Wanted – businesses to use our software FREE for life.

Discussion in 'Market Research' started by Angela Woodhouse, Nov 11, 2020.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Angela Woodhouse

Angela Woodhouse UKBF Newcomer Full Member

28 1
    Hello and thanks for reading this.

We have developed software that we believe is great for day to day management of businesses of all sizes, we have done extensive testing, but we would love some real feedback from real users.

Therefore, if any of you would like to use our software, we would love to set you up with a free account for life! All we ask in return is that you give us the valuable feedback we need to continuously improve our software.

We hope some of you will take us up on this offer, and that we can help you while you help us.

Oh, by the way, in the event this opportunity is super popular (here’s hoping :)) we will limit these free accounts to the first 10 sign ups.

Our (very draft) landing page is here: - 123ofc.com , we know its not great yet, but it will be!

Feel free to sign up if you fancy being a key voice in the development of this tool to help other businesses.

All the best and thanks again,

Angela

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Angela Woodhouse Member since: Nov 10, 2020
  2. GraemeL

GraemeL Pain in the neck? Full Member - Verified Business

5,187 1,137
    At the moment you do not appear to be conforming to the requirements set out on gov.uk:-

On business letters, order forms and websites, you must show: the company's registered number. its registered office address. ... the fact that it's a limited company (usually by spelling out the company's full name including 'Limited' or 'Ltd')

When I click on 'About us' I am taken to the home page. If you want to impress new clients, you are not quite prepared yet.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: GraemeL Member since: Sep 7, 2011
  3. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi, thanks for the feedback, as I say the landing pages are very draft, we have not put much effort into them yet as we have been busy building the tool itself.

Thanks again we will of course ensure we have our company number listed and that the about us page actually exists. ;)
    Angela

4. Newchodge

Newchodge UKBF Big Shot Free Member

15,080 4,087
    It is not clear from the website what your software DOES.

Also, it is not clear how to sign up for a free account for life?

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Newchodge Member since: Nov 8, 2012
  5. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi Cyndy,
    Thanks for the feedback.
    I appreciate that it may not be clear how our tool does the things that we say on the site. it is something we have been struggling with to strike a balance between explaining the workings of the tool (which due to its abilities could overwhelm most visitors to the site) vs telling visitors what benefits it could bring and letting them try it to see if its right for them.

we will take your feedback onboard and try to build a deeper understanding of its abilities into the landing pages.

WRT how to sign up, just follow the link through the pricing page and we will contact you to set your account to free forever.

Thanks again,
    Angela

6. mattk

mattk UKBF Newcomer Free Member

2,494 912
    Your site has lots of stock photography, but no demos of your actual functionality.

The problem you face is that you make lots of claims about your tool's functionality, but you don't show me any of it. If I had a £ for every tool I've downloaded which didn't live you to it's promises, I'd have a private jet on 24 hour standby.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: mattk Member since: Dec 5, 2005
  7. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi mattk,
    thanks for your feedback. The images of the tool are not stock, they are actual screen grabs. but I know what you mean about lack of functionality demonstration. And yes some of the people shots are for the moment stock images, they will be replaced soon, but are currently placeholders to get some feel for how it could look.

I understand that there is some "download fatigue", I think many of us have the same feeling.
    We will work to improve the site, thanks again.

8. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi again, quick update, since we don't want to be non compliant, our company number is now included in the footer of each page. thanks for tipping us off on this potential no no, much appreciated.

9. fisicx

fisicx It's Major Clanger! Staff Member

33,986 10,094
    I've now had a look and like everyone else I'm not at all sure what you are offering.

I see a long list of things I get for my £39.95 but to be honest, I don't want most of them:

Unlimited Users
    Unlimited Clients
    Unlimited Projects
    Estimating Tools
    Invoicing Tools
    Expense Tracking
    People Management
    Client Managment
    Personalisation
    Google Drive Integration*
    Pusher Integration*
    Slack Integration*
    HTTPS domain*
    Support*

For example, My accounting software does invoices, I use AWS not Google drive, don't want slack, already got a website and the rest is no different to my current CRM.

What benefit to me is there moving from my current system to your unknown and untested system?

However, I did sign up (you email was flagged as junk) and signed in.

Hate the dashboard already. Where is the button to create a new project? Why icons instead of labels? Why is the font size so small? And it's still not at all clear what it gives me. I can't import a client list, can't integrate with me email system and all you seem to want to do is get me to pay for support.

