Using QuickFile as a start-up..

Discussion in 'Accounts & Finance' started by antp__, May 28, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. antp__

antp__ UKBF Regular Free Member

175 25
    Hello all,

I may have worded the subject incorrectly however i'll explain all here.

I have been running a business now for the last 16 months. I have always done everything on an Excel spreadsheet. Each sale is recorded so I know my exact profit figure for that order which gets carried through to another tab on the sheet where my incoming and outgoing moneys are. This way I can keep track of what money I have available to reinvest into stock, advertising and so on.

I want to get away from Excel sheets as it's growing quite quickly I can see myself scratching my head for far too many hours each night which will just put me a few steps back.

I have seen a few mention QuickFile, this can also integrate with PayPal. Great, pretty much all my payments are through PayPal as the majority are through eBay at the moment.

Now the question:
    When going to such software, i'm guessing of course it won't work out profits for each sale as you cannot minus ebay fees and paypal fees within the software.

So, if this then done by each month? Input all of your sales for that month. Then at the end of each month in the out goings place the eBay and PayPal fees in as 1 final figure?

I'm already confused to hell so any help will be massively appreciated.
    Probably over thinking things and this will probably seem 'thick' to most.

Kind Regards,
    Ant

Posted: May 28, 2015 By: antp__ Member since: Mar 30, 2014
  2. antp__

antp__ UKBF Regular Free Member

175 25
    Or I'm guessing I would use this only for purchase and sales invoices and still need something such as excel run on the side to keep track of actual sales and profit per sale?

Or could I create the invoice. Say £300.
    Any postage costs, eBay fees and PayPal fees deduct as an expense?

This just seems a long winded way around things.

Last edited: May 28, 2015
    Posted: May 28, 2015 By: antp__ Member since: Mar 30, 2014
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.