VAN IDEAS PLEASE

Discussion in 'East of England' started by jwoods, May 31, 2017.

1. jwoods

jwoods UKBF Newcomer Free Member

3 0
    Hi there,

Im losing my job in September and being a single mum I'm finding it hard to find anything suitable.
    In the next week I'm buying a Berlingo LWB van and so I'm racking my brains and in need of inspiration how I could use this to make money.
    If I was male it would be man with a van but I'm not strong enough to do household moves etc.

Hoping someone can help me out with ideas as I'm worrying like mad.

many thanks
    Julie

Posted: May 31, 2017 By: jwoods Member since: May 31, 2017
  2. profitxchange

profitxchange UKBF Ace Free Member

1,704 192
    Hi I am sure there is a place for a lady with a van - why not try advertising now and see what sort of response you will get. You do not need to be a tarzan for 95% of the jobs.
    Offer overload service to florists.

Posted: May 31, 2017 By: profitxchange Member since: Apr 16, 2005
  3. jwoods

3 0
    Great idea about the florist, many thanks

4. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Free Member

1,401 286
    Why?

Posted: May 31, 2017 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  5. jwoods

3 0
    for my sons adapted bike!

6. NickGrogan

NickGrogan UKBF Ace Free Member

1,401 286
    So perhaps something related to this? I guess he's not the only person with this kid of bike, so others could benefit from your van and experience.

Posted: May 31, 2017 By: NickGrogan Member since: Nov 15, 2012
  7. Alexander Sadlier

Alexander Sadlier UKBF Contributor Free Member

40 1
    Any house to house jobs would be easier with a Van.

You could buy some cheap cleaning equipment, and ask people in your neighbourhood if they would like to hire your services.

Posted: Jan 27, 2018 By: Alexander Sadlier Member since: Dec 13, 2017
  8. Highland Spring

Highland Spring UKBF Regular Full Member

136 9
    Amazon mostly employ local people with their own transport so that might work as they delivery everywhere and at all times now...

Posted: Jan 28, 2018 By: Highland Spring Member since: Jan 20, 2018
  9. Anna12

Anna12 UKBF Newcomer Free Member

6 2
    Try multidrop delivery... maybe you would like to also think about pet taxi services...

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 By: Anna12 Member since: Jan 23, 2018
  10. LiveNetworks Ltd

LiveNetworks Ltd UKBF Regular Free Member

165 39
    Any independent business in your area is worth talking to, especially ones that are only one or two staff and with shops/workshops. You'd be surprised at how often sole traders end up closing early to do a delivery to a customer or collect stock. One of our local shops has to do a pickup from the local DPD depot because by the time they're open the road is closed to traffic and pedestrian only.

Florists, Chemists, etc, anyone with a product that'll could benefit from a local delivery.

For our summer work, we can have Postoffice, Hermes or DPD boxes do a 70+ mile round trip to get to a customer 5 miles down the road because we're too busy to get a hand delivery done and no courier offers a 'last mile' local delivery.

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 By: LiveNetworks Ltd Member since: Jan 31, 2018
  11. g

g UKBF Regular Free Member

222 46
    Briefly clarifying the earlier suggestions of Amazon and multi-drop... Hermes and other delivery services offer appropriate engagement.

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 By: g Member since: Jan 29, 2018
  12. LiveNetworks Ltd

LiveNetworks Ltd UKBF Regular Free Member

165 39
    Just remembered that our local health authority and local council both have 'internal mail' services between sites within the county.

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 By: LiveNetworks Ltd Member since: Jan 31, 2018
  13. MBE2017

MBE2017 UKBF Regular Free Member

489 102
    The likes of Hermes might offer engagement, just do not expect to make any money from working for them.

You could do worse than offer any single item under certain size weight delivered within x miles in local press, ie £10-15 per item.

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 By: MBE2017 Member since: Feb 16, 2017
  14. Highland Spring

Highland Spring UKBF Regular Full Member

136 9
    Amazon use local free lance drivers and pay based on the number of parcels delivered they are always recruiting and expect you to live in the area you deliver for, so the majority of your Amazon deliveries are probably dealt with by one of your neighbours.

Posted: Feb 3, 2018 By: Highland Spring Member since: Jan 20, 2018