Wanted – businesses to use our software FREE for life.

Discussion in 'Market Research' started by Angela Woodhouse, Nov 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,724 1,854
    4. inconsistent UI - Tickets have a Add Ticket on page - yet Projects dont only in header

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  2. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,724 1,854
    5. I didn't realise it wasn't instant setup apparently there is a queue - maybe that explains whyI can't see things like clients and settings. Seems weird to me, I'd expect to the work from the instant of confirmation.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
  3. Angela Woodhouse

Angela Woodhouse UKBF Newcomer Full Member

28 1
    Hi Alan,
    Thanks for taking the time to sign up and for your feedback.

Really valid and useful, we will add to the list of improvements.

Thanks again,
    Angela

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 By: Angela Woodhouse Member since: Nov 10, 2020
  4. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi Alan,
    Yes sorry we have already had similar feedback, we will work on improving our flow.

In the meantime, you should be up and running later this morning, once the team get up :).

It's very early days for us, we intend to make this process a lot simpler, thanks for your patience.

Thanks for the feedback, much appreciated.
    Angela

5. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

15,095 4,093
    In the UK it is hated because it implies everyone is in the US.

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  6. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    OK thanks,
    we have added it to the list of improvements

Angela

7. Newchodge

15,095 4,093
    Please could you explain what you mean by the word 'instance' as in "Your instance is set up and ready for you to use". It is not a useage that I am familiar with.

8. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi Cyndy,
    By instance we mean server.
    Thanks for the feedback, we will use the term server in future.

Hope this helps,
    Angela

9. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    In hindsight "your 123OFC installation" would be better.
    thanks again for the feedback,
    Angela

10. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

34,005 10,101
    The problem begins way earlier.

You need to make this clear on the website before anyone signs up. And then repeat in the emails. And then when they login.

The whole workflow needs rethinking. You are familiar with the product. Anyone visiting your website for the first time needs their hand holding through the whole process.

Treat everyone like an idiot. Assume they know nothing.

For example, some won’t even understand what ‘client’ means, they use the word ‘customer’

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  11. Newchodge

15,095 4,093
    I have gone to the project area, intending to add a project. There is nothing intuitive about the screen so I have tried the user guide. Under the project article it tells me that I can srt up a new project using the add project button. Good idea, but there is no such button.

12. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi fisicx
    thank you for your feedback. I think we have got the point now that the onboarding workflow is not good.
    We will work to improve it, its top of the list.

Thanks again,
    Angela

13. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi Cindy,
    did you follow the link in the email from Vickie to sign in to YOUR installation of 123OFC?
    I wonder if you are signed into the portal to OUR instance (where you registered and where you can see the installation progress)?

Yes we know its confusing as others have pointed out and we are working to improve it.

Feel free to drop a support query to the email that Vickie sent it may be quicker than posting on here. (I would post the email on here but don't have the rights.)

All the best, Angela

14. gpietersz

gpietersz UKBF Ace Full Member

1,868 450
    When I tried to sign up I got this message:

"Sorry, an error occurred during processing the action! Please try again later."

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 By: gpietersz Member since: Sep 10, 2019
  15. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi gpietersz,
    sorry, we took the email server offline for a couple of minutes, its back online now if you would like to try again.

Thanks for your patience and for your feedback,

Angela

16. Newchodge

15,095 4,093
    I won't bother, thanks. Followed the link and the password didn't work, went back to the email to read the bit I had missed about using the forgotten password to login (and, presumably get another password. There is far too much faff for the average person to bother. Please end my membership in case someone else wants a trial.

17. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi Cindy,
    Thanks very much for the time you spent and for your valuable feedback.
    You have been a great help.
    I'm sorry it didn't work out for you.

Thanks again, your account will be deleted.
    All the best,
    Angela

18. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    To anyone who is already, or may be, willing to spend some time to try this, please be assured that we have taken onboard all of the feedback so far, and are working to make the whole sign up and login process simpler. But like most things in life, this wont be a quick fix, so please bear with us.

If you can weather the perfect storm of a terrible landing page and awful sign up flow, we think you will find the beginnings of a powerful tool for your business.
    We are a small independent company that believe we have a great tool (or at least the makings of one), and would love you to help us shape it to what you need.

So if you want to be an influence in the development of this tool then please feel free to sign up, we really do value every point that is raised.

Thanks and have a great day,
    Angela

19. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

34,005 10,101
    The problem is, it doesn't seem to be any different to the tools I already use. some of it just doesn't seem to fit.

For example, invoices are an accounting function. I raise these using my accounting package. Your tool would be useful if the two were integrated.

The whole estimate form thing is just so clunky. When I estimate I put the breakdown in a table, top and tail with some blurb and send it off as an email. Easy. Takes me no time at all to create. I can't do that with yours.

I already have email, I don't need yours.

And there are a whole vload of other dashboard options I don't understand or need. Timecards for example.

About the only thing I need are projects. But it's so limited in functionality it's of little value. I can't attach documents, write notes, link to estimates, assign to a team, create tasks or any of the things a good project manager can do.

I've tried but it's just so clunky. And slooooow....

Posted: Nov 12, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  20. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi fisicx,
    thanks for your time testing this, all feedback is good feedback so thankyou.
    I'm surprised you couldn't add files to projects, nor add notes, link to estimates, assign a team create tasks etc? these are the basic functions of our tool.

if you have the time I would be happy to understand a bit more the problems you faced with this. but if not then thanks again for the time you have already spent, it means a lot to us.

We are working on integration with accounting packages, and would value your input on which ones you would recommend we integrate as a priority.

As far as estimate creation goes, the real benefit is in the creation of items that are re-useable in estimates and invoices. So maybe a little more time to create the first one, but time saved for subsequent? Anyway that was our thinking.

We know that there are things we can improve on, and thank you again for highlighting some of these to us.

All the best,
    Angela

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.