Very Rude Amazon Delivery Driver

Discussion in 'Time Out' started by MASSEY, May 25, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MASSEY

MASSEY UKBF Legend Full Member

10,334 1,783
    Woke up about 9am and proceeded to the bathroom to clean my teeth. While contemplating if i could be bothered to have a shave i heard a banging noise so i stood still and listened, i then heard it again and thought 'must be the shower i have ordered'. I grabbed a comb to make my bed head look a little less messy on the off chance it was a fit bird delivering and then chucked on some clothes and ran down the stairs.

While doing this at a rate of possibly less than 30 seconds i heard the letter box go and as i walked down the stairs i could see the amazon card so quickly opened the door and shouted the delivery man down so that he would come back, he was no more than 10 meters away.

As he was walking back the first words out of his mouth 'i haven't got time for this, i've got 200 parcels to deliver'.

He then repeated this as he was at the door handing me my parcel. He then said 'i did knock twice' and again 'i haven't got time for this, i've got 200 parcels to deliver'.

I said to him 'i didn't hear properly'. I then turned away and flicked the letter box on the door, looked back at him and said 'most people do that, because it's louder'

He then said AGAIN as he was handing me the signature machine that he hasn't got time for this blah blah.

So i stood there and looked him straight in the eye and said 'listen, i've got my parcel and that's all that matters to me, i don't care mate!.

His face dropped then, it was clear to see i managed to turn his offensive barrage of bad attitude around and trumped him by offending him more.

He then took the machine back and started walking off and he said it AGAIN!!! WTF!!!

I ended up shouting get a better job then what's it got to do with me.

Considering how short of time he seemed to think he was he was wasting loads. There's a buzzer for the flat, if i had 200 parcels to deliver i would have buzzed rather than walk 50 meters to knock the door on the off chance. And i certainly would have been running back to my vehicle if there was no answer instead of walking.

He was a complete idiot. The calling card was amazon logistics so he was probably a proper employee of amazon. I have a good mind to complain!

I had some similar grief off a UK Mail delivery driver too, i put it down to him being jealous of my coat because he had a far cheaper imitation one on :D

Was a nice way to start the bank holiday anyway.

Posted: May 25, 2015 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  2. roydmoorian

roydmoorian UKBF Ace Full Member - Verified Business

1,954 342
    One of the hazards of ordering stuff to be delivered on a BH when folk should be able to expect a lie in.

There is absolutely no defence for being rude, however most people don't realize that it takes longer to fail a delivery than achieve it successfully.

He will need to be achieving a strike rate of about a delivery every 7 minutes including locating addresses, route planning, locating your package on his van and a 3 minute delay on each of 80 or so deliveries would extend the working day by 4 hours (probably 40%).

Still no excuse to be rude though.

Posted: May 25, 2015 By: roydmoorian Member since: Nov 6, 2009
  3. paulears

paulears UKBF Big Shot Full Member

3,642 893
    I went to the toilet, to return to a 'glad you were out' card from RM. Next morning I went down to the depot as soon as they opened and on my return was another damn card!

Posted: May 25, 2015 By: paulears Member since: Jan 7, 2015
  4. Cobby

Cobby UKBF Ace Free Member

3,711 777
    When I was a kid we used to play this game where we would hammer on a door and then run away before they could open it. We called the game "Parcel Force".

Posted: May 26, 2015 By: Cobby Member since: Oct 28, 2009
  5. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Full Member

12,069 4,183
    Massey,

I'm disappointed in you!!!!

Why didn't you just punch him and run him over??

:)

Posted: May 26, 2015 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  6. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,431 7,049
    Massey is going soft in his old age.

Posted: May 26, 2015 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  7. pbeard18

pbeard18 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

21 4
    I had one the other day who wanted me to take a parcel for my neighbour. He didn't say anything, just threw the box at me. When I said to him that it wasn't mine he replied with "Yes, but they are not in. Can you take it". Looks like I don't have much choice mate...

