Visa Electron card payments

Discussion in 'Ecommerce Forum' started by gary, Oct 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    I seem to be getting a lot of Electron cards being declined by the banks - in fact I don't know of any Electron transactions that have gone through, though I haven't checked every transaction. Does anyone else have any problems with this? Worldpay say it's the banks that are the problem, but if none of them are being authorised, what's the point of us or Worldpay accepting Electron in the first place?

Gary

Posted: Oct 15, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  2. Toon

Toon UKBF Enthusiast Full Member

866 10
    As far as I'm aware taking Electronover the phone or via the net is a tricky business. The reason being that most Electron cards require it to be swiped or that a signature is needed meaning that a lot of those cards will be declined. I have only ever took 1 or 2 Electron payments and they have both been fine but I know many companies don't accept them because of this fact.

Posted: Oct 15, 2004 By: Toon Member since: Jul 17, 2004
  3. gary

gary UKBF Newcomer Free Member

807 3
    We don't have a problem accepting them, the banks just don't seem to want to process internet transactions. I'm thinking it may just be better not to have it at all because it just irritates people when their card keeps being declined.

Gary

Posted: Oct 21, 2004 By: gary Member since: Feb 9, 2003
  4. Ozzy

Ozzy Quite simply, me. Full Member - Verified Business

3,401 157
    Electron cards are generally a "card holder present only" card.

Posted: Oct 23, 2004 By: Ozzy Member since: Feb 9, 2003
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.