Voipfone vs Skype - review for business use

Discussion in 'General Business Forum' started by jonathanjohnson100, Feb 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jonathanjohnson100

jonathanjohnson100 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

23 2
    Sometime ago I posted and asked for an alternative to Skype
    Well, I got round to changing over a few weeks ago...
    I thought I'd post my review of Voipfone

- Absolutely *awesome*
    - Call quality is great
    - I only need inbound calls - cost me only £2 a month
    - I receive calls on my mobile connected to the broadband and have chosen not to have a hardware... so far, it's just been brilliant
    - One time, I took a call... the quality was a little crackly - I wasn't sure if that was my dodgy BT internet Infiniti connection or Voipfone - but that was only one call
    - Software setup on mobile: downloaded app, input my username and password - all setup and ready

VOIP IP phone: I used to be scared of this... it seemed such big meaningless words. LOL. Not anymore :)

Customer support: brilliant. Super helpful. Throughout, they answered every single question I asked with quick response + professional manner when spoken on the phone

I'll pay £1 more for other phone lines - so I can employ people elsewhere and they can take calls ad we can transfer calls between us - WOW!!

Skype: is powerful - they will destroy your business if you need to rely in incoming calls. I'm so glad I left them

Voipfone: keep up the good work :)

JJ

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 By: jonathanjohnson100 Member since: May 21, 2014
  2. KM-Tiger

KM-Tiger UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

9,761 2,602
    Yes, it's no competition really, only one is a business telephone service.

I do use Skype sometimes, but more for friends and family where we are happy to accept its limitation.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 By: KM-Tiger Member since: Aug 10, 2003
  3. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,440 3,068
    Glad you like it and thanks for the comments :)

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  4. godoit

godoit UKBF Regular Free Member

325 26
    Im just coming to the end of my 30 days and defiantly signing up with you CJD. again quality is superb and the fact voice mails get emailed to me is brilliant, It's so convenient when i'm in between meetings.

Posted: Feb 3, 2015 By: godoit Member since: Oct 8, 2014
  5. PaulThompson

PaulThompson UKBF Regular Free Member

394 43
    We must be over a year in now, no complaints at all - when we've had issues Voipfone have been able to sort them easily and quickly.
    We have a mix of desk phones and soft phones and apart from the occasional computer freeze everything works brilliantly!!
    5 Star recommendation from me!!

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 By: PaulThompson Member since: May 27, 2010
  6. cjd

cjd UKBF Legend Full Member - Verified Business

15,440 3,068
    Thanks for all the nice feedback guys - it's always a great feeling when people say nice things about you :)

We don't do any traditional marketing - we've never advertised and don't have a sales team, we rely entirely on recommendation and word of mouth so if any of you guys would like to add your comments to a review site too it would be nice!

http://www.reviewcentre.com/reviews182513.html

Ta :)

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 By: cjd Member since: Nov 23, 2005
  7. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,669 163
    been with voipfone for 1.5 years now. Brilliant service and very affordable. Perfect for small business like myself working from home where it would be prohibitive to fit a business landline in my house.

Just recently found your app which was absolutely fantastic. If I'm on the road I can set the office phone to divert to my mobile. Then after 5:30pm. I can disable the diverts and let the office phone ring and take messages.

Posted: Feb 4, 2015 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.