Web Company Bucks the Recession with 10th Birthday Celebrations

Discussion in 'Press Releases' started by nsdesign, Mar 9, 2009.

1. nsdesign

nsdesign UKBF Newcomer Free Member

206 3
    AWARD-winning NSDesign is celebrating 10 years in business with ambitious plans to see the company expand further over the next decade.

Managing Director Gary Ennis believes that surviving the original dot.com bust has stood him in good stead for facing the challenges of the year ahead.

Speaking at the company’s 10th birthday celebrations Gary paid tribute to the team at NSDesign and told why he believes the firm would continue with its success despite the current recession.

He said:

“For a small company like NSDesign, reaching a decade in business is a real milestone. I have no doubts whatsoever that our success is down to the dedication of the whole team involved in the business.

“When we started up back in 1999 the dot.com bubble was bursting and many companies didn’t survive. I think the reason we did is down to the quality of the service we provide. I think that in the current economic climate this focus on support and service will continue to be our strength. However, like any business we are nothing without our customers and I am delighted that our first ever customer – Simon Howarth of The Information Edge is still with us 10 years down the road. “

Simon said

“I started up my own business just around the same time NSDesign was created. I am based in Preston but had been looking around for a company to meet our design and e-commerce needs.

“I found NSDesign on the internet, liked the look of the company and began working with the guys. A decade later I can honestly say that they are second to none when it comes to service and have not taken their eye off the ball once in the 10 years.”

The Hillington based company was named Outstanding Business in Renfrewshire (under 25 people) in 2008 – an accolade of which Gary is rightly proud.

He said:

“To receive that recognition was a fantastic achievement for us and a real boost to the team. Along with many other small businesses, we are facing a challenging time ahead but I believe that not only can we survive this, we can continue to build the business and develop it further over the next ten years.

“We are not about to sit still and rest on our laurels. Our plans for the future are to continue to provide first class service to our current customers and to raise the profile of the company to attract new business and ensure that the wider business community is aware of us and the work we can do.”

A controversial “work for free” day was held by the company at the end of 2008 and this has already led to some new orders.

Gary said:

“The work for free day was an innovative idea one of our team suggested and it has paid dividends for us so far. We got some decent follow-on paid work from it but more importantly we got the name out there to other business and gave them a taster of the quality of our work. We will continue to look at other innovative opportunities like this in the months to come.”

Notes to editors

For further information on this release please contact Kate McCheyne at the BIG Partnership on 0 141 333 9585/07766076469 [email protected] or Ashley Stevenson on 0141 333 9585/07919577739 [email protected]

About NSDesign

NSDesign, which is based at the Hillington Innovation Centre, provides internet solutions with a wide range of web design, domain registration and hosting products for its customers who include Greenock Morton FC, The Lighthouse (Scotland's Centre for Architecture and Design) and Highland Spring.

The company was recently named the Outstanding Performing Company (under 25 employees) in Renfrewshire at the annual Renfrewshire Chamber of Commerce (ROCCO) Awards.

NSDesign has been helping businesses and organisations maximise their success online since 1999.

The focus is strongly on accessibility and usability, providing the tools to empower users with full control over their account, backed by in-house expertise to rely upon when required.

Find out more about NSDesign at http://www.nsdesign.co.uk

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 By: nsdesign Member since: Aug 31, 2006
  2. i234i

i234i UKBF Ace Free Member

2,284 242
    Well Done Garry!

Didnt know Ns was glasgow based.

Posted: Mar 9, 2009 By: i234i Member since: Jul 16, 2007
  3. i234i

2,284 242
    ** Gary! :(

4. nsdesign

206 3
    LOL.. 2 r's!!! Outraged!!!

Thanks for the congrats, and yes - Glasgow based! (Hillington actually - just outside!)

5. i234i

2,284 242
    other side from here - Lanarkshire!

6. nsdesign

206 3
    You planning on attending the "New Start Scotland" exhibition at the end of the month? If yes - come say hello - we're exhibiting! :)

Register for free tickets - it's on 27th and 28th March.

7. Dave Rilley

Dave Rilley UKBF Newcomer Free Member

4 0
    Weldone!

Frankly any company that has been operating online for 10 years deserves being congratulated!!!

Posted: Mar 11, 2009 By: Dave Rilley Member since: Mar 11, 2009
  8. i234i

2,284 242
    i went to new start last year but didnt really find much that was any interest to me.. was a bit sick of the bands following and asking questions...and some of the people!

Posted: Mar 12, 2009 By: i234i Member since: Jul 16, 2007