General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Warehousing and fulfillment alternatives to Amazon FBA

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Tandbelle, Mar 13, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tandbelle

Tandbelle UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 0
    I am currently selling my own product designs, storing inventory at home and fulfilling myself as my products are small and easy to store. I have been invited to become a UK distributer for a product that I am very interested in that has an existing market (the US manufacturer are receiving UK enquiries). This product is a lot larger (1.5m long roll) and will require me to order 400 units, which is more than I can store at home. I have been looking at Amazon FBA and wondered what other good alternatives there are. I do intend to sell on Amazon but expect most of my sales to come direct from the website.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 By: Tandbelle Member since: Mar 13, 2019
  2. Martin Patfield

Martin Patfield UKBF Contributor Full Member

95 23
    There are hundreds of warehouse fulfilment companies out there.
    Some are cheap, some are ok, some are expensive.

You need to think about:

Cost of storage. - how many units will go on a pallet? How many pallets will be used?
    Cost of picking an item or an order.
    Cost of courier.
    Set up fees - making your system communicate with the warehouse system in order to automate data output.

Various companies have different price points and pricing mechanisms to put all of the above together essentially.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 By: Martin Patfield Member since: May 3, 2018
  3. anonuk

anonuk UKBF Regular Free Member

302 44
    Have a look at fulfilment crowd. They’re very reasonable.

Posted: Mar 13, 2019 By: anonuk Member since: Feb 27, 2014
  4. Mike Godwin

Mike Godwin UKBF Regular Free Member

121 25
    VA Distribution Swindon (Alan Walters) should be a very good fit for what you are describing. They are a small business with competitive prices and flexible service options. I've worked with them for several years and find them very good.

Posted: Mar 14, 2019 By: Mike Godwin Member since: Mar 27, 2018
  5. Lawson@CBF

[email protected] UKBF Regular Free Member

106 9
    Hi gang, Bit late to this post. But I run a fulfilment business and its very common for my competition (if you can call them that) to be lacking in social graces and poor in communication.

It's because of the ability to choose what opportunities suit their business. If they have their marketing right they are seeing a good volume of enquiries.

Not all warehouses are created equal and not all fulfilment services can fulfil your needs. Some products like alcohol require licensing larger volumes of daily orders need cash flow to cover the postage and courier costs. And most won't be able to cope with the scalability of growth.

As your orders grow your outsourced warehouse and fulfilment partner needs to be able to cope with the labour increases and space required to store and process your orders.

Obviously happy to help with any questions to steer your ecommerce and wholesale ships.

Posted: May 20, 2019 By: [email protected] Member since: Jun 30, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.