their hosting set up, rather than working on their core business.
    To name just a few important differences between a managed and unmanaged service.

If shared hosting is not good enough (and there are fair reasons to avoid shared hosting) then I would recommend a fully managed server from a managed service provider.

Posted: Jul 27, 2019 By: Mike Hayes Member since: Jan 7, 2016
  3. Elle Rish

Elle Rish UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 1
    If you are to use VPS, I can also recommend you IOZOOM. Cheap VPS starting at $5 for high availability and automatic failover. Ranked one of the best cloud SSD VPS hosting provider.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 By: Elle Rish Member since: Aug 2, 2019
  4. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

30,593 8,983
    Not according to all the comparisons I've just looked at.

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  5. AllUpHere

AllUpHere UKBF Ace Free Member

2,999 1,068
    Well if you are going to let facts get in the way, we may as well all leave this forum now. :D

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 By: AllUpHere Member since: Jun 30, 2014
  6. Jacky Nikson

Jacky Nikson UKBF Newcomer Free Member

12 0
    There are several hosting providers created exactly for WordPress and WooCommerce:
    • Bluehost
    • DreamHost
    • Kinsta
    • WP Engine

Posted: Aug 5, 2019 By: Jacky Nikson Member since: May 28, 2019
  7. crackerjackcommerce

crackerjackcommerce UKBF Contributor Free Member

38 0
    Hi, we use Simple Servers for main sites and Vultr for custom play projects. Simple Servers customer support and uptime is very good IMHO.

Recently we have been recommended both: Green Geeks and Stable Host (we have not used them ourselves).

Bluehost I am also aware of as it appears to come up on lots of blogs relating to WordPress.

Posted: Aug 9, 2019 By: crackerjackcommerce Member since: Aug 1, 2019
  8. Karl M

Karl M UKBF Newcomer Free Member

20 0
    If you need to host a static website (I use it for affiliate pages) - it's nothing better than AWS. You can host all your 10 domains for $1/year or something. But you can host Wordpress also, but it will cost more.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 2:59 PM By: Karl M Member since: Jul 5, 2019
  9. Mike Hayes

Mike Hayes UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

1,004 257
    AWS can make even the simplest tasks complicated to perform, it's a whole new platform to learn. A better solution if you only want to host static websites and need something very low cost is Netlify. Uses AWS infrastructure, costs nothing and can be as simple as dragging and dropping your website onto the Netlify tab in your browser.

Posted: Aug 20, 2019 at 3:31 PM By: Mike Hayes Member since: Jan 7, 2016
  10. Kavara

Kavara UKBF Newcomer Free Member

8 0
    Check out this hosting: Hetzner dot com
    It's a German hosting that have starting plans from € 1.60 domen and SSL included!
    I would post you a link but I don't have 30 posts to do it...

Posted: Aug 23, 2019 at 9:45 PM By: Kavara Member since: Aug 23, 2019