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: pbeard18 Member since: May 27, 2015
  8. Paul Norman

Paul Norman UKBF Ace Free Member

2,384 726
    Some people are rude, regretably. There is nothing we can do about it. Largely, I suspect, it is an IQ thing.

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: Paul Norman Member since: Apr 8, 2010
  9. estwig

estwig UKBF Legend Full Member

12,069 4,183
    Fook off are they, what's the matter with you?

Pillock!!!

;)

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: estwig Member since: Sep 29, 2006
  10. Cobby

Cobby UKBF Ace Free Member

3,711 777
    Their rudeness is more likely to be due to dealing with entitled, rude, arrogant, snobbish members of the public that are largely devoid of empathy and when not immediately given their own way or treated like royalty will attempt to diminish the driver with insults about their intelligence or ability to find 'better' work.

That and working for over-expectant managers. ;)

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: Cobby Member since: Oct 28, 2009
  11. OldWelshGuy

OldWelshGuy UKBF Legend Staff Member

20,431 7,049
    Stress does funny things to people, it can make a gentle person into a raging animal.

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: OldWelshGuy Member since: Jun 12, 2008
  12. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,660 163
    you do more door to door deliveriers so that would be more of an issue for you. I would suspect most of these larger companies have workers on the same route, doing the same patch day in day out. They should be able to look at an address in their patch and get a good idea exactly where the property is located.

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  13. tsubibo

tsubibo UKBF Contributor Free Member

49 6
    He must have woken up on the wrong side of the bed. Lol.

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: tsubibo Member since: May 10, 2015
  14. ADNattan

ADNattan UKBF Regular Full Member

308 75
    They're cracking, Amazon drivers. One knocked on at our house just as I was going for a run to leave a parcel for someone over the road (instead of the neighbour at either side of the recipient). As he was walking back to the van, the person who'd order the parcel had opened the door and was asking where his package was.

Driver just pointed at me, got in the van and drove off.

No worries mate, I'll deliver it, I guess?

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: ADNattan Member since: Jul 21, 2009
  15. woodss

woodss UKBF Enthusiast Free Member

602 219
    Next delivery your parcel will be kicked all over the van before it gets delivered - guaranteed.

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: woodss Member since: Feb 22, 2007
  16. Karimbo

Karimbo UKBF Ace Free Member

1,660 163
    well duhh, they use robots for deliveries!

Posted: May 27, 2015 By: Karimbo Member since: Nov 5, 2011
  17. JEREMY HAWKE

JEREMY HAWKE UKBF Legend Full Member

3,711 1,199
    I used to do this when I was younger it was a real laugh back then and as an young owner driver very lucrative . These days its an awful job they get peanuts have to do 3 times as many drops as.
    we did for half the money and the customers are more miserable
    If I delivered your parcel I would be smiling and saying "Massey you look a million dollars this time of the morning "!:)

Posted: May 28, 2015 By: JEREMY HAWKE Member since: Mar 4, 2008
  18. Hedgie

Hedgie UKBF Ace Free Member

2,311 305
    I worked for Hermes years ago, nightmare of a job. Delivering parcels at the rate of 100-130 a day on a so called part-time basis ! 45p for each parcel and sod all if you didn't deliver.
    Shocked though at the number of couriers who chuck parcels over garden walls, leave them in wheelie bins or even stick them on a door step with the mat plonked on top of them ( ooo look it's hidden now ! Duh!)

Posted: May 28, 2015 By: Hedgie Member since: Aug 17, 2007
  19. MASSEY

10,334 1,783
    Had 4 parcels delivered saturday from different companies, i was a little late opening the door to the first one and he looked a bit peeved :D, but at least he wasn't rude. The others were ok, one even seemed as if he had all the time in the world.

I think all work is stressful to a point, you just need to keep it to yourself and not act like a ****.

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
  20. MASSEY

10,334 1,783
    You sticking up for the driver? I'm not surprised. :rolleyes:

Posted: Jun 1, 2015 By: MASSEY Member since: Nov 29, 2009
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.