Wales Innovators Network (WIN) and Innovate Product Design

Discussion in 'Wales' started by primeoflife, Apr 5, 2010.

1. primeoflife

primeoflife UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 0
    Hello everyone, I hope you are all well.

I have started the ball rolling with a new product idea I have. My first port of call was the business link website where I found a lot of useful information about patents etc.

Having contacted Innovate Product Design to carry out an initial free assessment idea for me, they have given me the thumbs up to pursue it. They advise that the next step is conduct a patent search which they would be more than happy to do for me at a cost of £534.75 inc VAT.

In the meantime I have also been in touch with the Wales Innovators Network which are part of the Welsh Assembly Government and have a 1-1 meeting with them later this month.

Has anyone had any experience with these people, both Innovate Product Design and the people at W.I.N? Whilst I appreciate the patent search is a vital part in the whole process, I wonder if this is the going rate or a bit on the high side? Also although W.I.N are connected with the Welsh Assembly, the costs involved in getting your idea to market seem to be quite considerable. Are there any short cuts or is it best to go through these channels?

If you've reached this point, I applaud you. Thanks for taking the time to read my situation.

Posted: Apr 5, 2010 By: primeoflife Member since: Apr 5, 2010
  2. thebraangel

thebraangel UKBF Newcomer Free Member

1 1
    Hi, I came across your post re WIN, I have had a lot to do with WIN and product designers, I don't know how far you have gone, but it would take to much time to tell you all you need to know here, if you still need some advice then I will be more than happy to have a chat with you. I have been a member of WIN for 2 years now and have taken my own product to market in this time. If you still need a bit of advice please get in touch, you can go to the get in touch page on my website and email me from there, this will be better than me leaving me details here. Hope this helps, Scott [thebraangel.com] :)

Posted: Apr 13, 2010 By: thebraangel Member since: Apr 13, 2010
  3. innovator

innovator UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 1
    Hi there,

I am Head of Design for Innovate Design, so a little bias but just to give you our credentials:

Approved consultant provider to Business Link in London
    Established for nearly 10 years
    Helped over 500 innovators on the route to successful innovation
    Previous clients now selling in Harrods, Amazon, Lakeland to name a few
    Press coverage for clients on Radio 2, GMTV, BBC 1 and a range of magazines.
    Member of the IILP and IPI.

Feel free to contact the clients featured on our website for recommendation, or arrange to book a meeting to visit us in our London meeting room or at our Salisbury Studio.

Hope that helps!

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 By: innovator Member since: Apr 21, 2008
  4. Geoff T

Geoff T UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

5,604 1,261
    Is it me? Failing to see the "welsh" connection...:|

Posted: Jun 21, 2010 By: Geoff T Member since: Apr 30, 2009
  5. innovator

innovator UKBF Newcomer Free Member

27 1
    I agree. But I don't know of anyone doing what we do in Wales. Or in fact any nearer to Wales than Salisbury!

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 By: innovator Member since: Apr 21, 2008
  6. Williams lester

Williams lester UKBF Newcomer Full Member

2,251 343
    I take it you mean, apart from the Wales Innovators Network through WAG.

Posted: Jun 22, 2010 By: Williams lester Member since: Oct 16, 2008
  7. 800heerww

800heerww UKBF Newcomer Free Member

9 0
    Good company that can give helpful advice, but like all companies, milk people of money. usually around 25,000 before a person realise the idea is no good.

They will tell you a bad idea is good simply to make money, watch some of the people they sent onto the dragon's den, it isn't nice.

Posted: Jul 5, 2014 By: 800heerww Member since: Jun 29, 2014
  8. Jeff FV

Jeff FV UKBF Big Shot Staff Member

3,470 1,625
    @800heerww the last post previous to yours was 4 years ago.

Whilst it can sometimes be appropriate to resurrect an old thread, please check the date of the last post before posting (blue writing, bottom left corner of post) and consider whether it is worth replying to an old, dormant thread.

Many thanks

Posted: Jul 6, 2014 By: Jeff FV Member since: Jan 10, 2009