Vouchers

Discussion in 'Sales, Marketing & PR' started by muppetdave, Jan 22, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. muppetdave

muppetdave UKBF Contributor Free Member

89 22
    I'm looking for some arbitrary initial information about the success of voucher schemes. Admittedly I've not started research yet, so please don't pummell me if there is some good information I've not yet looked up!

I want to know a bit about the success of schemes - whether it's Nectar, Clubcard or whatever, equally important would be an understanding of smaller more local schemes if anyone knows of them?

Posted: Jan 22, 2009 By: muppetdave Member since: Oct 28, 2008
  2. Emily Caver

Emily Caver UKBF Newcomer Free Member

22 1
    1. Hello Man:
    You could consult eldis.org to a brief description for your research. Good Luck! Tell me if a may help you in something!
    Emily Caver
    Designer
    Tokyo

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 By: Emily Caver Member since: Jan 10, 2009
  3. paulhalsey

paulhalsey UKBF Newcomer Free Member

108 23
    I guess the success, or otherwise, of a voucher scheme depends on the product or service.

For me, selling capital equipment that runs in to the £thousands (photocopiers, production print systems etc) vouchers don't really enter the fray as a client may only make one purchase from me every 5 years and is considered loyal and regular!

On the other hand, I am a user of vouchers in the traditional retail environment - 50p off at Subways, 30p off the next Heinz Ketchup etc...there's always one or two of these in the wallet or glovebox.

There's a subtle difference between a voucher scheme (as above, Subways etc) versus a loyalty scheme (Nectar etc) as the loyalty requires longterm repeat purchases/store/website visits.

The nature of your business and product will dictate whether to go for one or the other, possibly a mix of the two.

Good luck...and get up close and personal with a good marketing/PR/fulfilment agency as these guys do this sort of concept realisation in their sleep!

Posted: Jan 23, 2009 By: paulhalsey Member since: Dec 2, 2008
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.