Sorry, but I can't ever see me wanting to use something like this.

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: fisicx Member since: Sep 12, 2006
  10. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi fisicx,
    Thank you for your feedback, and thank you for taking the time to sign up. Like the take on the French company name by the way, very creative :) .
    Thanks again for noting that our welcome email went to your spam, valuable feedback..

Not sure if you read the mail, but the dashboard you log into is not your instance of the tool, it is just our portal where we will update you on the process of creating your server instance. At the moment this is a human operation, but will migrate to an automated method soon.

Vickie in support sent you a couple of chat messages in the portal , not sure if you saw them. maybe they are going to spam too.

I am sorry you hate the dashboard, of our portal. Surprised about font size problem.
    As to why there is no create project button etc, as I say the portal you are in is not your instance of the product, that is being set up for you now.

We do appreciate there are many tools around that do many of the things we can offer, what we hope is that our solution provides an integrated means to do many of these things in one tool.

Once again thanks for your feedback, its exactly what we are looking for,

All the best
    Angels

11. fisicx

33,986 10,094
    This is all very confusing. The dashboard looks like it's my portal - it's the one I logged into so I expected to be able to start work immediately. I don't ever want to see this dashboard. I only ever want to see my portal.

You really need to sort out your workflow. None of it makes any sense.

And the website needs so much work. As a full member you can get a website review.

Note: the notification emails don't have a subject. So they get flagged as spam. Which means I didn't know there were any messages.

12. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Thanks again,
    we will fix the workflow, we just had a chat about that and can see how confusing it could be.
    we will also fix the mail subject bug, thanks for the heads up.

And we know the website needs work, its a very early draft. So thanks again, we will make use of the review service.

All the best, Angela

13. Paul Kelly ICHYB

Paul Kelly ICHYB UKBF Legend Staff Member

5,805 829
    In the middle of the user menu your have Store - Can I set up a store or is it only for you to sell me something?

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Paul Kelly ICHYB Member since: Jan 21, 2008
  14. Paul Kelly ICHYB

Paul Kelly ICHYB UKBF Legend Staff Member

5,805 829
    You have just emailed me my account details with my password (that I created) in the clear!!!!!!!!!

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Paul Kelly ICHYB Member since: Jan 21, 2008
  15. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi consultant,
    firstly, thank you for taking the time to register, look forward to your feedback.

To answer your question, the store is a work in progress, and should have been switched off in our client portal. The good news however is that your instance will have the ability to sell items to your clients through the store (once beta testing is finished).

Basically the idea is that any items you add (which are currently used to generate estimates and invoices) can also be tagged to appear in the store. So say you have a service you regularly provide for a set fee, you could offer that via the store to your clients.

Thanks again for your feedback and trying it out.

All the best Angela

16. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Ahh, that should not have happened. :(I will get that fixed right now.
    Thank you for finding that.

17. fisicx

33,986 10,094
    I've got my portal set up. Went to add a client and it asks for state and zip. What are 'client groups'?

The dashboard could do with a lot of contextual help. Especially to define the terminology and how things are used.

For example, on a project you have progress showing a grey bar. What is this? how do a manage progress? Where is the column for status and so on.

So many things need review....

18. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    Hi fisicx,
    Hi fisicx,
    once again thanks for your feedback.
    contextual help is coming, in the meantime have you checked the help? go to help in your side menu and follow the user guide link.
    in response to your particular comments,

adding clients, yes there is a state and zip field, but not mandatory to add a client, or if you want to use county and postcode that's fine. We hope that businesses from all over will eventually be using our tool, so hence the state and zip terminology as it is quite universally accepted.

that being said, we will add it to the list of improvements to make terminology fit the regional settings.

Client groups can be set up in settings, they can be used to distinguish different groups of clients, for example we have a group called "free forever". If i were allowed to post links here i would point you to the relevant help file but if you look under the help and search for clients you will see how it works.

Project status is calculated by the number of tasks in the project which are completed. check out the help and look for projects.

Thanks again for your feedback, much appreciated.
    Angela

19. Angela Woodhouse

28 1
    OK should be fixed now. thanks.

20. Alan

Alan UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

6,724 1,854
    I'll do this as ai think about them

1. The add (+) button needs to be a lot more prominent - use colour and size
    2. all the icons need something to support accessibility ( aria or similar )
    3. all the icons need a hover context ( see how Facebook desktop handle 2 & 3 )

Posted: Nov 11, 2020 By: Alan Member since: Aug 16, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.