General Business Forum Brought to you by Salesforce

Warehouse theft

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by Lui, Nov 5, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lui

Lui UKBF Newcomer Free Member

13 0
    My warehouse was broken into, the thieves targetted electronics. The neighbours unit also had their vans and tools stolen. The thieves left using the key to the business park gates. From the camera footage, they must have been here before and likely are associated to a current/previous tenant.

I reported the theft to 101, only a forensic investigator came and took some footprints but apart from that the police haven't really said anything, they said they would get in contact in the next few days. This is my first experience of theft, I understand they aren't going to actively search but I am surprised how little communication I have had?

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 By: Lui Member since: Mar 16, 2015
  2. Mr D

Mr D UKBF Legend Free Member

26,259 3,212
    They'll take a statement at some point. Likely all that will happen unless someone confesses to the crime or someone recognises the people concerned.
    Don't expect much of the police unless catching in the act or the thieves being stupid.

Even attempted murder these days doesn't generate much response.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 By: Mr D Member since: Feb 12, 2017
  3. tony84

tony84 UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,856 1,086
    We had a pub 8 years ago. The thieves hid in some space above the toilets, it was like a loft but not that big.

The thieves must have been up there for a few hours at least.

The woman they sent to do foreniscs was not the smallest of ladies, she got up some step ladders looked in and then just did finger prints around the edges of the hole. We were trying to explain that they had been up there for hours so there is a good possibility that any human hair up there will be theirs because nobody had been up there for at least 3 years we had been in the pub.

She basically just said its unlikely there would be any and started to pack up. Basically she could not fit in the gap and had no intention of trying or getting anyone else in who could...not to worry eh, not her £8k they got away with! Still to this day I wish I had kicked the step ladders from under her.

That was before all the cut backs, so you probably have no chance of anything more than a crime reference number for the insurance.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 By: tony84 Member since: Apr 14, 2008
  4. Noah

Noah UKBF Ace Free Member

1,249 315
    Actually the cutbacks mean that people like this are no longer over-paid and therefore unable to feed themselves enough to remain "not the smallest of ladies", so would be able to perform a full inspection now.

Austerity is full of these little hidden benefits; you just have to look hard enough.

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 By: Noah Member since: Sep 1, 2009
  5. Root 66 Woodshop

Root 66 Woodshop UKBF Big Shot Free Member

5,139 1,389
    Upgrade your security with immediate effect, contact an SSAIB alarm installer and an MLA Locksmith to upgrade everything for you.

Get your alarm on a monitored system

Get your CCTV on a monitored system.

Get the landlord of the estate or the council to change the padlocks/locks on the gates

Posted: Nov 5, 2018 By: Root 66 Woodshop Member since: Nov 22, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.